Has anyone ran a mustang GT-500??? - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

This is a discussion on Has anyone ran a mustang GT-500??? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 2gnt2wrx I came up on a gt500 the other day on my way home from work. I ...

Quote Originally Posted by 2gnt2wrx View Post
    I came up on a gt500 the other day on my way home from work. I taunted the hell out of it trying to get him to punch it, but he wouldent. He was dressed in a suit, had his hands in the 10-2 position and looked over at me like who the hell are you then proceeded to snub his nose at me. I was pissed, this guy was going 50 in a 55 zone what a homo. All i wanted was to see him punch it and tear a hole in the Universe

Yeah, how dare he try to enjoy his ride in peace without some idiot egging him on!

Someone explain to me how this is any different than the ricer in the primered Honda who revs his engine at you while at a stoplight?
    "The way a press launch for a new car works is, a car manufacturer flies a group of automotive journalists to a nice location, pays their expenses, wines and dines them for several days, and lets them drive the new car all over the place. Then they go home and write objective stories."

- Dave Barry

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

^^^^ haha

I came up on a gt500 the other day on my way home from work. I taunted the hell out of it trying to get him to punch it, but he wouldent. He was dressed in a suit, had his hands in the 10-2 position and looked over at me like who the hell are you then proceeded to snub his nose at me. I was pissed, this guy was going 50 in a 55 zone what a homo. All i wanted was to see him punch it and tear a hole in the Universe
    It is disapointing to see a GT 500 and not get to race it at least a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Geese1 View Post
    Yeah, how dare he try to enjoy his ride in peace without some idiot egging him on!

Someone explain to me how this is any different than the ricer in the primered Honda who revs his engine at you while at a stoplight?
    My point is, If you spend 200k on a super car than you should drive it like it was meant to be driven. I wasnt being obnoxious, I just wanted to see it go.
    New England F4
    04 WRB

My point is, If you spend 200k on a super car than you should drive it like it was meant to be driven.
    So driving like an idiot and racing everything on a public road is how it's meant to be driven?

Theres no right way to enjoy a car. They payed for it whatever makes them happy is how it is "meant to be" driven.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

My point is, If you spend 200k on a super car than you should drive it like it was meant to be driven. I wasnt being obnoxious, I just wanted to see it go.
    200k? Is that in Turkish Lira?
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

Quote Originally Posted by Herknav View Post
    200k? Is that in Turkish Lira?
    45k us so yah roughly 200k Lira My bad i didnt do my research.

I love how its implied that i'm a ricer looking to race everyone i see. And further more how would it even be a race?
    New England F4
    04 WRB

Quote Originally Posted by Juice33 View Post
    Sad news! You are wrong! It was definately a dumb thing to say. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. Did you know that Ford builds the 5.4 specifically so that it can be mated with a Supercharger and take tons of abuse, and has the mod potential like no other? No you just assume they take the regular old 5.4 and put it in the GT500 with a S/C slapped on it. It is typical fanboy thinking like yours that gives everyone else in the community a bad name. If you honestly think that a turbo on the WRX/STI is just an added bonus and people would pay for the car sans turbo because all they really want is AWD you are only fooling yourself. Don't be a fanboy, it is very unbecoming.
    to further prove your point

a magazine, in reviewing the GT500 said, "a pulley change away from world domination"

i personally saw a GT500 get some work done.

bone stock with 1k miles on the clock it dynoed 400whp.

intake
    pulley
    ported stock blower
    tune

530whp

thats with full stock exhaust and still on 91 octane.

i'd like to see a "superior chevy", which doesnt need a supercharger, get a 130whp gain with such cheap and simple mods and still have the stock exhaust.

ford goes with technology, chevy goes with displacement. i would much rather have the DETUNED, 5.4 liter DOHC SUPERCHARGED engine than a small block chevy that was worked over so that it displaces 7 liters.
    Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by Antyoo View Post

intake
    pulley
    ported stock blower
    tune

530whp
    What do you mean by intake? As in "manifold" or as in "air filter/power pipe/etc."
    -09 Impreza 2.5GT 13.72/ 99.4/1.926
    -99 Mustang 10.64/136.41.57
    -08 R32 (bone stock)

Quote Originally Posted by TonyG View Post
    as in "air filter/power pipe/etc."

That is what he means. Just a simple Ram Air or something like that. Most air intakes add around 15-20 rwhp on the 03/04 Cobras. Also, supposedly The stock one on the GT500 is having problems and they are being replaced by Ford.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Antyoo View Post
    to further prove your point

a magazine, in reviewing the GT500 said, "a pulley change away from world domination"

intake
    pulley
    ported stock blower
    tune

530whp

thats with full stock exhaust and still on 91 octane.

i'd like to see a "superior chevy", which doesnt need a supercharger, get a 130whp gain with such cheap and simple mods and still have the stock exhaust.

ford goes with technology, chevy goes with displacement. i would much rather have the DETUNED, 5.4 liter DOHC SUPERCHARGED engine than a small block chevy that was worked over so that it displaces 7 liters.
    Obviously, a powerplant engineered from the get-go to be FI has more bolt-on potential. The Cobra's engine has always been great to start with, but it's weight was and still is it's weakness.

You'd rather have the "DETUNED, 5.4 liter DOHC SUPERCHARGED engine", I'd rather have the 7.0 and then supercharge that.
    *1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning

If I had a choice, I'd rather have the 7 liter vette, and I own a 455 whp blown stang. If the GT500 weighed 3000 lbs instead of 4000 lbs, I'd choose it instead. A lot of mustang guys feel the same.
    -09 Impreza 2.5GT 13.72/ 99.4/1.926
    -99 Mustang 10.64/136.41.57
    -08 R32 (bone stock)

Quote Originally Posted by TonyG View Post
    If I had a choice, I'd rather have the 7 liter vette, and I own a 455 whp blown stang. If the GT500 weighed 3000 lbs instead of 4000 lbs, I'd choose it instead. A lot of mustang guys feel the same.
    I think he meant engine to engine, not car to car. So basically if he had the choice of engine to drop in his X-Car, he would chose the S/C'd 5.4L in the GT500 over the 7.0L that the Z06 carries. It is a tough call for me. Can I take the 5.4L out of the GT and TT it? If so, that is what I am going for, lol.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

Nah. When you can afford something like that, you can make those kinds of claims. Until then: tough.
    Last edited by Bboy AJ; 12-21-2006 at 07:00 PM.
    2006 WRX TR

Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHPAW View Post
    Obviously, a powerplant engineered from the get-go to be FI has more bolt-on potential. The Cobra's engine has always been great to start with, but it's weight was and still is it's weakness.

You'd rather have the "DETUNED, 5.4 liter DOHC SUPERCHARGED engine", I'd rather have the 7.0 and then supercharge that.
    thats the best part, i like getting my money's worth out of mods, its for that reason that i will never buy a 350z/g35

hehe, for the cost of supercharging the 7.0, you can yank the SC from the 5.4, sell it and then turbo charge the 5.4 besides, mods for the vette have the vette tax.

im sure everyone here knows what ford's dohc 5.4l engine can do with a couple of turbos.

i have worked on a lot of turbo mustangs and lightnings. amazing power, great driveability, and easy on the ears.
    Anthony

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678