Mazdaspeed 6 vs 06 WRX - Page 7
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

This is a discussion on Mazdaspeed 6 vs 06 WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 06grayrex Toyota now owns a decent amount of stock of Subaru. what ? when did this happen ...

Quote Originally Posted by 06grayrex View Post
    Toyota now owns a decent amount of stock of Subaru.
    what ? when did this happen ?
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Last year when GM was really in trouble they sold all their stock/shares of Subaru. Then about 6-8 months ago (If I remember correctly) Toyota bought all or most of those shares.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #666
    Stage 2

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by vypr2002 View Post
    So refreshing in fact, I need a drink.
    I like this thread it's fun
    AHAHA, i was starting to think the same....

PS. this is to the other guy... The history lesson was good, did you learn that in one of your managemnet classes when getting your undergrad business degreee?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tayhadar1 View Post
    One thing you have to remember is stock wrx's that are not broken in yet don't make power at all. Well at least mine didn't but when all is broken in they run much harder. And turbo lag I really don't notice any in my car, turbo kicks in fast since it is so small. I like MS6's for sure but I would really like to see you walk my stock wrx on the freeway.

Without a doubt...5th gear ill pull on you and you will not catch up...

ps. 6th gear pulls hard as hell to.

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MazdaSpeed06 View Post

PS. this is to the other guy... The history lesson was good, did you learn that in one of your managemnet classes when getting your undergrad business degreee?

Um, ... No, I did research on the internet, why?
    *1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    I don't know about that... It is not like Toyota doesn't know how to make torque.

The IS350 has very potent lowend torque, as does the larger V8 LS varients. Not to mention the new camry make 250tq and peaks at 4,700rpm... which is not too bad. Plus, I doubt Toyota will play a large enough roll in Subaru's decisions to negatively persuade the torque numbers of the STi.
    Great, it's got a broad torque curve and still a turd. Lexus makes great cars as does toyota, but they'd be the last place I would look at for a sporty car. HOpefully they don't ruin the STi.

Without a doubt...5th gear ill pull on you and you will not catch up...

ps. 6th gear pulls hard as hell to.

What turbo is it that the 6 comes with?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    Great, it's got a broad torque curve and still a turd. Lexus makes great cars as does toyota, but they'd be the last place I would look at for a sporty car. HOpefully they don't ruin the STi.

What turbo is it that the 6 comes with?

Hitachi Warner K04
    15.6 psi ( small turbo)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHPAW View Post
    Um, ... No, I did research on the internet, why?
    was curious

Do you like the Speed 6 compared to your wrx when you had it?

Hitachi Warner K04
    15.6 psi ( small turbo)
    small turbo that pulls hard on the top end?
    interesting.

I saw a bunch of posts awhile ago, when the MS6 1st came out, by an MS6owner, on a Mazda board and a bunch of parts were actually stamped with "FOMOCO" . He removed some parts, uprights and such, trying to find more ailgnment adjustments. So much for no Ford parts... meehh..I'm sure someone really interested could find said posts...Me=too lazy

Pretty much any of those Ford partially owned companies, Aston, Mazda etc.. WILL have some actual Ford parts.. Does that mean the car is a POS??.. I don't really think so.. I actually think the MS6 is a great FWD.... FWD car.. which living mostly in the NE would jus be a hassle for me.. so I wouldn't own one.. Now.. if I lived in a no snow zone, AND didn't wanna mod my car, I'd seriously think bout the MS6..

Like so many things in life, cars are a matter of taste. Like, if I wanted a ripper of a muscle car, unike SOUTHPAW, I'd be gettin a Viper and twinturboin that to 1,000+ HP... I jus think muscecars shoud be hot and cramped inside..

Jus be glad that we all live in a wonderful time with tons of great cars to choose from... I'm even happier i get to make my living being invovled with all these wickedly fun autos..

Quote Originally Posted by LRPct View Post
    I actually think the MS6 is a great FWD....
    MS6 is AWD bro...
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #44
    2006 SGM WRX
    Cobb Stage 2
    APS 3" Catted TBE
    H-Tech Springs
    Eibach 10mm Spacers

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LRPct View Post
    I saw a bunch of posts awhile ago, when the MS6 1st came out, by an MS6owner, on a Mazda board and a bunch of parts were actually stamped with "FOMOCO" . He removed some parts, uprights and such, trying to find more ailgnment adjustments. So much for no Ford parts... meehh..I'm sure someone really interested could find said posts...Me=too lazy

Pretty much any of those Ford partially owned companies, Aston, Mazda etc.. WILL have some actual Ford parts.. Does that mean the car is a POS??.. I don't really think so.. I actually think the MS6 is a great FWD.... FWD car.. which living mostly in the NE would jus be a hassle for me.. so I wouldn't own one.. Now.. if I lived in a no snow zone, AND didn't wanna mod my car, I'd seriously think bout the MS6..

Like so many things in life, cars are a matter of taste. Like, if I wanted a ripper of a muscle car, unike SOUTHPAW, I'd be gettin a Viper and twinturboin that to 1,000+ HP... I jus think muscecars shoud be hot and cramped inside..

Jus be glad that we all live in a wonderful time with tons of great cars to choose from... I'm even happier i get to make my living being invovled with all these wickedly fun autos..

Its AWD not FWD.

Banned
    small turbo that pulls hard on the top end?
    interesting.

It makes the most power between 2500rpm and 5000rpm. So yea when on the highway it pulls hard with no lag and has 300ftq at 2500rpms. Can your WRX do this, I think not?

It makes the most power between 2500rpm and 5000rpm. So yea when on the highway it pulls hard with no lag and has 300ftq at 2500rpms. Can your WRX do this, I think not?
    great have fun from a rolling. My evo would kick your turd in the nuts at 10 psi though.

Banned
    great have fun from a rolling. My evo would kick your turd in the nuts at 10 psi though.
    So would an Sti but those are not comparible cars so that was the dumbest thing i ever heard...

Thats like saying a GTO will smoke your evo from a roll