Gtp - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Gtp within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by uke enash99: Just out of curiousity, what are you running in the 1/4 mile? Stock gtp's are ...

Quote Originally Posted by uke View Post
    enash99: Just out of curiousity, what are you running in the 1/4 mile? Stock gtp's are known for having terrible top end, as they're pretty choked off both in exhaust and valvetrain. My top end is 200% improved after getting headers, opening the exhaust and getting a bigger cam.

edit: after looking at your mods, I'd certainly hope you could walk away from a stock or mildly modded GTP. :P Kinda like bragging about taking a stock civic in an STI. (ok, ok, maybe not THAT bad)
    Na bro.. im not braggin about anything... I get beat as much as the next guy just diff cars. but my 1/4's are 12.6 @108 with 1.7 60's..

last dyno was 288WHP @ 17.9 PSI, I am not hitting target boost right now but I am normally at 20-21 PSI depending on the temp, with 10.6-10.9 AFR's

currently working the bugs out with enginuity.
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

uke
    Quote Originally Posted by enash99 View Post
    Na bro.. im not braggin about anything... I get beat as much as the next guy just diff cars. but my 1/4's are 12.6 @108 with 1.7 60's..

last dyno was 288WHP @ 17.9 PSI, I am not hitting target boost right now but I am normally at 20-21 PSI depending on the temp, with 10.6-10.9 AFR's

currently working the bugs out with enginuity.
    It's all good

Those are pretty impressive times. My goal is to hit high 12's myself sometime next year.
    06 GTO - yeah, it's pretty quick
    Grand Prix GTP-gone

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    That is probably the first time I've ever heard that
    haha, well its a reliable motor and beats the old vulcans...nothing compared to the SHOs, but a solid motor...
    **** off with your candy paint jobs and spoilers that are 8x too big , I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by motormike View Post
    haha, well its a reliable motor and beats the old vulcans...nothing compared to the SHOs, but a solid motor...
    The old yamaha SHO engines were pretty cool.

I really considered picking one of those up as my first car, but I got a maxima instead because of the better interior.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    The old yamaha SHO engines were pretty cool.

I really considered picking one of those up as my first car, but I got a maxima instead because of the better interior.
    Those motors were nice, A buddie of mine had an SHO in high school. Not many mods and it was pretty fast.
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

Quote Originally Posted by enash99 View Post
    Those motors were nice, A buddie of mine had an SHO in high school. Not many mods and it was pretty fast.
    Yeah, I have a friend go 14.8 with intake and exhaust.

Not too bad for a N/A 6 cylinder that was made in the early 90's.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    Yeah, I have a friend go 14.8 with intake and exhaust.

Not too bad for a N/A 6 cylinder that was made in the early 90's.
    No doubt! Just found out that another friend of mine that has a stage 2 05 sti also had a SHO with NOS, he said it was crazy fun!
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods

alot of people want to rag on domestics, but just because there isn't a massive aftermarket doesn't mean some of those engines can't take a serious thrashing. Especially that 90degree 3800.
    I hate my WRX's stock horn....

Banned
    supercharger FTL..... Turbo is better!!!

uke
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanchou View Post
    alot of people want to rag on domestics, but just because there isn't a massive aftermarket doesn't mean some of those engines can't take a serious thrashing. Especially that 90degree 3800.

Actually, I'd venture that the 3800 aftermarket is just as extensive as the WRX community. Check www.zzperformance.com or www.wbodystore.com. There is enough on those sites to upgrade every single part of my car, and be able to run 10's (along with the suspension and tranmission to be able to hold it).

supercharger FTL..... Turbo is better!!!
    nice, the most mature, well thought-out comment in an otherwise civil, informative thread
    Last edited by uke; 12-17-2006 at 09:05 PM.
    Grand Prix GTP-gone

I'm gonna have to disagree with you on that one just because of the scale we're talking about.

I wasn't trying to say it was hard to find parts or mods, I was saying the extent is much greater.

For every w-body parts site for 3800s, theres probably about 5 vendors in equivalent impreza or EJ stuff.

The difference between aftermarket variety of w-bodys and 90deg in general, and between Subaru is about the difference between Subaru and Honda.

This is just a simple fact of the divergence of auto engineering in the west. "Just get a bigger engine" has been the solution for so long, no-one bothered to see what these small things can do when compared to europe or japanese cars when hard tuned.

But like I said, that doesn't mean it can't hang, its means significantly fewer people have tried.
    I hate my WRX's stock horn....

uke
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanchou View Post
    I'm gonna have to disagree with you on that one just because of the scale we're talking about.

I wasn't trying to say it was hard to find parts or mods, I was saying the extent is much greater.

For every w-body parts site for 3800s, theres probably about 5 vendors in equivalent impreza or EJ stuff.

The difference between aftermarket variety of w-bodys and 90deg in general, and between Subaru is about the difference between Subaru and Honda.

This is just a simple fact of the divergence of auto engineering in the west. "Just get a bigger engine" has been the solution for so long, no-one bothered to see what these small things can do when compared to europe or japanese cars when hard tuned.

But like I said, that doesn't mean it can't hang, its means significantly fewer people have tried.
    I see what you mean. There are fewer overall vendors than other cars. Where that really sucks is the fact that stuff tends to cost a good bit more than other cars that have many more people buying it as well as more vendors for competition. Heck, 5 years ago, an aftermarket "canned" PCM cost over $300. Today, the exact same thing is $100 because more competition came along. The market is growing, but still not Mustang/Honda huge.

What REALLY sucks (and I'm sure Subbie owners feel the same thing) is when you think you're done modding your car for a good while...then a few months later...."hmmm, I wonder if I should get a new intercooler, and I'm going to need bigger injectors soon"...It just doesn't stop!
    Grand Prix GTP-gone

I see a lot of GTPs around here. Most have tinted windows and maybe replaced the wheels/tires but stock otherwise afaik.

They all seem to think they are teh fast0r. I enjoy taking them off the line with my Wagon. It's a decent package but not enough to beat a WRX typically.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    It must be on the Subway diet. Did you name it Jared?

Quote Originally Posted by tarbaj View Post
    I see a lot of GTPs around here. Most have tinted windows and maybe replaced the wheels/tires but stock otherwise afaik.

They all seem to think they are teh fast0r. I enjoy taking them off the line with my Wagon. It's a decent package but not enough to beat a WRX typically.
    GTP owners 90% of the time bought the car for performance and looks...but thats where they stop, to them thats enough power...and i dont think the morning commute consists of going 1/4 mile from light to light in 15.0 sec

dont line up your wagon with this guy...

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2374871
    Last edited by motormike; 12-19-2006 at 12:53 PM.
    **** off with your candy paint jobs and spoilers that are 8x too big , I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may.

i havent really posted on here in quite awhile (probably since i owned my gtp). they can be darn right lethal if done up correctly. before my whipple swap i was running w/ z06's. they can be made to run low 13s for fairly cheap. hell, some guys are dipping into the 12s w/ no IC, stock cam and only rockers. they're slowing getting the respect they deserve b/c they really are VERY capable cars, minus the horse**** trans. from a dead stop they're obviously weak due to fwd and massive torque but from a roll they can hold their own.

on a side note, watch out for ANY gtp that might be turboed. it is VERY easy to get into the 11s w/ a simple turbo kit and ic (either from zzp or cartuning). the quickest gtp out there right now is like a 9.1 i think? lots of potential

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast