Mazdaspeed 6 vs 06 WRX - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 193

This is a discussion on Mazdaspeed 6 vs 06 WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I own a Mazdaspeed6......

  1. #31
    Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    3,814
    I own a Mazdaspeed6...
    *1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

    *2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #32
    Administrator Trainrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    26,592
    I Support ClubWRX
    :d

  4. #33
    GraysonSubaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    4,686
    Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHPAW View Post
    I own a Mazdaspeed6...
    nice old WRX. did you have a lot of lag with the 18g?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

  5. #34
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by MazdaSpeed06 View Post
    No theres no recall....i have to agree with you the CLUTCH pedal stock is such crap....but i adjusted it and now its perfect. Mazda put it higher then teh break and its a race clutch where there is a quick engagemtny, so you cant feather it. It takes getting used to
    I said "there could be". Hmmmm.....if you had any turbo power issue....there was a recall for that. Lack of power.
    04 wrx white with one blue door.
    cobb stg 2 and more to love

  6. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by subyguy View Post
    I said "there could be". Hmmmm.....if you had any turbo power issue....there was a recall for that. Lack of power.

    I had it 1 time but i am not getting the reflash because i hear it screws up the car. Its running fine now though.

  7. #36
    Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    3,814
    Quote Originally Posted by MazdaSpeed06 View Post
    I had it 1 time but i am not getting the reflash because i hear it screws up the car. Its running fine now though.
    Please explain how the reflash screws up the car...? I have not gotten it yet and would like to know more...


    nice old WRX. did you have a lot of lag with the 18g?
    It was marginal IMO, and not too bad, but more than the twin 30R's on my 6.0...
    *1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

    *2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning

  8. #37
    GraysonSubaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    4,686
    Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHPAW View Post
    It was marginal IMO, and not too bad, but more than the twin 30R's on my 6.0...
    better to go with less power of the 16g in your opinion? or no regrets with the 18g?

    EDIT sorry for the mini hijack
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

  9. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHPAW View Post
    Please explain how the reflash screws up the car...? I have not gotten it yet and would like to know more...




    It was marginal IMO, and not too bad, but more than the twin 30R's on my 6.0...

    What happens is since the MS6 engine is direct injected it needs 93+ octane at all times. If the engine senses knock ( weather its there or no is the problem) it limits throttle by 33%.

    The reflash limits the recycle time on the sensor and the car no longer gets power loss. What happens though is the power curve is moved up and the car starts to spool at 3,300rpm instead of 2,500 rpm and loses a lot of the high end power. When you are driving in 4rth gear, you will no longer be able to accelerate as fast with the reflash. So this is the reason i didnt get it or want it

  10. #39
    Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    3,814
    Quote Originally Posted by GraysonSubaru View Post
    better to go with less power of the 16g in your opinion? or no regrets with the 18g?

    EDIT sorry for the mini hijack
    I loved the top end of the 18g... the only "regret" I had was not realizing that I would need to beef up the motor/tranny to use it's full potential (I did the 18g stage 4 early on when most people who did upgraded turbos had either a vf34 or vf22 tops).


    Quote Originally Posted by MazdaSpeed06
    What happens is since the MS6 engine is direct injected it needs 93+ octane at all times. If the engine senses knock ( weather its there or no is the problem) it limits throttle by 33%.

    The reflash limits the recycle time on the sensor and the car no longer gets power loss. What happens though is the power curve is moved up and the car starts to spool at 3,300rpm instead of 2,500 rpm and loses a lot of the high end power. When you are driving in 4rth gear, you will no longer be able to accelerate as fast with the reflash. So this is the reason i didnt get it or want it
    Good to know. I guess I won't be getting the reflash then... I can't wait for the AccessPort to come out!!!
    *1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

    *2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning

  11. #40
    Registered User John M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Milledgeville, GA
    Posts
    749
    Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX View Post
    Agreed. I would seriously consider the 3 or 6 for my next car purchase.
    You would right up until you drove a Legacy GT and considered all the easy mods just waiting for you. Then you'd come to you senses and stick w/ Subaru

    MS6's have issues with knock because of their crap intercooler setup. The reflash may make it ignore the knock sensor more but it doesn't mean the engine isn't still knocking. It's like having your IC in the trunk with a dryer hose connecting it to the front bumper -- it's horrible airflow.

    They did all that "engineering" to keep from having a hood scoop, yet they forgot that no turbo car from the 90s had a scoop either. It's called a side mount intercooler. Then they could have their appearance and power too.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

  12. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by John M View Post
    You would right up until you drove a Legacy GT and considered all the easy mods just waiting for you. Then you'd come to you senses and stick w/ Subaru

    MS6's have issues with knock because of their crap intercooler setup. The reflash may make it ignore the knock sensor more but it doesn't mean the engine isn't still knocking. It's like having your IC in the trunk with a dryer hose connecting it to the front bumper -- it's horrible airflow.

    They did all that "engineering" to keep from having a hood scoop, yet they forgot that no turbo car from the 90s had a scoop either. It's called a side mount intercooler. Then they could have their appearance and power too.
    Im sure they will make a hood with a hood scoop for this car. I will be the first to buy it. I personally like hood scoops

  13. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHPAW View Post
    I loved the top end of the 18g... the only "regret" I had was not realizing that I would need to beef up the motor/tranny to use it's full potential (I did the 18g stage 4 early on when most people who did upgraded turbos had either a vf34 or vf22 tops).




    Good to know. I guess I won't be getting the reflash then... I can't wait for the AccessPort to come out!!!
    Whats an accessport? I have no idea about turbo cars or how to mod them without breaking them.
    I kinda wanted the WRX, but everytime i drive those things it seems like unless your on it its not moving. But I like the way they look.

  14. #43
    Registered User vypr2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    211
    Quote Originally Posted by MazdaSpeed06 View Post
    Whats an accessport? I have no idea about turbo cars or how to mod them without breaking them.
    I kinda wanted the WRX, but everytime i drive those things it seems like unless your on it its not moving. But I like the way they look.
    AP is a handheld ecu reflash that you can put off the shelf or custom maps on your ecu. also lets you change realtime maps on the fly.

    for 1600 bucks(or less) you could have stage 2 wrx and I guarantee you wont feel sitting still.
    I like the ms6 but like has been said before too big for my tastes.
    also the stg2 wrx walks the stock ms6. I did it yesterday from a dig.
    subaru FTW
    WRB 06 TR wrx wing, wrx foglights, Invidia catted downpipe, AP,
    Stage 2 map, SPT catback, STi oem springs, Katrboy shortshifter
    lots of audio gear too.

  15. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by vypr2002 View Post
    AP is a handheld ecu reflash that you can put off the shelf or custom maps on your ecu. also lets you change realtime maps on the fly.

    for 1600 bucks(or less) you could have stage 2 wrx and I guarantee you wont feel sitting still.
    I like the ms6 but like has been said before too big for my tastes.
    also the stg2 wrx walks the stock ms6. I did it yesterday from a dig.
    subaru FTW


    I have driven a stock 06 wrx and it does not produce power under normal driving. The MS6 does. As soon as you hit the gas, the MS6 spools and is gone. The wrx takes a long time and for normal driving it does not eccelerate fast. Also on the Highway, the MS6 will walk it for sure. I get boost in 5th gear and go form 80-105ish noticably fast.

  16. #45
    Registered User cavallino333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Campbell CA
    Posts
    11,850
    Why'd you make this thread when you already seem pretty convinced the MS6 is faster?
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •