Has anyone ran a mustang GT-500??? - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on Has anyone ran a mustang GT-500??? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; http://www.fordgt500forum.com/forums...hread.php?t=52 ............. sorry guys i was off a little..... but still makes more then a green...

http://www.fordgt500forum.com/forums...hread.php?t=52 ............. sorry guys i was off a little..... but still makes more then a green

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The GT500 is a bad ass car. It is a muscle car/pony car people, not a super car. It is a $42,000 car that rips and is quite nice. Just for comparisons sake, it appears that when modding a car, the GT500 has no equal (not even the 03/04 Cobras). I was reading on SVTperformance about the new KB 2.8L Supercharger that bolts on to the engine and puts down *just* 810 HP (crank I believe). That is absolutely rediculous!

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...d.php?t=338812
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

i will aggree the somehow got that car to reposond to mods better then the 03/04 cobras. guys (one guy actually) is in the nines already with the damn thing.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 View Post
    i will aggree the somehow got that car to reposond to mods better then the 03/04 cobras. guys (one guy actually) is in the nines already with the damn thing.

In the 9s with not a lot of mods and still using the stock blower too!
    SOLD:
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 View Post
    they're over weight and over rated. mags are getting 12.7-13.0's outta that pile. having 500hp doesn't mean anything when it weighs 3600lbs. although the price isnt bad compared to a z06 or viper. but it doesnt compare either. its kinda in a class of its own. to exspensive to be in with the awd guys and to cheap to go play with the big boys. its rests in the the mid life crisis center of reg c5-6s and m3-5s. i would certainly take any of those over the gt500

Same with me, I really don't like the late model stangs. Now if we're talking 60 - 80's stangs, then that's a different story. I can respect those but the newer ones are way heavy and what good is all at power if you don't have the (power:weight) to be a threat. That's why I love Imports, you get the light weight, plus the aftermarket back up to really make some power. idk that's just me. Plus I'm more into circuit racing than 1/4 racing. It takes a bit more skill lol.

Wow, the ignorance in that statement floors me.
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

Quote Originally Posted by Herknav View Post
    Wow, the ignorance in that statement floors me.

You expected anything more from an import forum?

Quote Originally Posted by LegacyMyth View Post
    Same with me, I really don't like the late model stangs. Now if we're talking 60 - 80's stangs, then that's a different story. I can respect those but the newer ones are way heavy and what good is all at power if you don't have the (power:weight) to be a threat. That's why I love Imports, you get the light weight, plus the aftermarket back up to really make some power. idk that's just me. Plus I'm more into circuit racing than 1/4 racing. It takes a bit more skill lol.

So does the STi's power to weight make you wanna puke too?
    SOLD:
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning

Quote Originally Posted by subyguy View Post
    i know that a regular wrx wouldnt do it....so i was wondering if any STI owners out there have gone against this beast???

Had a friend told me that he ran one and all he had was a FP green and supporting mods with mild tune.
    They did from a 70 mph roll or something like that, and he won by 2-3 cars.......Now is that beleiveable?????

i kinda of dont beileve it.
    I ran one a few weeks ago on the hwy. He was rollin' with a brand new Z06. The Z06 smoked the Shelby, and the Shelby smoked me. From a 500 hp car, I was expecting more.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SixDaysToSunday View Post
    Sounds ridiculously stupid but PopSci did an article on the Bugatti Veyron stating 3000chp - 2000hp lost as heat = 1000whp

Newest issue, Best of Whats New or whatever. They had some guys from VW/Bugatti come down with one so they could play/write about it.
    You're a little confused. The Veyron makes 1001bhp. (brake hp or crank hp).

He was also talking about heat loss. Which is a totally differn't story. I think its something like a engine with 100% Volumetric Eff. loses 76% of its ENGERGY through heat, not horsepower. But thats any engine. I did some searching and everyone says the Veyron has 1001 BHP.

