Mazdaspeed 6 vs 06 WRX - Page 6
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

This is a discussion on Mazdaspeed 6 vs 06 WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just to clarify things for those who don't understand international business and how things work... Ford owned 25% of the ...

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar

Exclamation

Just to clarify things for those who don't understand international business and how things work...

Ford owned 25% of the Mazda Motor Corp. since the 1970s. 10 years ago, Ford acquired another 8.4%, making a total of 33.4%. Since Mazda isn't a US Corporation, it does not trade on the NYSE; it trades on the Tokyo Stock Exchange. The effect of Ford's acquisition of Mazda shares allowed Ford the ability to elect a couple of directors they wanted in place on Mazda's board of directors. The Mazda Corporation still operates as it did prior to 1996, the only difference is now Mazda and Ford have a joint venture, and as such they share designs and other manufacturing elements. Almost all of Mazda's top executives are appointed there by Ford. In fact, since Ford took their controlling interest, it was led by numerous Ford executives until 2003 when Ford appointed Imaki as President; the first Japanese head of Mazda in almost 10 years. So to all the fanboys that whack it to the amazing RX7 (FD fo' life!), IT'S A "FORD".

Basically Mazda needed a bridge to come over to the states and establish itself, so they used Ford as that bridge ...and in turn they share dirty little secrets with each other. There's no harm in that... only benefit.

The Ford/Mazda 2.3L engine won awards as one of the BEST engines in production. Does the fact that Ford plays a small part in that change anything?

I hope the little history lesson was refreshing.
    *1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

So refreshing in fact, I need a drink.
    I like this thread it's fun
    WRB 06 TR wrx wing, wrx foglights, Invidia catted downpipe, AP,
    Stage 2 map, SPT catback, STi oem springs, Katrboy shortshifter
    lots of audio gear too.

Quote Originally Posted by vypr2002 View Post
    I like this thread it's fun
    And educational!
    PICS & MODS

dosent ford also own some of range rover,jaguar, volvo and some other stuff too ?
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Quote Originally Posted by rr1911 View Post
    dosent ford also own some of range rover,jaguar, volvo and some other stuff too ?
    www.ford.com

Ford, Lincon, Mercury, Mazda, Volvo, Jaguar, Land Rover, Aston Martin.
    PICS & MODS

Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHPAW View Post
    www.ford.com

Ford, Lincon, Mercury, Mazda, Volvo, Jaguar, Land Rover, Aston Martin.
    noooooooooo... they got aston martin too
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    POST WH0RE KING

Is it just me or does it seem like alot of threads lately turn into bashing american cars and having a circle jerk around japanese cars?
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    Is it just me or does it seem like alot of threads lately turn into bashing american cars and having a circle jerk around japanese cars?
    That's because this site has a large handfull of dumbasses that are nothing more than clueless jdm fanboys and the last domestic car they were in was the one their parents drove right before they bought them a new subaru for being on the honor roll or graduating highschool.

OMG JDM

Quick say GTR while I touch myself.

LOUDER AND FASTAR.

gtr
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    POST WH0RE KING

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    That's because this site has a large handfull of dumbasses that are nothing more than clueless jdm fanboys and the last domestic car they were in was the one their parents drove right before they bought them a new subaru for being on the honor roll or graduating highschool.

OMG JDM

Quick say GTR while I touch myself.

LOUDER AND FASTAR.

Quote Originally Posted by rr1911 View Post
    gtr

FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Quote Originally Posted by MazdaSpeed06 View Post
    I have driven a stock 06 wrx and it does not produce power under normal driving. The MS6 does. As soon as you hit the gas, the MS6 spools and is gone. The wrx takes a long time and for normal driving it does not eccelerate fast. Also on the Highway, the MS6 will walk it for sure. I get boost in 5th gear and go form 80-105ish noticably fast.
    One thing you have to remember is stock wrx's that are not broken in yet don't make power at all. Well at least mine didn't but when all is broken in they run much harder. And turbo lag I really don't notice any in my car, turbo kicks in fast since it is so small. I like MS6's for sure but I would really like to see you walk my stock wrx on the freeway.
    2004 WRX Sti Cobb Stage 2
    GO COUGS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    yep, you just have to sacrifice something. Look forward to the STi not producing any torque or power in 08.
    I don't know about that... It is not like Toyota doesn't know how to make torque.

The IS350 has very potent lowend torque, as does the larger V8 LS varients. Not to mention the new camry make 250tq and peaks at 4,700rpm... which is not too bad. Plus, I doubt Toyota will play a large enough roll in Subaru's decisions to negatively persuade the torque numbers of the STi.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    hey i have nothing againts american cars.... but to be honest the only american cars i would ever get would be an older muscel car, c6,viper,and yea thats about it... wait cant forget a camaro and im looking for one now. anyone have one for sale ?
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    POST WH0RE KING

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    I don't know about that... It is not like Toyota doesn't know how to make torque.

The IS350 has very potent lowend torque, as does the larger V8 LS varients. Not to mention the new camry make 250tq and peaks at 4,700rpm... which is not too bad. Plus, I doubt Toyota will play a large enough roll in Subaru's decisions to negatively persuade the torque numbers of the STi.
    please explain the whole toyota, subaru relationship to me please
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    POST WH0RE KING

Toyota now owns a decent amount of stock of Subaru.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #666
    Stage 2

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.