Mazdaspeed 6 vs 06 WRX - Page 8
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

This is a discussion on Mazdaspeed 6 vs 06 WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by MazdaSpeed06 So would an Sti but those are not comparible cars so that was the dumbest thing ...

Quote Originally Posted by MazdaSpeed06 View Post
    So would an Sti but those are not comparible cars so that was the dumbest thing i ever heard...

Thats like saying a GTO will smoke your evo from a roll
    Speaking of dumbest things I've ever heard, all this from a roll talk makes me want to go over to tacobell to see if I can earn some street cred.

YOur cars the best ever, there someone said it. Now please go troll somewhere else.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    Speaking of dumbest things I've ever heard, all this from a roll talk makes me want to go over to tacobell to see if I can earn some street cred.

YOur cars the best ever, there someone said it. Now please go troll somewhere else.
    Im going to buy a wrx next week. Going to trade in the mazda.

awww sorry .. 6 NOT.. a 3.. woopss.. well good news is I KNOW for a fact that there are indeed TONS of Ford parts in there.. I worked a media program for Mazda in the 6's introduction...
    and doesn't the 6 weigh like WELL over 3,000 lbs?? awesome

still not a BAD car... jus a Ford half cousin.. and you know what all that inbreeding can do...

Im going to buy a wrx next week. Going to trade in the mazda.
    you're still going to have a top end turd.

It makes the most power between 2500rpm and 5000rpm. So yea when on the highway it pulls hard with no lag and has 300ftq at 2500rpms. Can your WRX do this, I think not?
    Ahhh, yes it can. The WRX makes the most power at those rpm's as well.

Do a little research before posting crap.
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #44
    2006 SGM WRX
    Cobb Stage 2
    APS 3" Catted TBE
    H-Tech Springs
    Eibach 10mm Spacers

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Eyez_ View Post
    Ahhh, yes it can. The WRX makes the most power at those rpm's as well.

Do a little research before posting crap.

I drove it and no it doesnt. It drags until the turbo spools. Its a dog when its moving and if your rolling at about 5mph and punch it you wont get lower then 6 second 0-60 time. You know its true. Unless launched the car does not move...especially if you driving normal and need to get on it.

I drove it and no it doesnt. It drags until the turbo spools. Its a dog when its moving and if your rolling at about 5mph and punch it you wont get lower then 6 second 0-60 time. You know its true. Unless launched the car does not move...especially if you driving normal and need to get on it.
    Uh newsflash no car if you don't punch it is going to cut under a six second 0-60. If you're rolling at 5mph in 3'rd gear and punch it at 5mph I'll agree it wont respond very well.

But whatever, you're still trying to justify your purchase.

So you have the best car in the world.

Banned
    Uh newsflash no car if you don't punch it is going to cut under a six second 0-60. If you're rolling at 5mph in 3'rd gear and punch it at 5mph I'll agree it wont respond very well.

But whatever, you're still trying to justify your purchase.

So you have the best car in the world.
    Im saying the truth. If i am rolling at 5mph in a WRX and i get on it, shift to second and stay on it...it wont pull those 5.4 sec times. Without a launch the car is a dog. Take a corvette.....good launch or not, you give gas the car moves instantly no lag. EVO and WRX are the same. STI and the MS6 are not, they respond fast to throttle

Im saying the truth. If i am rolling at 5mph in a WRX and i get on it, shift to second and stay on it...it wont pull those 5.4 sec times. Without a launch the car is a dog. Take a corvette.....good launch or not, you give gas the car moves instantly no lag. EVO and WRX are the same. STI and the MS6 are not, they respond fast to throttle

No you're not, you test drove one for a few minutes. Get over it.

No car is going to get a great 60mile time if you're not getting on it hard and if you don't launch it.

Without a launch any car is a dog, without a good driver any car is a dog. That seems to be the larger issue here.

You can continue yammering mindlessly if you'd like in an attempt to make yourself feel better about the car you just bought, but please in doing so don't talk out of your ass. I'm harder on the wrx than just about anyone on this forum and I know what you're saying is completely false.

You have the greatest car in the world, nice score bucko!

No car is going to get a great 60mile time if you're not getting on it hard and if you don't launch it.

agreed.

isnt the whole point of trying to have a good 0-60 time is how well the car accelerates upon 'launch'?

the MS6 is a decent car for the $21k some people are paying for them now. i wouldnt take it over an STI or legacy GT though...and probably would prefer the new WRX to the MS6 despite the lack of options for the same price on the WRX, some because of reliability, some because the better AWD system, and a better track record with a turbo vehicle.

the MS6 is ok, but it just feels big when driven and in the twisties...i have never had one even be close in the dragon.

EDIT:

as for the comments on people thinking you are trying to justify your purchase..maybe having buyer's remorse, i would probably agree there. most people do it though, and not just on cars. People will buy something then after they have purchased it, look around to see if they can find the same thing at a lower price...or a better model, etc.

i did that when i bought my rebel xt...then 2 months later the XTi came out. doh. but i am still happy with the purchase, the price i paid. it is what you make it to be.

you will be happy with the MS6 if you just go enjoy the car, learn more about it on the mazda forums, etc. by posting like you are on this one, you are just going to be frustrated, maybe even a little pissed off, and might even start to regret the purchase. and if you get really hateful on the forum, you will just get banned..so i guess it is up to you on how you want to go about it. you can either be nice in comparing your car to the WRXs, learn more about the subie world (many people on here dont even have a WRX..some have Z's, some MS6's, some stangs, etc). being an owner of a non subaru car doesnt mean you automatically need to be trying to say how much better your car is and that the subaru is inferior in so many ways. you might think my wrx is inferior, but get on the road course, in the twisties, and it will be ugly. the ms6 is not a bad purchase, just one that most of us here did not choose to make. enjoy the car and try not to talk down to subie (or other makes) owners and it will make your life a lot less stressful and enjoyable. getting banned probably sucks for most people.

<<steps off of my small soapbox>>
    Last edited by GraysonSubaru; 12-03-2006 at 09:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

yeah but from a roll at 5mph in 3rd gear I could so walk you.

yeah but from a roll at 5mph in 3rd gear I could so walk you.
    PSM Bugeye..Cobb Stage 2

That's because this site has a large handfull of dumbasses that are nothing more than clueless jdm fanboys and the last domestic car they were in was the one their parents drove right before they bought them a new subaru for being on the honor roll or graduating highschool.

OMG JDM

Quick say GTR while I touch myself.

LOUDER AND FASTAR.
    And here I thought it was just me that thought this... there is a LOT of ignorance running around here it seems...
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

I <3 this thread.
    Last edited by cavallino333; 12-03-2006 at 11:44 AM.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Banned
    Ok....The wrx is nice and the MS6 is nice and liek the guy said before i am having buyers remorse....this is a good thread though....

What is the benifit of the AWD systems in subary vs the mazda?