35R STI vs. Stock Turbo EVO - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on 35R STI vs. Stock Turbo EVO within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; It's pretty amazing that just adding the 20G and the MIVec makes the Evo IX, able to run 400 awhp ...

It's pretty amazing that just adding the 20G and the MIVec makes the Evo IX, able to run 400 awhp on the stock turbo. Variable Valve Timing really helps, it's the only reason Hondas don't need much boost at all to put down some decient hp numbers.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by LegacyMyth View Post
    It's pretty amazing that just adding the 20G and the MIVec makes the Evo IX, able to run 400 awhp on the stock turbo. Variable Valve Timing really helps, it's the only reason Hondas don't need much boost at all to put down some decient hp numbers.
    its not a 20g

its a 16g
    Anthony

every time i see one of these videos i ask myself the same question.... would i be happier had i bought an evo instead of my wrx??
    sure i can beat stock evos in a straight line race with my vf34, but if we were to go to a track, id get my ass handed to me no matter what.

<<<serious evo envy over here
    I want my subie back.

Quote Originally Posted by LegacyMyth View Post
    It's not really the valve timing as much as it is the compression ration that allows the hondas to produce high numbers with low boost. You see a lot of cars that are NA from the factory and they have high compression ratios so it only takes like five - eight pounds of boost for it to make good power. The horsepower from a turbo car has less to do with valve timing than with the compression ratios.
    2004 WRX Sti Cobb Stage 2
    GO COUGS!!!

I call fat camera guy.

But Maybe the STI dyno curve was peaky while the EVO's was nearly flat. You never know until you get all the facts! I could list other things but I am sure you can already notice my denial.

that video pretty much says evos kick ass.

^ yeaaaa they do...jk each car is great in their own unique wayy (but lets not start that up again) everyone knows the benefits of each
    Graphite Grey Evo 9

-1600 dollars in Mods...

equals 11.86....and only getting lower....

Could be a bad tune on the STi?
    '06 WRB WRX

Quote Originally Posted by chromatica View Post
    every time i see one of these videos i ask myself the same question.... would i be happier had i bought an evo instead of my wrx??
    sure i can beat stock evos in a straight line race with my vf34, but if we were to go to a track, id get my ass handed to me no matter what.

<<<serious evo envy over here
    You and me both dude

not gonna touch that comment about whopping evo's in a straight line with the VF34...surely u meant STOCK evo's not stock turbo evos (that are modded)...
    Graphite Grey Evo 9

-1600 dollars in Mods...

equals 11.86....and only getting lower....

Quote Originally Posted by sliqdaddy91 View Post
    not gonna touch that comment about whopping evo's in a straight line with the VF34...surely u meant STOCK evo's not stock turbo evos (that are modded)...
    had i meant stock turbo i would of said it. i meant totally bone stock.
    I want my subie back.

It doesn't get any gayer than running two high-powered AWD beast from a roll everytime. I want my almost 3 minutes of my life back.
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

Quote Originally Posted by sliqdaddy91 View Post
    Sliq dude, what mods are you running? I am still stock and am probably going to pull the trigger on the warrtalon/buschur package ($1300) to get to "330 awhp" but that is still not going to put me in the 11s like you. Obviously driver has something to do with it, but what mods are you running is what I have got to know dude.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice33 View Post
    Sliq dude, what mods are you running? I am still stock and am probably going to pull the trigger on the warrtalon/buschur package ($1300) to get to "330 awhp" but that is still not going to put me in the 11s like you. Obviously driver has something to do with it, but what mods are you running is what I have got to know dude.
    Blah, I wouldn't spend the money on that. Look at Dan/Fimotorsports on EVOM and what he's done to his DD IX to make it move. It may be the fastest stock turbo IX out there with the following:
    3" downpipe
    Ebay 02 housing
    Helix test pipe
    GSC 272 exhaust cam
    Forge MBC
    AMS LICP
    AMS 100 octane tune
    SS clutchline

He's running the stock Catback. You could get all that exhaust stuff & a tune for < 1K. Definitely would suggest the SS Clutch line as well,but that's a PITA install if you have larger hands.

After seeing him pull this off on the stock CB I'm more than likely going to be reverting to mine.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    Blah, I wouldn't spend the money on that. Look at Dan/Fimotorsports on EVOM and what he's done to his DD IX to make it move. It may be the fastest stock turbo IX out there with the following:
    3" downpipe
    Ebay 02 housing
    Helix test pipe
    GSC 272 exhaust cam
    Forge MBC
    AMS LICP
    AMS 100 octane tune
    SS clutchline

He's running the stock Catback. You could get all that exhaust stuff & a tune for < 1K. Definitely would suggest the SS Clutch line as well,but that's a PITA install if you have larger hands.

After seeing him pull this off on the stock CB I'm more than likely going to be reverting to mine.
    That just sounds awsome

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.