Stock 06 STi v. bolt on Evo IX MR - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Stock 06 STi v. bolt on Evo IX MR within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 4Gsixty3 LOL!! can never compare to yr 03 Cobra and SVT lightning..... Honestly, no. But you have ...

Quote Originally Posted by 4Gsixty3 View Post
    LOL!! can never compare to yr 03 Cobra and SVT lightning.....
    Honestly, no. But you have to admit an Evo does not have "insane low end torque." It barely has any torque in the low end. It is the truth. I really like my Evo a hell of a lot, but it is definately not as stong in the torque department in the lower range as even the STi.

But if you do want serious low end torque the Cobra and the L would be good examples of it.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah I've had my IX MR since the end of July and it's been "falling apart" like some here are saying *Sarcasm*
    1986 Porsche 944 Gone
    2004 Dodge Srt-4 Gone
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR
    So let me get this straight...we Park in Driveways , Drive on Parkways , and pay tolls on Freeways?!

Quote Originally Posted by EvolutionIXMR View Post
    Yeah I've had my IX MR since the end of July and it's been "falling apart" like some here are saying *Sarcasm*
    Yeah I saw one on the road the other day, and the roof just fell off, it was crazy.
    2013 WRX SWP

Quote Originally Posted by 05silverWRX View Post
    Yeah I saw one on the road the other day, and the roof just fell off, it was crazy.
    No that was a Z06, lol.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

C J
    Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT View Post
    Evo IX's are running 12.9 stock.
    there are STi's that run this stock as well, granted they have exceptional drivers

Sheit, I've had mine 1.5 years! My transmission fell out!

Quote Originally Posted by Juice33 View Post
    No that was a Z06, lol.
    oh yeah, that's right, my bad although technically the roof was kicked out...
    2013 WRX SWP

Yeah the other day I went to open the driver's side door and it just came off the hinges and fell on the floor...I was dissapointed.
    1986 Porsche 944 Gone
    2004 Dodge Srt-4 Gone
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR
    So let me get this straight...we Park in Driveways , Drive on Parkways , and pay tolls on Freeways?!

Yeah the other day I went to open the driver's side door and it just came off the hinges and fell on the floor...I was dissapointed.
    Should have kept the SRT-4
    2013 WRX SWP

I better check on mine when I get home tonight!

Even though it's garaged for the winter, and been absolutely trouble free up until this point, it sounds like there's a good chance it might have spontaneously combusted without me knowing it!!!
    "The way a press launch for a new car works is, a car manufacturer flies a group of automotive journalists to a nice location, pays their expenses, wines and dines them for several days, and lets them drive the new car all over the place. Then they go home and write objective stories."

- Dave Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Juice33 View Post
    Honestly, no. But you have to admit an Evo does not have "insane low end torque." It barely has any torque in the low end. It is the truth. I really like my Evo a hell of a lot, but it is definately not as stong in the torque department in the lower range as even the STi.

But if you do want serious low end torque the Cobra and the L would be good examples of it.
    True there's not a whole lot of low end tq on the Evo, but it's mid and high end is amazing. Definatly put you back in your seat at anything over 3.5k. Idk, I just would rather have a light car with decient tq and hp, than a tq monster that pretty much a small boat. lol scarsam

C J
    Since I am fairly uneducated on how fast Evo 9's get once modded....what would the end result be at the end of the 1/4 mile if both drivers are equal in THIS particular race?

Quote Originally Posted by C J View Post
    Since I am fairly uneducated on how fast Evo 9's get once modded....what would the end result be at the end of the 1/4 mile if both drivers are equal in THIS particular race?
    depends what bolt on the evo's have. A kick ass driver with < 1K in mods can put an IX in the 11's.

C J
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    depends what bolt on the evo's have. A kick ass driver with < 1K in mods can put an IX in the 11's.
    Ok ya I didn't clarify very well haha, I was curious about if the drivers were equal in the race posted by the original poster of this thread on page 1. Where the evo is lightly modded with exhaust and such and the STi is stock, how much will the STI lose by and what would the average EVO with those mods run in the 1/4 and what kind of trap speed are we talking?

Quote Originally Posted by C J View Post
    Ok ya I didn't clarify very well haha, I was curious about if the drivers were equal in the race posted by the original poster of this thread on page 1. Where the evo is lightly modded with exhaust and such and the STi is stock, how much will the STI lose by and what would the average EVO with those mods run in the 1/4 and what kind of trap speed are we talking?
    Yeah I can't really say, I don't follow the evo forums that closel y. But best case scenario a flash & exhaust IX is a 11 second car.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.