Stock 06 STi v. bolt on Evo IX MR - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Stock 06 STi v. bolt on Evo IX MR within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT Evo IX's are running 12.9 stock. Just wait till Cobb releases the AP for the Evo. ...

Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT View Post
    Evo IX's are running 12.9 stock.

Just wait till Cobb releases the AP for the Evo. byebye MBC's, hello reliable performance!
    I don't see it getting much better than the current offerings of the openecu software.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rr1911 View Post
    i thought the evo 9 had over 300hp... something like 365 or something like that ?
    i heard from alot of people with evolution 9's dyno stock with about 315-325 hp

Quote Originally Posted by rr1911 View Post
    damb thats some good stuff
    thats some suprising stuff right there...

Quote Originally Posted by ultimate_wrx View Post
    WAT!!!! at the crank?
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

Quote Originally Posted by enash99 View Post

WAT!!!! at the crank?
    Prob at the crank... at least i would assume. All i know is like i said this thing embbarased the hell outta me. I dont think you guys can even imagine how fast he pulled HARD! on my and how quickly he shut down, the races only last a matter of seconds each and he pulled on my like it was nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by enash99 View Post
    Not really, at least not to me. None of the Evo VIII ive raced were that quick. Now the IX is another story. Im not saying that i crushed them but with my stock STi ive taken modded Evo VIII's from a roll by small margins. From a stop i completely destroyed them... well so far, but keep in mind that im also very good at launching my car.

Quote Originally Posted by ultimate_wrx View Post

Don't know how true it is, but I read that Shiv estimated the IXs to have around 310 or so at the crank.

Would make sense though when you think about it, as stock STIs are dynoing around, what, 220 - 230 at the wheel, while the Evo IXs are supposed to be testing out around 240 - 250 awhp in stock trim.

So either the drivetrain loss isn't as great for whatever reason, or Mitsubishi underrated the car from the factory.
    "The way a press launch for a new car works is, a car manufacturer flies a group of automotive journalists to a nice location, pays their expenses, wines and dines them for several days, and lets them drive the new car all over the place. Then they go home and write objective stories."

- Dave Barry

check out the new thread i made...its not the evo 9 but it is an Evo 8 with full bolts-ons (keep in mind 9's respond even better to bolt-on's than eights)....for those who dont know what to look for just look in the wrx vs. the world thread GT35R STI vs. Evo 8 STOCK TURBO ....its amazing what bolt on evo's can do
    Graphite Grey Evo 9

-1600 dollars in Mods...

equals 11.86....and only getting lower....

Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT View Post
    Evo IX's are running 12.9 stock.

Just wait till Cobb releases the AP for the Evo. byebye MBC's, hello reliable performance!

I know, I might have to save up and get an Evo IX now. maybe in my dreams, for now I'll get something I can afford to pay insurance on

The King Of the SOuth

EVO 9MR is a DAMn MoTher..cker Bad AZZ machine, 400 awhp on stock turbo , 11,9 in the quarter mile trust me, my friends has one and is extremely fast for a stock turbo (20G out of the factory)

big 16g out of the factory.

Quote Originally Posted by Herknav View Post
    Ah yes, a couple of 18 year olds street racing... excellent! Please don't reproduce before you get this out of your system.
    Yeah, heaven forbid someone go 80MPH on a public road!!!

2013 WRX SWP

the evo IX has all new gearing, insane low end tq...a bigger turbo, MIVEC, new plugs....

easily making 315, 320 HP with stage 2

perhaps subaru is brewing something up that will suprise us all
    **** off with your candy paint jobs and spoilers that are 8x too big , I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by motormike View Post
    insane low end tq...
    :
    HAHAHAHA

No it doesn't. Believe me.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice33 View Post
    HAHAHAHA

No it doesn't. Believe me.

LOL!! can never compare to yr 03 Cobra and SVT lightning.....
    Lancer Evolution V///

439 WHP / 362 TQ TTR 50 Trim on pump @ 23psi.
    11.6 @ 120mph 1.6 60' (11/11/06)

yeah my buddy just picked up an evo 9 mr about 6 months ago and he is running tbe, intake, bov, methanol injection, mbc (25psi), and he put down 356awhp and 401tq

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.