Lancer Oz ralliart? vs stage 2 WRX TR - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Lancer Oz ralliart? vs stage 2 WRX TR within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; yeah this is pissing me off..my friends keep making fun of me saying that this lancer kept up with me, ...

yeah this is pissing me off..my friends keep making fun of me saying that this lancer kept up with me, two of my friends even say it was automatic...I can truthfully say that it wasn't an Evo, it had a new weird Lancer bumper...Also, i'm not a bad driver..so that's not it either..maybe i'll see him around (probably not, i'm in Socal) and ask him what his mods are.
    06 VF39'd WRX 270awhp 295wtq @15psi
    Should I OpenSource and ditch the AP?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #006

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 240toSTi View Post
    yeah this is pissing me off..my friends keep making fun of me saying that this lancer kept up with me, two of my friends even say it was automatic...I can truthfully say that it wasn't an Evo, it had a new weird Lancer bumper...Also, i'm not a bad driver..so that's not it either..maybe i'll see him around (probably not, i'm in Socal) and ask him what his mods are.
    If you are sure it was not an Evo it might have just been a boosted lancer.

Like I said, we have one around here, and he said it was pretty cheap/easy to do.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

from looking at that crappy video i can definately say it is not an evo.

and btw, even a evo with a ****ty driver would still be faster than a stage 2 WRX with a full load of people from a 45mph roll
    Anthony

Haha You almost lost to a auto Lancer. Your never gonna live this down.

CGM

Quote Originally Posted by speedDman1 View Post
    I mean, Stage 2 TR puts down a ton of torque. It has a tuned map; meaning that if you have two cars of equal power and weight one witha stock ecu and without, the car with upgraded ECU is going to win, most likely. You very well could have run into an Evo 8 with only cosmetic mods, and that would be a comparable race with the Stage 2 TR. This situation seems much more realistic than the OZ rally senario.
    I love my Impreza wrx but a stock evo would def. own a stage 2 Impreza wrx.
    Black 03 Impreza WRX (Fully Rebuilt Motor 15,xxx Miles )
    Stromung Cat Back Exhaust
    Upper Front Tower Brace
    Stage 1

Just some stats...

A Ralliart puts down about 145 hp to the wheels and about 155 tq. The stock 1/4 mile is about 15.6. That means the best you can do on stock internals is going to be around high 14's. To keep up with a low 13 second car, either you can't drive or it is boosted.
    2013 WRX SWP

I can drive I swear.. ..i'll go to the strip and see what I can run..i'm ok with it now either he was boosted, plus we went from a roll soooo...yeah.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #006

I don't know what exactly the drivetrain loss is on AWD but I imagine it's even worse when you have 3 other passengers in the car. Are you certain that your friend's all weighed around 140 pounds? My friend who's like 5'10" is pretty thin and he's like 160. Most people I know (guys) are closer to the 180-220 range. that's 500-600 pounds, which could be a huggggggggeeeeeeee power loss.

yup, that's definitely not an EVO. The 'death' would have more horrendous...
    Gian - '06 Aspen White STi
    My site.

+1 for boosted OZ/ES....my friend has a boosted ES, which is when i first learned stick, and there pretty quick...

-1 for EVO, no way in hell...also people in the car definatly slows things down a lot, but that wasnt a kill, that was murder, you were WOT???
    **** off with your candy paint jobs and spoilers that are 8x too big , I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by motormike View Post
    +1 for boosted OZ/ES....my friend has a boosted ES, which is when i first learned stick, and there pretty quick...

-1 for EVO, no way in hell...also people in the car definatly slows things down a lot, but that wasnt a kill, that was murder, you were WOT???
    no if you read..that video was taken after I already beat him...hell no I wasn't racing him in that vid..If I launched he would be gone pretty much..but yeah I added up all my friends and it came out to 520lbs. hahaha
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #006

no if you read..that video was taken after I already beat him...hell no I wasn't racing him in that vid..If I launched he would be gone pretty much..but yeah I added up all my friends and it came out to 520lbs. hahaha
    haha, yea, sry bout that...most likely the weight issue, 500 lbs prob like 40-50 less hp? something along those lines

was it 100 lbs per -10hp or something?
    **** off with your candy paint jobs and spoilers that are 8x too big , I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may.

Basically we went from 2nd gear (45'ish?) and I go and he goes, i'm surprised to see that he's still hanging with me as I shift into 3rd I look back and i've only got about a car on him, he stays there until I shut down at around 80..and get the ricer fly-by
    It looked like he was modded (bodykit, exhaust, wheels) But I looked on mitsu's site and it says it only has 120hp? What is wrong here? Although I had 3 other passengers in my car I would've thought I would lay the smack down on this guy..any comments on why this happened? I'm kind of frustrated and want a bigger turbo now !!
    UPDATE! look at this video, my friend started recording with his phone after I beat him and I didn't know he was recording, someone figure out what car this is: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...urrent=020.flv
    hmmmmmm....you should of raped him pretty good with stg 2. especially with the new 2.5L wrx's. I had the GF and her two brothers with me (550lbs) and met up with a STOCK 04-05 STi on the highway. The STi driver had his 2 kids in the back. We went WOT at around 70mph and he was already 1 car ahead but i still caught up at the end of 3rd and past him as i shifted into 4th.

Either the ralliart was spraying or turbocharged.
    Last edited by subyguy; 12-15-2006 at 07:01 PM. Reason: sounds better
    04 wrx white with one blue door.
    cobb stg 2 and more to love

My sister has a ralliart 5speed intake exhaust rims tires that car i tell you is super clean and a nice car for a mitsubishi. I love driving it. MIVEC!!! aha

Quit sticking so many people in the WRX...

just because it has 4 doors doesn't mean the back seats are for anything but aesthetics!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #027

95 Mitsu 3000GT TT Sable Black
    2006 WRX TR Crystal Gray Metallic

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/3...dwrxsig5yd.jpg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.