'04 Forester XT 20g'd vs. 911 Turbo (996) 2nd gear roll on
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on '04 Forester XT 20g'd vs. 911 Turbo (996) 2nd gear roll on within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I had one other noteworthy encounter in the past few weeks, although this one doesn't end with a kill for ...

I Support ClubWRX

'04 Forester XT 20g'd vs. 911 Turbo (996) 2nd gear roll on

I had one other noteworthy encounter in the past few weeks, although this one doesn't end with a kill for the ol' XT.

Normally I'm VERY observant of the cars around me, but as I was exiting the Parkway merging onto a 4 lane that goes into Atlantic City, I looked in my mirror and was surprised...or rather shocked...to see a late model 911 Turbo about 10 feet behind me, almost out of nowhere. I wondered how I might get a run with him, when as I merged onto the 4 lane, he promptly flew into the fast lane, and floored it. I was not expecting this, and did my best to downshift, but he pulled about a carlength before I was able to stop his progress. At this point the nose of my Forester was a few feet behind his rear bumper, and on each of the two shifts I made (into 3rd and 4th), I dropped a couple feet back from him, and was unable to re-coupe an inch. Those 911 Turbos are brutally powerful, and I regret not flooring it from the instant we merged onto the straightaway I would have liked to at least have anticipated his move, and rollled alongside him the whole time, perhaps dropping back a foot on each shift, although I'm sure he was still shocked to not be able to pull me in any meaningful way. There's just something about rolling side by side, not being able to pull in any significant way that just garners an element of respect...plus, I guess I just hate losing, lol...

Anyway, I cursed myself for letting him jump me, and I once again smelled that odd odor that 996 911's seem to leave behind them (I got smoked by an x50 996 911 back in '03 when my blue WRX was a 261 whp'd VF30, and it left that same odor of burnt rubber). Needless to say, this experience re-inforces my inclination to make my next car purchase an x50 996 I do not know if this particular 911 was an x50 or standard.
    Last edited by annointed; 12-07-2006 at 11:45 PM.
    "Don't hate me because my Impreza's beautiful"
    -04 FXT 20g'd 343 whp
    -04 FXT 35r/6mt 430 whp 11.6@118 on 93 oct
    -95 NSX SC'd 450 whp
    -70 Chevelle SS

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Great death! what can ya say, its a 996TT man..
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

/\ nice sig
    Vag-eye Militia #1
    Military Militia #3

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.