07 WRX or 06 Si? - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on 07 WRX or 06 Si? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by DTR rex Let's not forget: 1) Handling 2) Braking 3) Gas mileage 4) Interior 1) Handling sure ...

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    Let's not forget:

1) Handling

2) Braking

3) Gas mileage

4) Interior
    1) Handling
    sure the si is better unless the roads are perfectly freakin smooth as glass and dry as a popcorn fart.

2) Braking
    Si does a better 60-0 time than the wrx however run both cars through 1/2 dozen speed runs and tell me which one still has no fade---hmmm ya the wrx
    Plus the wrx brakes are just freakin SEXY.

3) Gas mileage
    Si is better

4) Interior
    Hmm Si space ship retro with a tight cockpit ughhh. You could cook super on the big a%% long dashboard. Nice seats though.
    WRX roomy, practical and awseome visiblity heated seats---yummy for me as it gets cold up here.

Have you even test drove a WRX?
    I use to be a true honda guy---I've owned 9 different honda/acura in the last 6 years and knew too much about them. I most say the 2006 wrx convinced me to go Subbie and the reason I bought the subbie.
    Don't get me wrong I think honda builds an awesome product however they are just boring. The styling of the new si is just bland to me ---its too round it almost likes like you could turn it around and drive it from either end. The interior is just sick in apppearance ---was it modeled after a space ship and very awkward to sit in and view out of.
    To top it off its made in america.
    The one thing I don't miss about honda ---no torque.
    The one thing I will miss about honda ---the smooth trannys.

Just my .02$

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I've never driven ans Si but I think it looks decent and it seems to have decent performance. I'd probaly go with the WRX though. Both are good cars.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    I've never driven ans Si but I think it looks decent and it seems to have decent performance. I'd probaly go with the WRX though. Both are good cars.
    Ya they are both pretty decent cars---test drove the SI three different occasions---just could not get use to the interior and the seating position---maybe My body is weird---too skinny or something---but the wrx feels right.

One thing the si interior has over the wrx is the telescopic steering wheel.
    The seats are nice however the material they use on them gets old quickly--I had the same material on an 03 Si and it got matted and shiney dirty looking and I'm a clean freak.

Quote Originally Posted by jtsimaras View Post
    1) Handling
    sure the si is better unless the roads are perfectly freakin smooth as glass and dry as a popcorn fart.

2) Braking
    Si does a better 60-0 time than the wrx however run both cars through 1/2 dozen speed runs and tell me which one still has no fade---hmmm ya the wrx
    Plus the wrx brakes are just freakin SEXY.

3) Gas mileage
    Si is better

4) Interior
    Hmm Si space ship retro with a tight cockpit ughhh. You could cook super on the big a%% long dashboard. Nice seats though.
    WRX roomy, practical and awseome visiblity heated seats---yummy for me as it gets cold up here.

Have you even test drove a WRX?
    I use to be a true honda guy---I've owned 9 different honda/acura in the last 6 years and knew too much about them. I most say the 2006 wrx convinced me to go Subbie and the reason I bought the subbie.
    Don't get me wrong I think honda builds an awesome product however they are just boring. The styling of the new si is just bland to me ---its too round it almost likes like you could turn it around and drive it from either end. The interior is just sick in apppearance ---was it modeled after a space ship and very awkward to sit in and view out of.
    To top it off its made in america.
    The one thing I don't miss about honda ---no torque.
    The one thing I will miss about honda ---the smooth trannys.

Just my .02$

1) What the hell does smooth roads or wet roads have to do with anything. We are not discussing all elements of nature, if that were the case, you should have addressed that initially. The Si is a better handling car when it comes to performance. Nothing else to it. Pulling the "but what about on wet roads with handling" card is ridiculous and it is for that very reason that wrx owners are sometimes made fun of.
    If you want to say the wrx does better in bad weather conditions with handling that is fine..however you would only be stating the obvious. But do not refute my statement of the Si being a better handling car with a "what about bumpy or wet roads" comment. The Si is the superior handling car though. Both on the skidpad and the slalom.

2) Si brakes better, period end. I am not sure how long the brakes last, but car and driver went to 40k miles or something with the car and reported no brake fading. The wrx however is known to need new pads and rotors ~ 40-50k miles.

3) We both agree

4) Interior is certainly subjective and correlative to personal preference. However, no one can deny that the Si uses superior interior material peices that are higher quality.

Are you asking me if I have driven a wrx or was that in reference to the original poster?
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

1) What the hell does smooth roads or wet roads have to do with anything. We are not discussing all elements of nature, if that were the case, you should have addressed that initially. The Si is a better handling car when it comes to performance. Nothing else to it. Pulling the "but what about on wet roads with handling" card is ridiculous and it is for that very reason that wrx owners are sometimes made fun of.
    If you want to say the wrx does better in bad weather conditions with handling that is fine..however you would only be stating the obvious. But do not refute my statement of the Si being a better handling car with a "what about bumpy or wet roads" comment. The Si is the superior handling car though. Both on the skidpad and the slalom.

2) Si brakes better, period end. I am not sure how long the brakes last, but car and driver went to 40k miles or something with the car and reported no brake fading. The wrx however is known to need new pads and rotors ~ 40-50k miles.

3) We both agree

4) Interior is certainly subjective and correlative to personal preference. However, no one can deny that the Si uses superior interior material peices that are higher quality.

Are you asking me if I have driven a wrx or was that in reference to the original poster?
    Yes I was asking you if you ever test drvien a WRX.

Someone is a little testy.

I've being in the honda scence a many cars---and I'm tired of their lack of character, torque and the all the grosslly riced ones on the road.

Plus everybody I knew hated hondas---they always told me they could never figure all hype about them.

Just my preference and yes I switched to subbie---awd is a blast and the mods/$$ spent is awesome compared to honda n/a engines. If honda put the RDX engine and AWD in the Si then I might reconsider.

For now the only honda I would only consider would be the FIT most solid built honda, tested for years, from japan, a tonne of room and good on gas and my wrx would be my play car.

I use to love the sound of a High revving torqueless VTEC but now I love the boxer rumble.

Ok, ok. lets relax.

1) Si is better at handling. WRX has narrow tires, weighs more, and probably has a slower steering rack.

WRX is better in bad weather, that is obvious.

2) Si has a shorter braking distance due to its lighter weight. I am not sure if it has 4pot/2pot, i think its still 2pot/1pot calipers.

3) No argument.

4) Si interior is pretty nice looking, but the 05+ WRX has a nice interior too. I came from an Acura RSX, so I am used to both Honda and Subaru interiors. I like them both and I have never found my WRX interior to be cheap or poorly constructed.

5) DTR owns a WRX.

6) I am moving this to WRX vs World since it is no longer about "which car should I buy" and instead a brochure race.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT View Post
    Ok, ok. lets relax.

1) Si is better at handling. WRX has narrow tires, weighs more, and probably has a slower steering rack.

WRX is better in bad weather, that is obvious.

2) Si has a shorter braking distance due to its lighter weight. I am not sure if it has 4pot/2pot, i think its still 2pot/1pot calipers.

3) No argument.

4) Si interior is pretty nice looking, but the 05+ WRX has a nice interior too. I came from an Acura RSX, so I am used to both Honda and Subaru interiors. I like them both and I have never found my WRX interior to be cheap or poorly constructed.

5) DTR owns a WRX.

6) I am moving this to WRX vs World since it is no longer about "which car should I buy" and instead a brochure race.
    Its running 2 pots / single almost the same brakes as RSX-S. I did manage to get the 2006 Civic SI brakes to fade quite easily. When I took a Used 2006 WRX on the same run there was no fade at all. The only real way to see how cars compare it test drive the shi^ out of them. I never look at facts or magazine crap---these are someone else's opinion not mine.

All valid points however, the 2006 subbie wrx trapped me no matter how many times (3 for a total of an hour) I test drove the 2006 Civic Si I just could not see myself buying it even though I tried to like it since I was a true honda fanatic. My opinion

happy rumblin
    Last edited by jtsimaras; 12-01-2006 at 08:25 AM.

Yes I was asking you if you ever test drvien a WRX.
    I came from the Honda/Acura scene as well.

As for me owning a wrx.. Do you think I would be on this forum for 4 years and have nearly 20,000 posts and not own a wrx? I have owned a wrx for 3 years and probably driven over 10 DIFFERENT wrx's... Plus a couple STi's.
    Just call me Clark Kent

All valid points however, the 2006 subbie wrx trapped me no matter how many times (3 for a total of an hour) I test drove the 2006 Civic Si I just could not see myself buying it even though I tried to like it since I was a true honda fanatic. My opinion

happy rumblin
    No one is telling you what your preferences or opinion should be man. You are 100% entitled to construct your own of each. I was justing making an argument for the Si in relation to the facts... with numerical support. Something that cannot be overridden by pure opinion.
    Just call me Clark Kent

I came from the Honda/Acura scene as well.

As for me owning a wrx.. Do you think I would be on this forum for 4 years and have nearly 20,000 posts and not own a wrx? I have owned a wrx for 3 years and probably driven over 10 DIFFERENT wrx's... Plus a couple STi's.
    sorry I stand corrected.

No one is telling you what your preferences or opinion should be man. You are 100% entitled to construct your own of each. I was justing making an argument for the Si in relation to the facts... with numerical support. Something that cannot be overridden by pure opinion.

Would you consider a si over your wrx?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty :) View Post
    people in another forum that i visit are trying to sway me from a WRX, and my second choice of a next car is the civic Si. what do you guys think (i know that it will be a little bit bias, but still wont your opinions). they are mostly saying that i live in So Cal so AWD isnt a really big deal, and that it wont be THAT much faster than my focus.
    i plan on test driving the Si and WRX to form my own opinion. but i have a feeling that i will fall partial to the one i drive first, lol
    sp any help please

I owned an rsx type s and its the same **** as an Si. I would deff get a WRX over it.

A) Turbo
    B) More fun to drive
    C) Better launch ( rsx s or si will slide even in the rain..stock tires suck.)
    D) looks better

H-had
    O-one
    N-never
    D-did
    A-again

honda
    ...? whats a turbo?

K-sport coil-overs* ADVAN RGII's* HKS TI-CARBON*SPEC-C ROOF VENT* TI-TEK DOWN/UP PIPE* http://www.metamorfasis.com

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by edub View Post
    WRX's I know less about but they are much less common in south jerz and awd will be very nice seeing as it snows and rains frequently here. Easy to upgrade since factory boosted. Not to mention Precision Tuning in jersey!!

Insurance was cheaper for me with the WRX than the Si, don't know where you got the opposite.

Lasty and frankly to most important thing. If you see a guy your age driving a subby (while you're in a subby) he will give a thumbs up, you see a guy in your si driving an si he ignores you. The subaru commuity is a much nicer place to be than the honda community and I came from the nicest of them all, I couldn't imagine being part of the civic or teg community.
    When I am driving, I give a thumbs up to another suby driver whenever I see one, and they are quick to give a thumbs up and a smile back. The Subie community for the most part is welcoming. I don't think the original guy who started this thread has come back. But overall, my 2 cents, I got my 06 WRX and I love it. If you are looking for mods, it will respond great, and you could always slap a Cobb stage 2 on it and call it a day. I just think that while both the SI and WRX are more than great cars, you simply get a more capable car with the WRX. The WRX seems to be more practical, (AWD, 4 doors, higher safety ratings and IHS gold award for safety in 2006,) and have a slight edge in performance.

But, I think the guy who started the thread is done. Whatever he choose, I hope is is happy. Hopefully he saved up more than $400 for a downpayment.

Quote Originally Posted by RIP EP3 View Post
    H-had
    O-one
    N-never
    D-did
    A-again

honda
    ouch that's bad, almost as bad as (Ford):

F-Fix
    O-Or
    R-Repair
    D-Daily

I still love hondas.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.