Mazdaspeed 6 vs 06 WRX - Page 9
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

This is a discussion on Mazdaspeed 6 vs 06 WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; You have the best car ever....

You have the best car ever.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    Thanks man

Quote Originally Posted by MazdaSpeed06 View Post
    Ok....The wrx is nice and the MS6 is nice and liek the guy said before i am having buyers remorse....this is a good thread though....

What is the benifit of the AWD systems in subary vs the mazda?
    Yes, both are good cars, both suit certain purposes so leave it at that and stop trying to start crap.

As for the difference in AWD, subaru's AWD is considerably better than Mazda's. The MS6 awd system is not symmetrical and works off of a FWD bias. This means that it runs as a fwd vehicle UNTIL the front wheel lose traction and then the back wheel start working. There is nothing wrong with this system, but it is not as effective or efficient as subarus full time 50/50 symmetrical awd system.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    ...As for the difference in AWD, subaru\\\\\\\'s AWD is considerably better than Mazda\\\\\\\'s. The MS6 awd system is not symmetrical and works off of a FWD bias. This means that it runs as a fwd vehicle UNTIL the front wheel lose traction and then the back wheel start working. There is nothing wrong with this system, but it is not as effective or efficient as subarus full time 50/50 symmetrical awd system.
    But from a roll it own3s j00!

Quote Originally Posted by GraysonSubaru
    the MS6 is ok, but it just feels big when driven and in the twisties...i have never had one even be close in the dragon.
    I agree that the LGT feels like a smaller car, but after driving both and confirming that the MS6 actually handles better, I pulled the trigger on the Mazda, er Ford, er \"Mazord\"... But hey, I was actually shopping for a larger car, so I got what I wanted on both ends.
    *1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD

the MS6 isnt a bad car at all if you want/need more room than the WRX offers. The LGT is a bit bigger than the WRX, but i think the MS6 still have more legroom than the LGT. A plus if you need the room.
    I had a 2005 LGT limited and it was a nice car. traded it for another WRX because I liked the sense of feeling connected to the road more like the WRX does. The LGT seems to float in some corners and I didnt really like that.

If i had to go between the MS6 and LGT, i will still take the LGT, but it is all about what you are looking for in a car, where the budget allows you to play, etc. The WRX is just more of what I want in a car.
    Last edited by GraysonSubaru; 12-03-2006 at 05:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

Quote Originally Posted by MazdaSpeed06 View Post
    What is the benifit of the AWD systems in subary vs the mazda?
    Bring me a subary...

Ni!!
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

Thumbs up

Grayson', I totally understand where you are coming from. My original plan was to go with a STi, because I missed my WRX and wanted one sooo bad (there's even a thread on it ), but I came to my senses (with the help of my wife ) and realized I already had one mod-hungry toy, and that I would be better off with something a bit more... docile as a daily driver.
    PICS & MODS

Quote Originally Posted by wrx wagone View Post
    Bring me a subary...

Ni!!

HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #44
    2006 SGM WRX
    Cobb Stage 2
    APS 3" Catted TBE
    H-Tech Springs
    Eibach 10mm Spacers

Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHPAW View Post
    Grayson', I totally understand where you are coming from. My original plan was to go with a STi, because I missed my WRX and wanted one sooo bad (there's even a thread on it ), but I came to my senses (with the help of my wife ) and realized I already had one mod-hungry toy, and that I would be better off with something a bit more... docile as a daily driver.
    when i bought my LGT in 2005, i originally was going for an STI, but for whatever reason, ended up with the LGT. i didnt keep it that long and sold it to get back into a WRX.

still think about the jump to the STI, but just dont want to pony up the money. i hate the idea of spending $31k + for a car. my wife keeps telling me to just do it and be done with it. i still may but will wait to see what 2008 holds for the new style the decide to either go with a 2008 or find a 2007. i dunno. wife keeps bugging me about doing it though. i imaine i will eventually though.

I like mazda cars (i have owned 2 Mazdas), i just feel that even though the WRX is smaller than the MS6, i get a better driving experience from the subie, like the AWD system, proven reliability, modification accessibility and proven drivenline/turbo mechanics history, among other things.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

Quote Originally Posted by GraysonSubaru View Post
    ...i just feel that even though the WRX is smaller than the MS6, i get a better driving experience from the subie, like the AWD system, proven reliability, modification accessibility and proven drivenline/turbo mechanics history, among other things.
    Oh definitely, without a doubt. The MS6 is a mid size sedan where as the WRX is a sport compact. I have no illusions that the Mazda is more of a driver's car here... I simply chose to consider the LGT and MS6 over the STi because I needed less of a drivers car (I have a little yellow one in the garage that satisfies me when I need it), and more of a family car with some b@lls.
    PICS & MODS

Huh, thats funny... my "family" car is smaller than my "drivers" car...
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

This dude is an idiot. You feeling bad about your purchase and feeling the need to justify it is a damn shame and shows what kind of person you are.

For your wife's sake, I hope you never get married. But I'll do her if she isn't a dog if that gets you to feel like she is a desirable spouse.
    2006 WRX TR

Ni!
    Vag-eye Militia #1
    Military Militia #3

This thread is going to down, and going down fast.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I feel incredibly dumb for reading this whole thread... I can't believe I wasted my time with this...

My car is better than your car... NO... my car is better than yours!! WAAAAA!!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #17!
    2006 Crystal Gray Metallic WRX- Stage 2
    Mods: Invidia Turboback (w/ cat and resonator), Kartboy short-throw shifter, Prodrive Lowering Springs, STi Limited Front Lip, Cusco Rear Swaybar (adj.), Greddy Front/Rear Strut bars, 8k H.I.D.'s, and Cobb AP!