282awhp 06STi vs The World - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on 282awhp 06STi vs The World within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; guys there's nothing special in those EVO's trust me Damn' i wish i could show yall some videos me racing ...

The King Of the SOuth

guys there's nothing special in those EVO's trust me Damn' i wish i could show yall some videos me racing those evo's in ockechobee (here in miami),me and my friend with his SRT4 always go to the races and we always whoop'em and actually my friends mods are : catback,downpipe,wastegate,spark plugs and bigger FMIC @18 pounds of boost, no respect of EVo's ,i just don't see them going faster than me im' sorry EVO 7,8,9 are all the same to me!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 305wrxPIMP View Post
    guys there's nothing special in those EVO's trust me Damn' i wish i could show yall some videos me racing those evo's in ockechobee (here in miami),me and my friend with his SRT4 always go to the races and we always whoop'em and actually my friends mods are : catback,downpipe,wastegate,spark plugs and bigger FMIC @18 pounds of boost, no respect of EVo's ,i just don't see them going faster than me im' sorry EVO 7,8,9 are all the same to me!!
    I may have beaten a stock Evo 9

but modded they'll **** up my WRX and your STi with no problem.

Give respect where it's due. EVO's, especially 9's, respond GREAT to mods. If you don't think they deserve respect you need to sell your STi and buy a riced out hatchback civic.

3000GT's with similar mods to mine have about 650 crank horsepower on full boost. I mess with modded Evo's, and only from a roll. From a stop, I can't catch them unless I'm on a prepped track. Stop thinking you're the king of the streets, cuz not even a 10 second car is enough to tear everyone else up.

CLIFF NOTES: Your STi is not fast, quit acting like you run 9's. Evo's deserve respect like every other decent car. Stop acting like you're not old enough to drive, let alone have an STi.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #027

95 Mitsu 3000GT TT Sable Black
    2006 WRX TR Crystal Gray Metallic

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/3...dwrxsig5yd.jpg

Just curious, have you run at the track? What did you run?

yeah lol at you and your 282whp being a world beater. Youre so full of it kid and anyone who actually knows just a little about these cars can see right through your crap. Youre not fooling anyone

282 isnt going to beat many modded Evo's and surely not the Evo9 you claim to have DROPPED, lmao

and please dont ever list SPARK PLUGS as MODS, lol you kill me
    Last edited by HBPUNK; 01-07-2007 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    Just curious, have you run at the track? What did you run?
    Last time I took it to the track I broke my "unbreakable" limited slip differential.

I also had blown one of my aftermarket turbos about a month before. The bearing was on it's way out, because when I spun a rod bearing due to a faulty oil pump in my old motor the metal shavings must've gotten their way into the turbo.

So I had to put a stock turbo on (which just happened to come with my new motor), I was only peaking about 17psi and holding 13 to redline (stock 9b turbos from a VR-4 = garbage) and my timing map was conservative. This summer I'll have both good turbos back on... mwahaha

I only got one run before my differential broke. They also gave my timeslip to an eclipse because my car sat at the end of the track in the turnaround for about 3 minutes while others ran. The timeslip I got back was a 13.1 @ 99. That darn blue DSM was running that all day.. back to back..

I had my datalogger running on my AEM EMS though. It said that I was going 119MPH when I let off the throttle (which was right after the traps). I think that trap speed might be calculated differently... but still

That might give you an idea. On one stock turbo, only pushing a little above stock boost, with a conservative timing map on 93 octane.. I broke my "unbreakable" diff and was going 119MPH when I crossed the traps.

The diff got me home, but every time I turned the gears caught on the outside holes of the casing and the wheel would start to lock up until BANG!!!! it would snap back and then start to lock up again.

Taking apart the tranny revealed numerous popcorn kernel sized pieces of differential everywhere. Lucky for me the diff was under warranty.

Maybe it's time to rebuild my tranny too

I've got about enough parts in my garage to build a second 3000GT... hahaha
    Last edited by ShardAerithes; 01-07-2007 at 06:09 PM.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #027

not you!

not you!
    Well then specify, you drunkard!

Usually people address each other by name, rather than shouting into the crowd of posters "HEI!!! HAEV U RUN UR CAR AT TEH TRACKZORS?! LOLOLOLOL!!!!"

Brian you know me, and I know you. I'm only going to say this once. **** your boot strap.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #027

:saved:
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

SILLEH IMAGE!!!!!!
    Brian, stop turning me on... Ah crap. I forgot you only like teh guyzors... hehe
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #027

Quote Originally Posted by 305wrxPIMP View Post
    Yeah....! no. Seriously, I'm not sure how to best put this since you aren't listening to everyone else, but you, sir, are very wrong. Evo's with spare pocket change in them are running 11's. Not to mention some of the 9's are hitting 12s out of the box, so with you hp you aren't going to be out there dominating Evos.
    '06 wrx wr-blue

2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 4.5 13.3
    2006 Subaru WRX STI 4.5 13.0

W00t w00t! got it by .3 in the 1/4 mile (even though it's a drivers race)

http://www.albeedigital.com/supercou...0-60times.html

Quote Originally Posted by ntg06 View Post
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 4.5 13.3
    2006 Subaru WRX STI 4.5 13.0

W00t w00t! got it by .3 in the 1/4 mile (even though it's a drivers race)

http://www.albeedigital.com/supercou...0-60times.html

Are you serious? From what I understand on Clubwrx, magazine racing is not a commonly accepted form for which to gauge a car's performance. It is fine for estimating if two cars would be fairly close in a race, but not great for picking the likely winner.

It's also a fact that Evo 9s respond to mods better than the STi.
    '06 wrx wr-blue

Quote Originally Posted by speedDman1 View Post
    Are you serious? From what I understand on Clubwrx, magazine racing is not a commonly accepted form for which to gauge a car's performance. It is fine for estimating if two cars would be fairly close in a race, but not great for picking the likely winner.

It's also a fact that Evo 9s respond to mods better than the STi.
    haha I don't know but I'm not going to argue with that.
    btw those are stock, not modded.

Quote Originally Posted by ntg06 View Post
    haha I don't know but I'm not going to argue with that.
    btw those are stock, not modded.
    Yeah, I mean it's good for an approximation, but not entirely accurate. So they are fairly close stock, but modded, the EVO9 is going to have such an advantage on a similarly modded Sti.

In reponse to the rest of this thread, I'm not accepting the "anything can happen on the streets" -theory. Even if I personally did beat like some higher powered car like a Evo9 at a significant disadvatage, I wouldn't post it on Clubwrx because people are going to think I was hallucinating.
    '06 wrx wr-blue

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast