Lancer Oz ralliart? vs stage 2 WRX TR
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Lancer Oz ralliart? vs stage 2 WRX TR within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Basically we went from 2nd gear (45'ish?) and I go and he goes, i'm surprised to see that he's still ...

Lancer Oz ralliart? vs stage 2 WRX TR

Basically we went from 2nd gear (45'ish?) and I go and he goes, i'm surprised to see that he's still hanging with me as I shift into 3rd I look back and i've only got about a car on him, he stays there until I shut down at around 80..and get the ricer fly-by
    It looked like he was modded (bodykit, exhaust, wheels) But I looked on mitsu's site and it says it only has 120hp? What is wrong here? Although I had 3 other passengers in my car I would've thought I would lay the smack down on this guy..any comments on why this happened? I'm kind of frustrated and want a bigger turbo now !!
    UPDATE! look at this video, my friend started recording with his phone after I beat him and I didn't know he was recording, someone figure out what car this is: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...urrent=020.flv
    Last edited by 240toSTi; 12-13-2006 at 11:06 PM.
    06 VF39'd WRX 270awhp 295wtq @15psi
    Should I OpenSource and ditch the AP?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #006

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 240toSTi View Post
    Basically we went from 2nd gear (45'ish?) and I go and he goes, i'm surprised to see that he's still hanging with me as I shift into 3rd I look back and i've only got about a car on him, he stays there until I shut down at around 80..and get the ricer fly-by
    It looked like he was modded (bodykit, exhaust, wheels) But I looked on mitsu's site and it says it only has 120hp? What is wrong here? Although I had 3 other passengers in my car I would've thought I would lay the smack down on this guy..any comments on why this happened? I'm kind of frustrated and want a bigger turbo now !!
    3 extra people - roughly 300 pounds or more added to your car.

100lbs = -10hp or -.1second in quartermile

Also, I believe the Ralliart is 162hp/tq - I used to work with a guy who had one - it was a fun little car to drive. Not to mention - he's got FWD, vs your AWD which is great for the launch, but crapola for drivetrain losses.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

^^^ ehhh sounds good ,,

edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post

Also, I believe the Ralliart is 162hp/tq - I used to work with a guy who had one - it was a fun little car to drive. Not to mention - he's got FWD, vs your AWD which is great for the launch, but crapola for drivetrain losses.
    well this brings my self-esteem up a bit...my friends weigh about 140 each so 140x3=420, so if it is true that each 100lbs. is -10 hp this can even the odds a bit, and it doesn't help that we went from a roll.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #006

Maybe he had some mods?
    My water heater has a blow off valve.

Quote Originally Posted by e-merlin View Post
    Maybe he had some mods?
    yeah possibly, the mitsu guys on this forum have to come out and explain what this Lancer could've had done to it...the exterior was pretty nice cf hood etc. etc..but what would a tune, exhaust, and intake put these cars at?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #006

Wingless evo? i've seen the evo both wingless and with the little OZ wing
    '06 wrx wr-blue

Quote Originally Posted by speedDman1 View Post
    Wingless evo? i've seen the evo both wingless and with the little OZ wing
    definetely not..or else I would've been raped (i'm pretty sure)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #006

I Support ClubWRX
    I had one of those try to pull out on me once. Downshifted to second, nailed it and I left it a bus length+ behind. I shut it down at 50-ish - I made my point. Of course I got the fly by.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Even though you had three other people, it still doesn't add up. Unless, of course, he was modded. Those things are not fast.
    2006 WRX TR

Quote Originally Posted by Bboy AJ View Post
    Even though you had three other people, it still doesn't add up. Unless, of course, he was modded. Those things are not fast.
    Drivetrain losses, plus extra weight - it adds up. I hate driving my WRX with more than one other person in the car.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

That is true, but 160 BHP compared to 224 WHP, even with 3 people? Doesn't add up to me.
    2006 WRX TR

definetely not..or else I would've been raped (i'm pretty sure)

I mean, Stage 2 TR puts down a ton of torque. It has a tuned map; meaning that if you have two cars of equal power and weight one witha stock ecu and without, the car with upgraded ECU is going to win, most likely. You very well could have run into an Evo 8 with only cosmetic mods, and that would be a comparable race with the Stage 2 TR. This situation seems much more realistic than the OZ rally senario.
    '06 wrx wr-blue

I would say either it was a boosted ralliart or an evo.

There is no way in hell a ralliart that is N/A is going to hang with a stage2 06. That is like the equivalent of a stage2 wrx hanging with a C6 Z06 or 911T

There is a local guy with a 16G boosted ralliart that is decently quick. I still took him from a dig, but I am sure from a roll it would have been close. I would say it most likely a low-key Evo RS with a less than great driver. Very close competition for a stage2 06. Considering your torque advantage and that you got the jump I would most likely bet on it being an RS evo.

If you know 100% is must have been a ralliart, then it HAD to have been boosted.

Anyway, how were all your friends in the car 140lbs or less. Are your friends girls?
    Last edited by DTR rex; 12-13-2006 at 09:58 PM.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Registered User project_skyline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post

The only way 3 extra people would be 100 pounds is if he was carrying a bunch of kids or some anorexic girls.

Im guessing he was 400-500 pounds worth of extra weight with those people.

He could have had more then intake and exhaust, if you look hard enough theres plenty of mods for them that still keep em NA but still i don't see how you didn't pull more on him.
    Last edited by project_skyline; 12-13-2006 at 10:16 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast