G.I 2002 wrx vs 89 240sx sr20det
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on G.I 2002 wrx vs 89 240sx sr20det within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Alrite so the story goes my friend has a 240, and he blew his engine and just got a sr20det ...

G.I 2002 wrx vs 89 240sx sr20det

Alrite so the story goes my friend has a 240, and he blew his engine and just got a sr20det swap and he is running 7psi.

Now the question is, striaght line race who would win?

i have a feeling i would win, as he now has the smaller engine(2.0L from a 2.4) and doesnt have that pull as he use to have. we havent had the chance to race yet becuase he did something to his fuel lines and had to replace them when we tried, and his u joint bracket mount fell off at the same time.

so now its almost all fixed, so who do oyu think would win?

my car is 2002 wrx completly stock
    red '02 wrx

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Going from a 2.4L to a 2.0L means relatively nothing here. The SR20 motors still make great torque and because he is boosted, that lost displacement is meaningless in reguard to his power.

Obviously if you go from a stop you have the best chance. From a roll, he will destroy you, don't even try. From a dig though, if he is running nothing else other than fuel supports and the motor you could take him with a good launch.
    However, it is likely he is running a full exhaust and such with that motor, in which case he will take you if he can drive.

This scenario has too many variables, just race and find out. I predict you getting owned though.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    Going from a 2.4L to a 2.0L means relatively nothing here. The SR20 motors still make great torque and because he is boosted, that lost displacement is meaningless in reguard to his power.

Obviously if you go from a stop you have the best chance. From a roll, he will destroy you, don't even try. From a dig though, if he is running nothing else other than fuel supports and the motor you could take him with a good launch.
    However, it is likely he is running a full exhaust and such with that motor, in which case he will take you if he can drive.

This scenario has too many variables, just race and find out. I predict you getting owned though.
    +1 Maybe a drivers race
    Vag-eye Militia #1
    Military Militia #3

Quote Originally Posted by WRXED06 View Post
    +1 Maybe a drivers race
    from the dig only, from the roll i think the 02 would just be a chase car. Grab a vid cam lets see.
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

When I raced my friend's sr20det s13 from a dig, I held him off until 80 with him just at my rear bumper. From there, we slowed down due to lights, but there's no doubt he would've gradually pulled and eventually pass me.

From a roll,....

EDIT: should've stated that I drive a stocker. MY05 WRX
    Last edited by Hydra; 12-02-2006 at 01:44 AM.

so what was the results? who won?
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.