First KILL
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on First KILL within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Bored at home and thought I'd share what I experienced tonight at one of NYC's street racing spots. I got ...

First KILL

Bored at home and thought I'd share what I experienced tonight at one of NYC's street racing spots. I got 3 good runs tonight and 2 was vs. a turbo'd hatchback civic. It was basically the normal 1-1.5 cars at the start as I pump the throttle to 4k and slowing slipping the clutch. First race i had 2 cars on him on 2nd and as I shifted to 3rd, I slowly pulled away til 5th gear, looked like he was pulling slowly but the race had to end. The 2nd race was just a blow out. Seemed like he dropped his clutch at a too high RPM and spun tires through gears, so AWD pwnd right there. The B18 civic was mod'd with a t3/t4 turbo @16psi, FMIC and all that goodies.
    Now there was this black evo that wanted to race a stage 1 WRB WRX that I rolled with. I dont know the dude but we met in the gas station and we were the only subies around. If youre in here whats up! Anyways he lost to the evo by 2 cars. So I said what the heck. I had to represent. By the way the car sounded and looked like he only had a intake and BOV. Well I lined up and waited but noone wanted to line up til the evo came back from the race with the WRB. He immediately made a U turn and got my left. Again I'm pumping my throttle and slipped the clutch as the flagger threw the flag down. I instantly got 1 car in front of him and stayed like that til 4rd thro 5th where he pulled right at my quarter panel and the race ended @105. I asked for a second race since it was the driver's skill involved more then the car but it was his last race. But still, I got 1 evo kill on my list and another 1 for the subie community.

(BTW I raced the evo first and it was my first KILL w/ the rex. I just had to save the first race for a good challenge.)

ENJOY!

here's some pics. she's a pure sleeper with the evo2 <- the cars is pretty quiet
    my mods are on my SIG w/ a COBB AP & streettuner.

Last edited by engz; 12-10-2006 at 04:00 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

sick congrats man you should put a kill mark just like the war planes..lol

good race, good kill!

Congrats on the kill. What are you putting down for power?
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

I havent dyno'd the car yet. I'm looking forward to getting the car tune @ automasters as soon as I dropped the bigger turbo, IC, injectors etc. I'm guessing around 230-240whp by just the way I the outcome of the 3 races that night. I talked to the owner of the turbo'd hatch and he dyno'd 267fwhp. Reason why he started to pull on me on the topend. I would have gotten my ass wooped if it was from a roll.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.