07 WRX or 06 Si? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on 07 WRX or 06 Si? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; well put. I dont know how much the SI's are, but you can get a TR under k....

well put.

I dont know how much the SI's are, but you can get a TR under $22k.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

turbo honda engine

Quote Originally Posted by Ret030 View Post
    HAHA! If honda made an AWD Si... with all the drivetrain loss that awd cars have... it wouldn't make ANY TORQUE!!! HAAAAA!! JK!
    They just came out with the first turbo honda engine. it sucks that it's in the RDX which is a Suv sorta thing but It's definatly a cool idea to have that engine and an AWD drivetrain. idk just a though lol

rumor has it that a turbo 3.0L or 3.6L may end up in the Tribeca soon ...and possibly a Subaru car

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSubaab View Post
    I live in MA, so snow is an issue, and the AWD is a huge plus.
    Go here:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/new-england-states/

Quote Originally Posted by LegacyMyth View Post
    They just came out with the first turbo honda engine. it sucks that it's in the RDX which is a Suv sorta thing but It's definatly a cool idea to have that engine and an AWD drivetrain. idk just a though lol
    Turbo SH-AWD TSX is on its way.

Quote Originally Posted by GraysonSubaru View Post
    rumor has it that a turbo 3.0L or 3.6L may end up in the Tribeca soon ...and possibly a Subaru car
    3.6L NA is 100% going into the 2008 Tribeca. Not sure if they would turbo it yet.
    Last edited by D0WNxSH1FT; 11-27-2006 at 02:17 PM.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

i was in the same situation as you and it helps if you test drive both to see which you like. in my case, i was unable to test drive a civic si because the dealerships did not want to put any miles on them. I was able to test drive a type s, and i based my decision on that.

price wise the cars will be very close as the civic si's are still in high demand and every dealer i went to was selling them over sticker with forced accessory packages. not to mention there is a waiting list on the si's and the dealers only receive 1-2 cars a month. as someone mentioned earlier a TR can be bought for under 22k.

performance wise i think we all know wrx > si.
    06' WRB TR(Stock)

i was never really worried about the price of a wrx.. it was the insurance.. and as it ends up. i dont think that i can afford a WRX at this time.. it would be about 2k more a year just for insurance.. so it looks like i am going to be going Si or type S
    current savings toward my subbie!!
    $400

GOAL:$3k

http://qwerty.youaremighty.com

Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT View Post

3.6L NA is 100% going into the 2008 Tribeca. Not sure if they would turbo it yet.
    they have a 6 cylinder turbo legacy running around the subaru plant along with a tribeca with a turbo 6 set up..

speculation seems to be testing the upcoming impreza platform in a legacy to keep the mystery on the new impreza platform.

the STI forester (6 speed version) will also be here in a couple years (our techs went to some sort of training and they told the techs to be familiar with the STI 6 speed because it will be in the STI forester in a year or two)

I was in the same scenario WRX or SI the si was actually more insurance and it plain sux compared to the wrx---no torque whatso ever and the interior is just freakin weird---so I got the wrx. Believe it or not I was a serious HONDA fan. I've owned mulitple Hondas and I most say that I love the wrx better than all of them. Only thing honda has over subbies is the smooth transmissions.
    Last edited by jtsimaras; 11-28-2006 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT View Post
    They arent even in the same class. Get the WRX. its faster, carries more people comfortably, and is just as reliable.

If you ever want to go skiing/snowboarding at Mammoth you're gonna want AWD if the roads arent well paved. Plus you'll appreciate it in the rain.
    +2

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSubaab View Post
    The only way to really make a decision is to test drive the two, one right after another(ie, go to one dealer, test drive, say thanks, drive right to the next dealership and test drive). On paper, or on online forums, you can't get a real sense of what the car is like or which fits you better.

With that said, I used to own an Si years ago, and currently am on my third WRX, an 06. I have test driven the new 06/07 Civic Si three times in the past couple of months, and I feel it is a really nice car. The handling/chasis of the Civic is simply wonderful. It is very tight, very quick, very responsive - I liked it a ton. It feels a lot lighter than the WRX, which it is. The tranny is nice and smooth, and is a joy to use. The engine is smooth and, of course, rev happy. Around town, I had a great time. After 6,000 rpm there was pretty good power for its size and did feel quick. I did get a little torque steer at one point, which I did not like. On the highway, unless downshifted two gears, there was no passing power - which is a thing for me, as I drive about 25 minutes each way on the highway to work each day. The biggest thing is the amount of torque. Obviously, the Si does not have a lot, and it is noticeable after driving other cars. That is the only area that I did not like about the car, pretty much. The interior is "different" for me, and I can't say that I like it all that much. I really dislike the digital speedo, but the tach is ok, I guess. The seats are great though. All in all, the car is just fun to drive, all the time, and the engine sounds amazing stock. The fact that it can be had for thousands less than the WRX makes it a hard choice.

As others mentioned, the WRX has more power potential once you start modding, and has a ton more torque than the Si stock. You have a bunch of grip, but it does take a few simple mods to make the car handle sharp/tight. The stock tires suck. AWD is great for traction, whether it be rain, snow, or a tricky corner - you can always get the power to the road. It just has that Subaru AWD drive feel to it. I live in MA, so snow is an issue, and the AWD is a huge plus. I like the interior of the WRX about a million times more than the Si. The car sounds amazing with an exhaust. Most importantly, there is just something about a Subaru/WRX...it has a different feel/spirit to it.
    +1

I also drove the SI when I was leaving my RX-8, the SI felt gutless compared to that and the RX-8 felt gutless compared to my 06 WRX. Two totally diffrent cars one with a lot of power to start with, and easy to get more cheap. One with not much go, and a funky interior.....save up for the WRX you won't be dissapointed

I am still confused on the comparison between them with whp and wtq. The hp rating for the si is 197, yet dynos are showing 180-200 "whp" stock. This would put it near the 07 WRX but the torque is not even comparable.

Here is a link that was comparing the mazdaspeed3, GTI, and Si. Are all dyno charts measured in whp? If so then the whp is quite impressive for the Si. only 17hp loss while the WRX has about 50hp loss from the drive train.

I found this comment interesting. "And arguments about turbo lag here are moot; the Civic Si's drive-by-wire throttle is so slow to respond that you can literally press the throttle to the floor and release it without any response." The 07 WRX's also have drive-by-wire now which is supposedly not that bad but with the turbo lag, it would about equal the 2 out in this "comfort area".

I think I read the Si being 6.7 0-60 which would throw it out of our league in the 1/4 mile but from a roll it would be closer. The Si is lighter making it able to handle better, easier. From experience, the back seat is worse then my old Tiburon but not as bad as a Carrera.

The Si is a great car but I wouldn't call it better at all. If you can, go for the WRX. I would have to say as a comfort daily driver, the civic will not disapoint you.

WRX cons:
    -The shifting is a b***h sometimes (always when compared to the ease of the civic)
    -Turbo lag
    -not as nimble as the Si
    -not as "sleek looking" ?
    -transmission is not as strong and is a 5 speed

Si cons:
    -it's a civic
    -slower
    -FWD(not so bad but still not as good as AWD)
    -it's a civic
    -Strange power loss then rise at 5300rpms due to V-tech (could be considered a good thing as it "kicks" but power loss is power loss in my eyes)
    -it's still a civic

But seriously the civic is better for you if you don't want to deal with little problems as Subaru has been known to have random minor issues. But if you think you can deal with it's minor glitches, you will realize the WRX is a better car for you.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty :) View Post
    i was never really worried about the price of a wrx.. it was the insurance.. and as it ends up. i dont think that i can afford a WRX at this time.. it would be about 2k more a year just for insurance.. so it looks like i am going to be going Si or type S
    if insurance is a killer, you could look at the new GTI

I've owned a GTI 1.8t and driven the last generation and this generation's SI and can honestly say that the GTI felt a lot better. And from what I've read on the VW forums the new GTI feels a lot better than last generations. Especially with the new DSG system. I haven't test driven one yet but plan on soon, just to see how it feels.

go here www.vwforum.com

plus VW's kick honda's rear end in the luxuries/interior department

ahhh!!! just have to add this since i came from the honda scene a while ago.

its not V-tech... it aint no phone yo. its vtec the new ones also are gonna run the K20 which isn't a wimpy motor like some of the old hondas.

for an everyday driver... i would love to have my civic back. got better mpg, beat the sh*t outta it everyday and nothing broke.
    My lug nuts need more torque then your Honda makes!! :P (Stolen from subaru_crazy)

I say test drive both and see what you like.

FWIW, WRX user community > Honda user community.

I would be proud to own a wrx, however I would not let anyone know I had a Si. When I think honda I think rice... Gonna pull out some racism and say I also think spanish man thinking his car is hot **** with his fake white painted rims.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.