Gtp - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Gtp within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by motormike dont line up your wagon with this guy... http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2374871 i dont recognize that guy....i thought i ...

Quote Originally Posted by motormike View Post

dont line up your wagon with this guy...

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2374871
    i dont recognize that guy....i thought i knew most of the big HP makers....interesting

hmm, looking at the turbo setup...that looks like a zzp setup. id say his number are truthful then. zzp is putting out some extremely potent cars

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

uke
    the quickest gtp out there right now is like a 9.1 i think? lots of potential
    I believe it's MattM's twin turbo'd GP, that ran a 9.01 (traction was killing him). Oh, and that's on a STOCK block, i.e., stock pistons (non-forged), stock crank, stock rods.
    06 GTO - yeah, it's pretty quick
    Grand Prix GTP-gone

yea, matt is running the twin turbo GT. thing is insane

uke
    Hey 99gulfbluegtp, how did the Whipple work out for you? Everything on paper says it should have tons of potential for insane power, but I have yet to hear any real concrete reports of people having success with it. Is it just that it's still to new?
    06 GTO - yeah, it's pretty quick
    Grand Prix GTP-gone

id personally go turbo. it worked fine enough. you really need to tune it tho or you're screwed. if i had to do it all over again, turbo no questions asked

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    I had a GTP do a ricer flyby on me a couple months ago. I'll admit it was a little hard to catch up to him (around 60mph or so, plus i had to downshift to 3rd), we were about dead even. But then again my '06 WRX only had about 1300 miles on it plus it was still a little new to me coming from a VW.

Anyway, I caught him at a redlight a couple miles up the road...his HOT ass girlfriend looked over and smiled (he was prob. talking **** on the WRX) and I just laughed to myself. Light turned green, he wheel-hopped like a bastard and I got like 3 cars on him right off the bat. The 2 lanes changed to one like 50 ft. after the light so it was a perfect little race for teh AWD. He was definitely a sore loser, he kept trying to pass me (in a no pass zone) but oncoming traffic was heavy so he just rode my ass like a bjtch.

I'm not dissin' the GTP though, it's definitely a capable car, this dude just thought he was the man... My buddy in college had the GTX with a fully worked motor, can't remember his exact mods but I know he was running high 12's. Pretty sweet.
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

between me and you guys, and uke i'm not including you in this...a lot of gtp owners seem to have become a tad overly cocky lately...i havent had my gtp in roughly a year now and it just seems owners are starting to get major ego trips lately. not all, but i guess this is what happends after awhile

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123