Mazdaspeed 6 vs 06 WRX - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 193

This is a discussion on Mazdaspeed 6 vs 06 WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by MazdaSpeed06 Yea like 500lbs or somthing...but the speed 3 is detuned and FWD so its still slower. ...

  1. #16
    Moderator   Sasquatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Southeastern PA
    Posts
    31,190
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MazdaSpeed06 View Post
    Yea like 500lbs or somthing...but the speed 3 is detuned and FWD so its still slower.

    Mazda underrated the MS6 so it doesnt seem like its faster then their "sports car rx8"

    Kinda dumb if you ask me
    Detuned? Not by much according to Car and Driver:

    MS6 = Power (SAE net): 274 bhp @ 5500 rpm
    Torque (SAE net): 280 lb-ft @ 3000 rpm

    MS3 = Power (SAE net): 263 bhp @ 5500 rpm
    Torque (SAE net): 280 lb-ft @ 3000 rpm

    http://www.caranddriver.com/roadtest...ecs-page4.html

    http://www.caranddriver.com/previews...d-6-page2.html

    420 pounds is a substantial differnce. Lighter is always better.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    Moderator   Sasquatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Southeastern PA
    Posts
    31,190
    I Support ClubWRX
    I forgot to mention ... Welcome to the club!

    Subaru, Mazda, Nissan, Honda, Ford, etc ... all are welcome.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

  4. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX View Post
    Detuned? Not by much according to Car and Driver:

    MS6 = Power (SAE net): 274 bhp @ 5500 rpm
    Torque (SAE net): 280 lb-ft @ 3000 rpm

    MS3 = Power (SAE net): 263 bhp @ 5500 rpm
    Torque (SAE net): 280 lb-ft @ 3000 rpm

    http://www.caranddriver.com/roadtest...ecs-page4.html

    http://www.caranddriver.com/previews...d-6-page2.html

    420 pounds is a substantial differnce. Lighter is always better.

    Oh yea for sure lighter is better. Its the same engine, but mazda just resticted it more because its FWD. I think from a roll it should be close or the MS3 will go a little faster. HWY the MS6 for sure...this car is a beast on the highway. Half throttle and it goes from 80-105 lets say extremely fast ( kinda wierd actaully) maybe because im not used to it after having an rsx s.

    I really was torn between a wrx and MS6 and just went with the MS6 because it pickd up speed instantly and under normal driving the WRX seemed to not move ( unless in the power range)

  5. #19
    Registered User wrx wagone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Phillytown, PA
    Posts
    10,774
    Meh. Drivers race. I still wouldn't want to drive a big sedan.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

  6. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by MazdaSpeed06 View Post
    Oh yea for sure lighter is better. Its the same engine, but mazda just resticted it more because its FWD. I think from a roll it should be close or the MS3 will go a little faster. HWY the MS6 for sure...this car is a beast on the highway. Half throttle and it goes from 80-105 lets say extremely fast ( kinda wierd actaully) maybe because im not used to it after having an rsx s.

    I really was torn between a wrx and MS6 and just went with the MS6 because it pickd up speed instantly and under normal driving the WRX seemed to not move ( unless in the power range)

    PS. the MS6 also has a higher compression ratio

  7. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx wagone View Post
    Meh. Drivers race. I still wouldn't want to drive a big sedan.
    A wrx is a seden so that was a useless post

  8. #22
    Registered User Blue_Eyez_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    197
    Quote Originally Posted by MazdaSpeed06 View Post
    im just saying the MS6 is a faster car
    I really like the MS6 but I think you are overstepping a bit to say it is a faster car. I havent raced one, but the MS6 is 400lbs heavier with only about 20-30 more hp? Definitely a drivers race.
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #44
    2006 SGM WRX
    Cobb Stage 2
    APS 3" Catted TBE
    H-Tech Springs
    Eibach 10mm Spacers

  9. #23
    Registered User Bboy AJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    487
    Quote Originally Posted by MazdaSpeed06 View Post
    A wrx is a seden so that was a useless post
    It's a big ass sedan compared to the WRX.

    I went with the WRX because the MS6 is a decent car, but nothing special. It's heavy and it feels like it. I don't want a 3600 lb car.

    Finally, stop trying to defend your choice. You bought it, be happy with it.
    2006 WRX TR

  10. #24
    Registered User wrx wagone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Phillytown, PA
    Posts
    10,774
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx wagone View Post
    Meh. Drivers race. I still wouldn't want to drive a big sedan.
    Quote Originally Posted by MazdaSpeed06 View Post
    A wrx is a seden so that was a useless post
    Let me say it again, BIG sedan. I could absolutely care less if the MS6 is 2 gnat's asses quicker in the quarter, when I'm out on the AutoX course or even carving back roads. I wouldn't want to pilot that pig around the course.

    The WRX is a drivers car. I'm happy for you that you like your car.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

  11. #25
    Registered User wrx wagone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Phillytown, PA
    Posts
    10,774
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Eyez_ View Post
    I really like the MS6 but I think you are overstepping a bit to say it is a faster car. I havent raced one, but the MS6 is 400lbs heavier with only about 20-30 more hp? Definitely a drivers race.
    Oh yeah, +1.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

  12. #26
    Registered User DTR rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chi-town, IL
    Posts
    27,076
    Both cars are pretty similarly matched. The MS6 is "slightly" quicker but the difference is so minimal that just about every race would be a drivers race from a dig.

    No offense, but it kinda seems like you came here to brag about your car and pick a fight of wrx vs. ms6. Many people here respect the MS6 and a couple of them own one. It is a nice car, as is the wrx.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

  13. #27
    Moderator   Sasquatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Southeastern PA
    Posts
    31,190
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Eyez_ View Post
    I really like the MS6 but I think you are overstepping a bit to say it is a faster car. I havent raced one, but the MS6 is 400lbs heavier with only about 20-30 more hp? Definitely a drivers race.
    20 - 30? More like 11.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

  14. #28
    Moderator   Sasquatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Southeastern PA
    Posts
    31,190
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    Both cars are pretty similarly matched. The MS6 is "slightly" quicker but the difference is so minimal that just about every race would be a drivers race from a dig.

    No offense, but it kinda seems like you came here to brag about your car and pick a fight of wrx vs. ms6. Many people here respect the MS6 and a couple of them own one. It is a nice car, as is the wrx.
    Agreed. I would seriously consider the 3 or 6 for my next car purchase.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

  15. #29
    GraysonSubaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    4,686
    Subaru reliability FTW!!

    even though WRX resale isnt great, being that you can get a new MS6 for $7k off of sticker kinda hurts the market on the MS6.

    how are the mods coming along for the MS6? I had not really heard much lately on the mods available, but I wouldnt think they are that inexpensive per hp, and i would start to question reliability with mods.

    i dont dislike mazda at all. I had a miata and a protege 5 that i loved and never had one problem in 65k on each. i
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

  16. #30
    GraysonSubaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    4,686
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx wagone View Post
    Let me say it again, BIG sedan. I could absolutely care less if the MS6 is 2 gnat's asses quicker in the quarter, when I'm out on the AutoX course or even carving back roads. I wouldn't want to pilot that pig around the course.

    The WRX is a drivers car. I'm happy for you that you like your car.
    agreed....

    i have had a couple try to run at the dragon...they dont do so well.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •