Stock 06 STi v. bolt on Evo IX MR
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Stock 06 STi v. bolt on Evo IX MR within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well tonight my friend and i decided we would go from a roll in his new Evo IX MR that ...

Stock 06 STi v. bolt on Evo IX MR

Well tonight my friend and i decided we would go from a roll in his new Evo IX MR that mommy and daddy bought him... he knows how to drive it pretty well considering he drove an VIII before his parents suprised him for his 18th b-day with the new one but anyway moving past my jealousy we went from a 30mph roll to about 80. Well both times he pulled about a car and half on my and shut down although he was still pulling hard! If i wasnt jealous before tonight i sure as hell am now lol... well anyway im just hoping that after i go stage 2 it will be a little more even. oh BTW his mods are intake and TBE.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

so what did you expect ? you were going to beat him ? j/k just giving you a hard timeEvo 9's are pretty fast

what r ur mods ?
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Im completely stock... of course i didnt expect to beat him but he pulled on me HARD! i was definitely not expecting that at all. I used to beat him in his VIII with with upgraded fmic, exhaust and intake. Not by much but i still had him.

from a roll ?
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    POST WH0RE KING

Yea i would usually have him by about a bumper from a roll in his VIII.

Evo.

ftw.

good death.

Quote Originally Posted by 06STIGUY View Post
    Yea i would usually have him by about a bumper from a roll in his VIII.
    damb thats some good stuff
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    POST WH0RE KING

Ah yes, a couple of 18 year olds street racing... excellent! Please don't reproduce before you get this out of your system.
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

Quote Originally Posted by Herknav View Post
    Ah yes, a couple of 18 year olds street racing... excellent! Please don't reproduce before you get this out of your system.
    No a 21 year old street racing 18 year old haha jeez get it right man. I highly doubt that if i was still 18 id be able to afford the STi and my insurance and my bills.

dont worry i would be jelous myself... but still rather have your sti

Oh definitely still wouldnt give up my STi, my friends with evo's have so many things fail on them its not even funny, the 4G63 always holds up like a champ while everything around it falls apart like cardboard in a rain shower. Im waiting for something to break on him becuase im sure his clutch and transfer case will go soon enough. Then i can claim how much more reliable my car is and yada, yada, yada haha

Don't be surprised if you dont pull him even at stage2.

Plus, all he needs to do is a cheap reflash or ecu and you will not be able to catch him on your stock turbo. Thus is life. Enjoy the fact that your car is more reliable and is a better daily driver with more lowend torque.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

without an ECU reflash that intake is probably hurting him but the exhaust will be around 20+whp so he should be around 265-275whp give or take a few..correct me if i'm wrong but a reflashed evo with those mods would be around 300 whp which is the same as a Stage 2 Sti (sounds to me with your stage two it would be a driver's race...)
    Graphite Grey Evo 9

-1600 dollars in Mods...

equals 11.86....and only getting lower....

Quote Originally Posted by sliqdaddy91 View Post
    without an ECU reflash that intake is probably hurting him but the exhaust will be around 20+whp so he should be around 265-275whp give or take a few..correct me if i'm wrong but a reflashed evo with those mods would be around 300 whp which is the same as a Stage 2 Sti (sounds to me with your stage two it would be a driver's race...)
    From everything I have seen the EvoIX MR will make over 300whp, considerably more with intake, full exhaust, and ecu tuning. Your standard stage2 STi is not likely to hang given equal drivers.

I have seen EvoIX MR's with just TBE create a drivers race between a stage2 STi. ECU is likely to put the evo out of reach.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

i thought the evo 9 had over 300hp... something like 365 or something like that ?
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    POST WH0RE KING

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast