07 WRX or 06 Si? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on 07 WRX or 06 Si? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Kreeker I would be proud to own a wrx, however I would not let anyone know I ...

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeker View Post
    I would be proud to own a wrx, however I would not let anyone know I had a Si. When I think honda I think rice... Gonna pull out some racism and say I also think spanish man thinking his car is hot **** with his fake white painted rims.
    too funny--- I use to be a true honda fan----but everyone owns one. Where I live there are a million people in the city And I've only seen 1 other 2006 white wrx wagon in the whole city---besides mine.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I honostly think that if someone gave me a free Si, I would throw it back at them (yes i'm that strong) or sell it. Maybe I'm an ungrateful bastard, but I'd rather stick with my old hag car the taurus.

Definitely get the wrx or be like me and wait a few more months or even years (unfortunately thats what I have to do) to get the STi.

I would be proud to own a wrx, however I would not let anyone know I had a Si. When I think honda I think rice... Gonna pull out some racism and say I also think spanish man thinking his car is hot **** with his fake white painted rims.

FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Banned
    wrx hands down, pay the extra insurance and get your ass into a subie!!!!! NOW!!!!

I was actually quoted more insurance for the si---hmm ya bought the wrx---

just like buddy said get into a subie.

Quote Originally Posted by doublejz View Post
    ahhh!!! just have to add this since i came from the honda scene a while ago.

its not V-tech... it aint no phone yo. its vtec the new ones also are gonna run the K20 which isn't a wimpy motor like some of the old hondas.

for an everyday driver... i would love to have my civic back. got better mpg, beat the sh*t outta it everyday and nothing broke.
    It is a joke my friends and I have about Honda's. And like I said, the Si would come close to a WRX but it just doesn't. But as a daily driver I would have to say for a normal person, it would be the better choice. The Honda babies you more then the WRX does.

If someone gave me a free Si, I would gladly take it and probably drive it more then my WRX. Mostly to save money on gas, but also so my WRX doesn't die as fast.
    Last edited by viperuws; 11-30-2006 at 07:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by viperuws View Post
    It is a joke my friends and I have about Honda's. And like I said, the Si would come close to a WRX but it just doesn't. But as a daily driver I would have to say for a normal person, it would be the better choice. The Honda babies you more then the WRX does.

If someone gave me a free Si, I would gladly take it and probably drive it more then my WRX. Mostly to save money on gas, but also so my WRX doesn't die as fast.

I use to have an RSX-S and should be comparable to the new si for gas mileage. So far my 06 WRX with only 500 miles has being pretty good in comparison averaged 24mpg city driving and it will get better. The best I got on my RSX-S was 32mpg on the highway. Plus the torque of the wrx is worth the extra gas
    Last edited by jtsimaras; 11-30-2006 at 11:22 AM.

like everyone else has stated if your looking for performance the wrx is deff the way to go. you can easly get an extra 50-100 extra whp with pretty simple mods, but as for the si gos you can get full exhaust, intake, and some other things and be lucky to make 15 more whp. i would deff say go with the rex, you will be alot happier in the long run.
    2002 WRB WRX- XPT Stage 2 Awaiting 25% more displacement!!

got grip?

Ok first off, my choices for cars were between my prelude 92 swapped h22. A new Si or a WRX. I have decided on te WRX but my knowledge of Hondas as well as many test drives in the si and then theres my prelude.

The prelude pulls harder then the new Si (I am modded), Nuff said, however, the lsd makes a huge difference in corners and launching. Not to mention the h22 has significantly more power loss than the k20. Those new k20 motors, respond amazingly to mods, so do not judge it based on the older honda motors. K20 with dc race header and race exhaust (which is equivalent to our no at upipe and downpipe. and an AEM CAI will put down about 210-215whp. Greddy or Comptech both make great FI kits for the car and both cars will see 13's with those mods. The car's interior is far nicer than the wrx's especially with the navi opt. 6spd > 5spd and the car looks fantastic. however, they're becoming way to common dealerships are PITAS to get one.

WRX's I know less about but they are much less common in south jerz and awd will be very nice seeing as it snows and rains frequently here. Easy to upgrade since factory boosted. Not to mention Precision Tuning in jersey!!

Insurance was cheaper for me with the WRX than the Si, don't know where you got the opposite.

Lasty and frankly to most important thing. If you see a guy your age driving a subby (while you're in a subby) he will give a thumbs up, you see a guy in your si driving an si he ignores you. The subaru commuity is a much nicer place to be than the honda community and I came from the nicest of them all, I couldn't imagine being part of the civic or teg community.

Personally, I would go with the wrx... for the reasons already listed. I like torque, I like AWD, and I like easy modability.

However, I am a HUGE fan of the Si and to me, it sounds like that is the car that is going to suit you best. You must understand, this is a fairly bias board, and seeing as how this is the 20th thread involving the new Si in some fashion, I can confidently say the people on this forum do not give the car enough credit.

The Si will give you:

Low 15sec 1/4miles - Not stellar but decent, and it car takes well to mods for being N/A.

Traps speeds in the 95/96mph range indicate good topend and good gearing.

Brakes are excellent, and far superior to that of the wrx's.

Handling is quite good, and the LSD helps control the torque steer and early pedal exists from turns. Regardless of what people say here, the Si will outhandle a wrx, hands down.

Interior is top knotch. The Si is one of the most solid and form fitting interiors of any sub-$25k car I have been in.

The Si now comes in 4-door, which I would suggest. You get more room, its not as "racer boy" looking, you get 4doors, and cheaper insurance.

The Si gets pretty decent gas mileage and if you are conservative with the pedal most of the time and stay out of Vtec you get very good gas mileage.

The shifter is one of the best I have ever used.

Of course the car its downfalls such as a lack of torque and fwd... but for the money, I think it is one of the best cars out there.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    However, I am a HUGE fan of the Si and to me, it sounds like that is the car that is going to suit you best.

Traps speeds in the 95/96mph range indicate good topend and good gearing.

Brakes are excellent, and far superior to that of the wrx's.

Handling is quite good, and the LSD helps control the torque steer and early pedal exists from turns. Regardless of what people say here, the Si will outhandle a wrx, hands down.

The shifter is one of the best I have ever used.

Of course the car its downfalls such as a lack of torque and fwd... but for the money, I think it is one of the best cars out there.
    +20
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

[QUOTE=viperuws;1749454]I am still confused on the comparison between them with whp and wtq. The hp rating for the si is 197, yet dynos are showing 180-200 "whp" stock. This would put it near the 07 WRX but the torque is not even comparable.

Here is a link that was comparing the mazdaspeed3, GTI, and Si. Are all dyno charts measured in whp? If so then the whp is quite impressive for the Si. only 17hp loss while the WRX has about 50hp loss from the drive train.

The reason there is a difference in the amount of drivetrain loss is because of the AWD. FWD cars always lose a lot less hp compared to RWD and AWD, with AWD losing the most. Also the civic si is said to be underrated from the factory just like our WRX. So that is why people with the SI are putting down 180-200hp at the wells. Also it's not all about hp. I'm pretty sure that even from a roll that the wrx would beat the SI due to torque. The lag in the WRX isn't all the bad unless you are trying to hit the gas in the wrong gear. Sure if I'm cruising at 50mph in 5th and hit the gas I won't go anywhere but if I downshift to 3rd I'll take off. This is very different from your non turbo 6 and 8 cylinder cars. In either of my Z's I can hit the gas in any gear and at any rpm and it will respond.

In my opinion the SI has nothing on the WRX except equal looks. Performance wise the WRX is better, not to mention it's a bit more versitile than the SI. Insurace wise I think the SI would be more just becuase it's a honda civic

i know

I live near Washington D.C. and there's so many spanish guys with hondas. It makes me mad to see something with so much potential to be awsome, be sickered up, painted bad, no paint bodykits, and huge crapy rims.

uh oh racism~

Quote Originally Posted by Z/WRX View Post

In my opinion the SI has nothing on the WRX except equal looks.
    Let's not forget:

1) Handling

2) Braking

3) Gas mileage

4) Interior
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast