07 WRX or 06 Si?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on 07 WRX or 06 Si? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; people in another forum that i visit are trying to sway me from a WRX, and my second choice of ...

07 WRX or 06 Si?

people in another forum that i visit are trying to sway me from a WRX, and my second choice of a next car is the civic Si. what do you guys think (i know that it will be a little bit bias, but still wont your opinions). they are mostly saying that i live in So Cal so AWD isnt a really big deal, and that it wont be THAT much faster than my focus.
    i plan on test driving the Si and WRX to form my own opinion. but i have a feeling that i will fall partial to the one i drive first, lol
    sp any help please
    current savings toward my subbie!!
    $400

GOAL:$3k

http://qwerty.youaremighty.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Between the Si and WRX, I'd go with the WRX.

WHYs

WRX = AWD is great for snow Si = FWD would be a hellish attempt for snow
    WRX = Forced induction Si = High Revving Inline 4 great for whining.
    WRX = Great Sites with a lot of information Si = A lot of Honda Lemmings(my honduh can smoke any car)
    WRX = 4 doors, normally slightly more room than coupes Si = 2 Doors

yeah but as i sad im not going to be in the snow a whole lot, i live at the base of the mountain and it doesnt snow at all where i live. but i snowboard a lot, so ill be driving where there is snow maybe every other weekend.. and from anything but a dig, i think that they would be pretty close stock for stock.
    thanks for your input and response!!
    $400

You don't have $400 saved towards your Si, so I would say you have already made up your mind. Don't let somebody else tell you how to spend your money.
    Vag-eye Militia #1
    Military Militia #3

Yeah, i say stick with your original plan..

If you are looking for speed..there are cheaper possibilities with the WRX as opposed to the Si because of forced induction..mentioned above. All about the tuning.

You will not be disappointed by a wrx
    2004 WRX Sti Cobb Stage 2
    GO COUGS!!!

the only reasons that honda have came up with for me to go si are gas mileage and reliability. my biggest concern ATM, and what might be the deciding factor of what i get is insurance.. but then again, si is a sport coupe, wrx is a turbo sedan. so i think that it might be close.. gah!! ill have a better idea tomarrow once i get insurance quotes.. thanks for all the support
    this is deffinetly a better community than the civic forum
    $400

either

Idk, either would be cool. The Si doesn't have as many aftermarket parts yet considering it is fairly new but the WRX has more just because the engine has been the same for a few years. I'm a big honda fan myself but I do like AWD. If only honda would make an AWD Si. Now that would be insane. Oh wells. Either way you'll have a car that is fun to drive.

I Support ClubWRX
    I think the question you have to ask yourself is what do you plan to do with the car? Both cars SHOULD run up to atleast 100k miles without any headaches if you take care of them. The Subaru's tranny will not take a ton of abuse like power shifting, launching, or dropping the clutch.

If you plan on modding it in the slightest I'd say go with the wrx. You will NEVER see the kind of gains from the SI as you will the wrx dollar for dollar. Show me a SI with 300 lbs of torque at 3500 rpms for 2k in mods and I'll buy a geo.

If it's just a daily driver, then you cant go wrong with either.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

both cars have huge aftermarket potential.

the Si is quick, but you gotta rev, rev, rev, that engine. the WRX starts making good power @2500rpm, while the Si is still snoring.

the AWD is a plus, but you will never need it, and the WRX comes with some pretty crappy tires. the Si's tires stick like glue, and like i said, you don't see much inclement weather.

the Si has a much slicker tranny, quicker steering, and a tighter suspension. with the aforementioned better tires, it makes a better auto-x car straight out of the box.

the Si will definitely be cheaper to insure, and probably much better on gas.

they both make good daily drivers.

the WRX has better acceleration but i think in the top end the Si will catch up.

if you didn't live in such a sunny area, i'd recommend a WRX, but it seems like the Si is for you.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

They arent even in the same class. Get the WRX. its faster, carries more people comfortably, and is just as reliable.

If you ever want to go skiing/snowboarding at Mammoth you're gonna want AWD if the roads arent well paved. Plus you'll appreciate it in the rain.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

The Si and the WRX are both great cars, but in 2 different senses, the Si is a quick afforable car, it looks nice and should be very reliable. The WRX on the other hand will EASILY outpower the Si with just a turboback and AP, which can really be had for less then $1k if you go used. The WRX will also be really reliable and IMHO if you can afford it, the WRX is a no brainer.

I'm sure you will enjoy whatever you get though

Lee
    94 Anthracite 6spd Supra - 9.87@147

LS2 RX7-2014 Tundra DC-GD Race Car In Progress

Quote Originally Posted by LegacyMyth View Post
    Idk, either would be cool. The Si doesn't have as many aftermarket parts yet considering it is fairly new but the WRX has more just because the engine has been the same for a few years. I'm a big honda fan myself but I do like AWD. If only honda would make an AWD Si. Now that would be insane. Oh wells. Either way you'll have a car that is fun to drive.

HAHA! If honda made an AWD Si... with all the drivetrain loss that awd cars have... it wouldn't make ANY TORQUE!!! HAAAAA!! JK!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #17!
    2006 Crystal Gray Metallic WRX- Stage 2
    Mods: Invidia Turboback (w/ cat and resonator), Kartboy short-throw shifter, Prodrive Lowering Springs, STi Limited Front Lip, Cusco Rear Swaybar (adj.), Greddy Front/Rear Strut bars, 8k H.I.D.'s, and Cobb AP!

Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT View Post
    They arent even in the same class. Get the WRX. its faster, carries more people comfortably, and is just as reliable.

If you ever want to go skiing/snowboarding at Mammoth you're gonna want AWD if the roads arent well paved. Plus you'll appreciate it in the rain.
    +1

I dont know why people keep thinking AWD = snow areas. Knoxville has gotten 0 snow on the ground since I have lived here (5 years) and I love the AWD. the handling is great going powering out of turn as we all know, but the AWD does great things in the rain as well that most people dont look at.

I can drive 30 min and be in the snowy mountains, but i generally dont bother so it isnt that big of a deal to me. It i still lived in Pittsburgh, it might be more of something I look at and only considered a 4wd/AWD vehicle, but now I dont need the AWD, but like the peace of mind knowing that if i get into a slick condition, really loose gravel, maybe even in some sand or mud for some reason, that I will have a better chance of being able to get out with the AWD.

My wife's vehicles always are 4wd. She doesnt ever go offroad, but I like knowing that if she has to pull into a dirt lot, go through a muddy section for some reason (traffic diverted for a wreck, etc), that she can just put it in 4wd and go through it. i feel the same about the AWD of my subie.
    Last edited by GraysonSubaru; 11-27-2006 at 09:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

The only way to really make a decision is to test drive the two, one right after another(ie, go to one dealer, test drive, say thanks, drive right to the next dealership and test drive). On paper, or on online forums, you can't get a real sense of what the car is like or which fits you better.

With that said, I used to own an Si years ago, and currently am on my third WRX, an 06. I have test driven the new 06/07 Civic Si three times in the past couple of months, and I feel it is a really nice car. The handling/chasis of the Civic is simply wonderful. It is very tight, very quick, very responsive - I liked it a ton. It feels a lot lighter than the WRX, which it is. The tranny is nice and smooth, and is a joy to use. The engine is smooth and, of course, rev happy. Around town, I had a great time. After 6,000 rpm there was pretty good power for its size and did feel quick. I did get a little torque steer at one point, which I did not like. On the highway, unless downshifted two gears, there was no passing power - which is a thing for me, as I drive about 25 minutes each way on the highway to work each day. The biggest thing is the amount of torque. Obviously, the Si does not have a lot, and it is noticeable after driving other cars. That is the only area that I did not like about the car, pretty much. The interior is "different" for me, and I can't say that I like it all that much. I really dislike the digital speedo, but the tach is ok, I guess. The seats are great though. All in all, the car is just fun to drive, all the time, and the engine sounds amazing stock. The fact that it can be had for thousands less than the WRX makes it a hard choice.

As others mentioned, the WRX has more power potential once you start modding, and has a ton more torque than the Si stock. You have a bunch of grip, but it does take a few simple mods to make the car handle sharp/tight. The stock tires suck. AWD is great for traction, whether it be rain, snow, or a tricky corner - you can always get the power to the road. It just has that Subaru AWD drive feel to it. I live in MA, so snow is an issue, and the AWD is a huge plus. I like the interior of the WRX about a million times more than the Si. The car sounds amazing with an exhaust. Most importantly, there is just something about a Subaru/WRX...it has a different feel/spirit to it.
    Last edited by SilverSubaab; 11-27-2006 at 09:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverSubaab
    "Dude, I don't know you, and I don't mean this in a personal way, but I want to kick you in the nuts."
    -If your going to quote someone, quote yourself.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.