I wouldnt call the GT500 a $42k car. Can you buy one for that? I think the minimum they go for is $10k over sticker..some as much as $20k over sticker.

you cant put it in that category money wise since they dont sell for that. IMO.

yes, they are probably very fast and I am not going to doubt the fact it would very likely eat an STI that wasnt heavily modded, but it is just not in the same class as the STI either.

kinda in the same class as saying VF39 2006 WRX and a new Viper can be compared..yes they are probably both pretty fast, but still not the same class of car...i dont see any magazines putting them together head to head any time soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

I believe there were folks who got the GT500 for MSRP. Ford offered a "Power Lease" option on 03-04 Cobras. They were offered an extra alotment above what the dealer was alotted. I have heard of 2 people who got them this way, (around MSRP). But then, there were also folks buying the power lease off of people...
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

Quote Originally Posted by GraysonSubaru View Post
    I wouldnt call the GT500 a $42k car. Can you buy one for that? I think the minimum they go for is $10k over sticker..some as much as $20k over sticker.

you cant put it in that category money wise since they dont sell for that. IMO.

yes, they are probably very fast and I am not going to doubt the fact it would very likely eat an STI that wasnt heavily modded, but it is just not in the same class as the STI either.

kinda in the same class as saying VF39 2006 WRX and a new Viper can be compared..yes they are probably both pretty fast, but still not the same class of car...i dont see any magazines putting them together head to head any time soon.
    Well it is a $42000 car. That is what Ford built it to be. Whether someone wants to pay more than that or not (like my uncle who paid $62k[ouch!]) is their decision. I will wait to find a used one with low miles for at least $10,00 under sticker like I did with my 03 (which I got for $26,600 with just 115 miles on it in april 05). It is not to be supposed to be compared to STIs, it is a good $6,000 to $8,000, if not more, more expensive than the STI, and is a completely different kind of car. Unless you are comparing cars that are under $50,000 then they are comparable, otherwise not really, there are justy too many differences. About the only things they have in common are 4 wheels and they are both FI, and even the form of FI is completely different.
    SOLD:
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning

Quote Originally Posted by Juice33 View Post
    Well it is a $42000 car. That is what Ford built it to be. Whether someone wants to pay more than that or not (like my uncle who paid $62k[ouch!]) is their decision. I will wait to find a used one with low miles for at least $10,00 under sticker like I did with my 03 (which I got for $26,600 with just 115 miles on it in april 05). It is not to be supposed to be compared to STIs, it is a good $6,000 to $8,000, if not more, more expensive than the STI, and is a completely different kind of car. Unless you are comparing cars that are under $50,000 then they are comparable, otherwise not really, there are justy too many differences. About the only things they have in common are 4 wheels and they are both FI, and even the form of FI is completely different.
    I am not arguing the fact about the race or anything..i simply dont care about that aspect of it. that is like my stage 2 wrx trying to race a C5.

i do not agree that it is a $42k car. An item is valued at what people pay for it. what it is built to be can always be different from what it ends up being. Some cars tend to end up being more than originally priced -- this mustang is a good example while others (anything Isuzu sells) are far below was was set as the initial value from the factory.

value is what people pay for it...regardless of what the place/people that built it figured value to be.

Xbox when it came out is a good case of this as well.

EDIT: does anyone on here actually pay MSRP or NADA retail for a vehicle? I never have...so to me that $25,000 + MSRP WRX is really worth $23k that it can be bought for.

price is directly related to perceived value. if noone feels that the price placed is more than they value it, they simply dont buy it and that is how rebates/incentives come about. if eveyone thought that MSRP was the end all be all value of something, they would always pay that and not negotiate, look for a rebate, etc. they would feel that the item was worth exactly what was being asked of it.

i realize magazines will call it a $42k car in their comparisons, but in the real world, they are valued far above that. Sony doesnt advertise the PS3 as a $1000 + item, but in the real world it would be very hard to get one at MSRP.

Ford GT is another one...$150k msrp...i dont think anyone got one for that. Even used ones are still more than original MSRP. they were valued to be a $200k-300k vehicle by the buyers and potential buyers still value a used one more than the factory originally valued it at.
    Last edited by GraysonSubaru; 11-29-2006 at 12:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast