wrx vs g35
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on wrx vs g35 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Last night a G35 lined up next to me. It was odd at first becuase he was behind me at ...

wrx vs g35

Last night a G35 lined up next to me. It was odd at first becuase he was behind me at the light but moved next to me because the onramp to the interstate was pretty close so I figured he either wanted to race me or get in front of me.

Well the light turned green I didnt really launch because I didnt know what he was going to do so he got a jump on me, but I slowly kept creeping up on him and once I got into third gear his front bumber was by my rear tire. At this point we had just approached the on ramp so he had to slow down and get behind me. Once we got onto the highway I didnt mess around anymore because I was tired so he just sped off. Nthing too exciting but thought id post it up. As far as his mods, not quite sure since the G35 exhaust are pretty noticeable stock, but it might have had an exhaust and intake, but its not like the vq35 responds well to those anyways.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    New or older G35? The new ones should put a good beating on even stock '06 WRXs. 0-60 is probably similar, but the new G has very strong pull at speed.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

hmm honestly I cant say if it was the newer one or older but if its what you are saying then maybe it was an older one. I am stage 2 btw.

I Support ClubWRX
    I think the new G35 would beat up on a Stage 2 also. The older ones were still quick, though. Nice run with teh Suby.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

I disagree with the above statement; a stage 2 should be able to beat a g35 at those kind of speeds described by the op.
    Originally posted by BlkWrxWag:
    You will not have these performance issues if you stick to racing in school zones. The WRX ECU is specially tuned to recognize these areas and increase boost accordingly.

I'm assuming it was a coupe? Do you know if it was auto or manual?
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Didn't really sound like a race to me
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    Didn't really sound like a race to me
    + 1
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Quote Originally Posted by felo3769 View Post
    but it might have had an exhaust and intake, but its not like the vq35 responds well to those anyways.
    from what i have seen they dont respond well to forced induction either

every single turbo or supercharged g35/350z i have seen run at a track was pathetic

saw a video of this guys g35. twin turbo, built automatic, built motor. it too like 13 second to get to 110mph, sure, thats faster than my car, but come on! thats a massive amount of work toonly be a high 12 second car.
    Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by Antyoo View Post
    from what i have seen they dont respond well to forced induction either

every single turbo or supercharged g35/350z i have seen run at a track was pathetic

saw a video of this guys g35. twin turbo, built automatic, built motor. it too like 13 second to get to 110mph, sure, thats faster than my car, but come on! thats a massive amount of work toonly be a high 12 second car.
    G35's are quite a bit heavier than Z's plus and auto's never going to be as good (why do all that wokr on an auto). Theres twin turbo built Z's in the high 10's to mid 11's. You can get a **** load of power with a twin turbo/s/c set up. Whether or not the driver is capable of putting the power down is another story. FI does work pretty well for it, but still the car definitely is not the most mod friendly I agree on that.
    Last edited by cavallino333; 12-04-2006 at 10:06 PM.
    FORZA FERRARI

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    G35's are quite a bit heavier than Z's. You can get a **** load of power with a twin turbo/s/c set up. Whether or not the driver is capable of putting the power down is another story.
    the 200-300lb weight difference is negligable when we are talking about this fully built car. engine and tranny were built and it had a performance torque converter. the built automatic and converter instantly puts it at a great advantage to a 300lb lighter 6sd 350z with the same power. it will launch better, shift faster and all around perform better in the 1/4 mile, a lot better

i fully understand driver is the most important factor in the ET, thats why im only basing my comment on the trap speed, which so long as the driver of the car knows how to floor it, is a very good indication of how powerful the car is. all the SC and TC 350z's and g35's i have seen run catch full traction at the middle of 2nd gear,so its not like they burn out all the way down the track. a good driver will only ad a few mph to the run of a bad driver, given the same car.

a few weeks ago i saw a evo 9 with at least catback exhaust running 16.1 @95mph. will you ever see me calling an evo pathetic? no. same night i saw a 350z. it was supercharged, full exhaust(it was so damn loud) had a FMIC, nitrous intercooler sprayer and decent tire. it trapped under 105mph all night long. that i will call pathetic
    Anthony

I don't quite see the disctinction 105 is an oddly low time for any S/C'd Z and 95 isn't a good trap for a stock evo. Whatever you want everyones entitled to their opinion.
    Last edited by cavallino333; 12-04-2006 at 10:47 PM.
    FORZA FERRARI

Banned
    well if z's and g''s will put a smack down on 06 wrx , how come i spanked a C6 corvette the other day? im not joking either.

REALLY REALLY REALLY bad driver in the C6? Or maybe wasn't racing?
    FORZA FERRARI

I think the new G35 would beat up on a Stage 2 also. The older ones were still quick, though. Nice run with teh Suby.
    your on crack, one of my friends has a stock 04 g35 and even with my 03 when it was stock from a light i put a good smacking on him. More than 1 car length, now given the new power of the Z's and G series, A stock 06 wrx would beat up a G, Now add stage 2 and your just talkin nutty ness. Come on.. reality where are you? As I sit now with my current mods I raced a 06 Z track that was stock from a dig and I killed it by many lenghts. I couldnt imagine the G35 which is a little slower.

We are all entitled to our opinions but there is a realm of reality that we all must stay within.

yes, i realize im probably going to get flamed by the internet racers..
    Last edited by enash99; 12-04-2006 at 10:44 PM.
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast