Has anyone ran a mustang GT-500??? - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on Has anyone ran a mustang GT-500??? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by powder Exactly. They don't get that in this day and age, offering 300 hp for under 30k ...

Quote Originally Posted by powder View Post
    Exactly. They don't get that in this day and age, offering 300 hp for under 30k in a rwd whale just doesn't cut it. Chevy is starting to get it. They realize that building the Z06 to take out Ferrari's was the wise choice and then not charging $150k for it was even wiser.

You're right though. Ford has the platform they need to start taking the market back in the US. They jsut don't get that that's exactly what it will take to get us away from our subaru's and mitsu's (still won't work for me though, i'm sold on suby.).

I wish the Focus would come over here. I would probably have bought one over the Evo and the STi I had. It is such a badass little rally rocket. If ford stepped up and offered the US the focu of europe and the sedans of Australia, I think they would do much better over here.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    Aussie Falcons FTW!
    *1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHPAW View Post
    Aussie Falcons FTW!
    Damn straight son!
    SOLD:
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

Hey,
    i must say that i have ridden in one and its very fast, and would eat an sti for lunch, however that is just going straight and as fast as you can, now if you added some movement into the situation i would say that the sti has a MUCH greater chance of winning now. What im saying is if you raced a sti and a 500 on an open 4 lane highway with no one around the 500 would win, but if that highway is croweded and requires changing lanes and moving the sti would probably keep up if not nudge ahead, Also one thing i havent seen yall mention is the braking factor, the subarus are alot faster to regain speed than the 500 due to the excessive wieght. just another factor

Straight and fast= Gt 500
    Moving and going fast= STI

SR

Quote Originally Posted by Juice33 View Post
    Damn straight son!
    got to see all those cars when i went to australia a little over a year ago

not only do japanese car companies keep the cool cars out of the US, but aparantly so does ford.

a local shop i know of is working on a gt500 right now

ported stock blower
    pulley
    SCT
    intake

530whp, up from 400whp as a baseline

this is on completely stock exhaust. long tubes, xpipe and catback will be on the car shortly
    Anthony

Talking

I wish the Focus would come over here. I would probably have bought one over the Evo and the STi I had. It is such a badass little rally rocket. If ford stepped up and offered the US the focu of europe and the sedans of Australia, I think they would do much better over here.
    True that, I've seen some rally races and those little Focuses were putting down some pretty good times. Even though they are ugly as hell . But that's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby-Rooo View Post
    Hey,
    i must say that i have ridden in one and its very fast, and would eat an sti for lunch, however that is just going straight and as fast as you can, now if you added some movement into the situation i would say that the sti has a MUCH greater chance of winning now. What im saying is if you raced a sti and a 500 on an open 4 lane highway with no one around the 500 would win, but if that highway is croweded and requires changing lanes and moving the sti would probably keep up if not nudge ahead, Also one thing i havent seen yall mention is the braking factor, the subarus are alot faster to regain speed than the 500 due to the excessive wieght. just another factor

Straight and fast= Gt 500
    Moving and going fast= STI

SR
    Having a race of weaving in and out of traffic is basically retarded, so that makes no sense. Also, the GT500 has a better hp/lb ratio than the STi and it also has 5.4L with a S/C which hits instantly as compared to an STi 2.5L waiting for the turbo to get it going, so I don't think the heavier car is going to have a hard time getting back up to speed. Your argument is flawed, to say the least.
    SOLD:
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning

Having a race of weaving in and out of traffic is basically retarded, so that makes no sense. Also, the GT500 has a better hp/lb ratio than the STi and it also has 5.4L with a S/C which hits instantly as compared to an STi 2.5L waiting for the turbo to get it going, so I don't think the heavier car is going to have a hard time getting back up to speed. Your argument is flawed, to say the least.
    werd. weaving is not racing, thats basically going straight with slight turns. so yes, that is special ed. u should have said "on a road course" and on that type of race i have no idea what would happen. im way too lazy to check the handling specs on the gt500. i think it would depend on the course. long more open course gt500 would pull but a tighter course i dunno.

Weaving is only fun if you really feel like doing some dumb stuff. It's much more fun hittin turns and getting some g-force.

just for ****s and giggles... the other day i messed wit one from a first gear roll.. we were stopped at a light and my buddy was takin pics of it and the guy was a real asshat and kept revin it up an dactin like an ass to us... so we both takre off normal from the light and at about 25 he just stomps it.. so i throw mine into 1st and take off after him....im pretty sure he had trouble grabbin second bc i was on him fast adn when he did snatch second he pulled up a lil but i was passin him then under full boost..... and just for u non beilevers out there.. its on video on my myspace.. and i have a base model WRX not an sti...

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...f-ddb51c08b123
    Last edited by Bades; 12-08-2006 at 11:00 AM. Reason: forgot the link to my page...

defianlty sounds like that dude was more of a dumbass driver . I hope you got some new tires after doing all those launches.

Quote Originally Posted by Bades View Post
    just for ****s and giggles... the other day i messed wit one from a first gear roll.. we were stopped at a light and my buddy was takin pics of it and the guy was a real asshat and kept revin it up an dactin like an ass to us... so we both takre off normal from the light and at about 25 he just stomps it.. so i throw mine into 1st and take off after him....im pretty sure he had trouble grabbin second bc i was on him fast adn when he did snatch second he pulled up a lil but i was passin him then under full boost..... and just for u non beilevers out there.. its on video on my myspace.. and i have a base model WRX not an sti...

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...f-ddb51c08b123

I highly doubt he was actually racing you. He may have hit the gas hard for half a gear and stopped, but that is about it. Unless you have a built engine and a nice sized turbo, that ain't happening. It looks more like you raced him, while he drove along.
    SOLD:
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning

I highly doubt he was actually racing you. He may have hit the gas hard for half a gear and stopped, but that is about it. Unless you have a built engine and a nice sized turbo, that ain't happening. It looks more like you raced him, while he drove along.
    I have to agree, all i saw in that video was someone driving past a cobra, if that guy was trying at all he would have been pulling you easily.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    I ran some nerd in a Veyron the other day. He thought he was hot shat in his sparkley, 1000 HP, AWD, $2.5 million dollar car... Yeah, I know he has like 400 HP on me, but I pulled on him 'cause the car is a heavy pig and mine's made out of plastic...
    *1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHPAW View Post
    I ran some nerd in a Veyron the other day. He thought he was hot shat in his sparkley, 1000 HP, AWD, $2.5 million dollar car... Yeah, I know he has like 400 HP on me, but I pulled on him 'cause the car is a heavy pig and mine's made out of plastic...
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.