20g Forester XT vs. M5 (E39) roll on

This is a discussion on 20g Forester XT vs. M5 (E39) roll on within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Over a month ago I was cruising home from my girlfriend's, and noticed a black E39 M5 merge onto the ...

I Support ClubWRX

20g Forester XT vs. M5 (E39) roll on

Over a month ago I was cruising home from my girlfriend's, and noticed a black E39 M5 merge onto the highway. I was in the fastlane, and within moments, he was on my rear bumper. I noted that the driver looked young (late 20's), and hoped he might be unwittingly suckered into a roll-on. I moved into the middle lane, and he promptly floored it and started to fly by. Never one to waste an opportunity to show up such a car, I promptly downshifted to 4th and went WOT. Within moments I'd halted his progress, and proceeded to walk by him like there was no tomorrow. I promptly shut down when it was clear that he'd been spanked, only to realize he was still on it for all it was worth. As he attempted to fly by the second time, I once again went WOT, and within a second or two, stopped his progress, reeled him back in, and just hurridly walked on by, lol. After the recent C6 experience, I was disappointed at how easily I could outgun the previous generation M5 (doubt I'd fare as well against the E60, lol).

Anyway, after we slowed a bit I was amused as we pulled even a few seconds later, and he looked over at at me with a shocked stare, and just shrugged his shoulders and mouthed "Wow."
    "Don't hate me because my Impreza's beautiful"
    -04 FXT 20g'd 343 whp
    -04 FXT 35r/6mt 430 whp 11.6@118 on 93 oct
    -95 NSX SC'd 450 whp
    -70 Chevelle SS

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Dammit! I just (as of last night) got my LGT to Stage 2 and here you are making me want a big turbo & FMIC already.

I still have to get used to this level of power first. Going from stock to UP / DP and an open source ECU tune (tweaked by me) has given my car a ton of power (esp. torque) -- I can't imagine the fun with a real turbo and supporting goodies.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by John M View Post
    here you are making me want a big turbo & FMIC already.
    Do it! This 20g EJ257 spools better than the small 16g I had years ago on my jdm EJ20g WRX swap (8.5:1 cr), and certainly way better than any of the three 18g'd EJ20 WRXs I've had (yes, I've had my fair share of turbo Subarus, lol). I'm still amazed at the lack of lag the setup has, and I doubt I'll ever go EJ20 again after this experience. 20g is the minimal starting point for an EJ257, imo.
    "Don't hate me because my Impreza's beautiful"
    -04 FXT 20g'd 343 whp
    -04 FXT 35r/6mt 430 whp 11.6@118 on 93 oct
    -95 NSX SC'd 450 whp
    -70 Chevelle SS

You need to look bigger than the e39 man, i am spanking the E39's at my level. In fact Jonny was the chase car for 6 different races with me vs our moded e39, I put a good beating on it everytime, (including the slooooow cts.. hehe) hey did you get to see what the new wheels look like on his car? Even tho he is SLOOOOW it looks disgusting.. I really like his car alot! Today he got the springs installed and soon the new hood will get painted. I can't wait to see the final results. He is now talking about a 75 shot. He is getting tired of following me and ending up just "chasing".

Details are required now that you mentioned the E60! I have yet to run one..
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

nice run annointed! You have to love it when they aren't expecting it...you know for sure he went home wondering what was wrong with his car
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

WOW! i always thought those M5 were fast on higher speed, i guess i m wrong... Good kill!!
    Lancer Evolution V///

439 WHP / 362 TQ TTR 50 Trim on pump @ 23psi.
    11.6 @ 120mph 1.6 60' (11/11/06)