OK, am I the only person who is annoyed by this?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on OK, am I the only person who is annoyed by this? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, been a while since I've been on here (ooh, redesigned forum, pretty ) What is it with people ...

uke

OK, am I the only person who is annoyed by this?

Hey guys, been a while since I've been on here (ooh, redesigned forum, pretty )

What is it with people who want to race you, but don't have the common courtesy of giving an even start, but instead feel the need to jump you?

Case in point, I'm getting onto the highway yesterday, and there's a pretty good sounding red WRX getting on in front of me (no idea what mods). I figured it's been a while since I've gotten to race one, so I want to see if he's game. On the highway, we kind of rev at each other, but can't do much as there's traffic.

Finally, we get a stretch of open road ahead of us. I'm in the far right lane, with him behind me. I get over so he can get next to me so we can get a good start. But no, he decides to go full throttle from behind me as I'm waiting for him to get even for a nice fair start. By the time I realize it, he's flying past me with a 20mph hour head start. No way can I catch up to that.

Now, he seemed pretty quick to begin with, so maybe he still would have beaten me in a fair race, but the other guy cannot consider that a win, since he had basically a head start on me. It's like he didn't have the decency to get up even for a nice, fair race. I run mid 13's in the 1/4 mile currently, so even if he was Stage 2, it may have been close.

Now, I am in no way saying that this is specific to WRX drivers, cause it's not. It's just that I noticed this guy doing this, which irks me. Am I overreacting here, or does this annoy anyone else as well?
    06 GTO - yeah, it's pretty quick
    Grand Prix GTP-gone

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ahh the blow-by race. You know that guy was like "I blew by this guy on the freeway like he was sitting still." (flashes hazards) I think they just don't know "how" to race. My fav is the 2 honks...you hear the engine rev..then you hear the 3rd honk. Gotta get that jump
    Vag-eye Militia #1
    Military Militia #3

I Support ClubWRX
    Street racing FTW

I do that all the time, mainly because I dont want to race. I'll wave, flash my lights, beep my horn, or anything else to get another WRX's attention just to say hey. If it turns out he's a boy racer, then I just want to get around him and on my way.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

I share your frustration, but I've also been the guy behind when the guy in front stands on the gas before you have a chance to line up. It's difficult to determine what the motives of the other driver are going to be, or if they even have any idea of "street racing protocol"...

Quote Originally Posted by uke View Post
    Hey guys, been a while since I've been on here (ooh, redesigned forum, pretty )

What is it with people who want to race you, but don't have the common courtesy of giving an even start, but instead feel the need to jump you?

Case in point, I'm getting onto the highway yesterday, and there's a pretty good sounding red WRX getting on in front of me (no idea what mods). I figured it's been a while since I've gotten to race one, so I want to see if he's game. On the highway, we kind of rev at each other, but can't do much as there's traffic.

Finally, we get a stretch of open road ahead of us. I'm in the far right lane, with him behind me. I get over so he can get next to me so we can get a good start. But no, he decides to go full throttle from behind me as I'm waiting for him to get even for a nice fair start. By the time I realize it, he's flying past me with a 20mph hour head start. No way can I catch up to that.

Now, he seemed pretty quick to begin with, so maybe he still would have beaten me in a fair race, but the other guy cannot consider that a win, since he had basically a head start on me. It's like he didn't have the decency to get up even for a nice, fair race. I run mid 13's in the 1/4 mile currently, so even if he was Stage 2, it may have been close.

Now, I am in no way saying that this is specific to WRX drivers, cause it's not. It's just that I noticed this guy doing this, which irks me. Am I overreacting here, or does this annoy anyone else as well?

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

Almost the exact same thing happened to me last week against a newer GTO (couldn't tell if it was 5.7L or 6.0L). I was angry for quite some time afterwards b/c he probably thought he beat me by bus lengths. Now chances are he would have won anyway since it was from a roll but I still would like to have seen how it would turn out from an even start nonetheless.
    Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, start.

Don't street race. Problem solved.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    Don't street race. Problem solved.
    Afraid of eating bad food? Dont eat!

personally when that happens I just laugh and move on....

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Aerophyre View Post
    Afraid of eating bad food? Dont eat!

personally when that happens I just laugh and move on....

exactly, besides it's more fun to run a country road with tons of twisties. I only have a n/t eclipse and it has performance struts and springs and I have one buddy with a 95 Trans AM and another with an Iroc-Z w/ a vortex supercharger, and I still hang with them in corners. idk i'm more of a apex junkie lol

I Support ClubWRX
    That happened to me this morning. I was on my way to work in teh Andyspeed 626 looking for a kill. As I was driving up a local 4 lane road, I saw those familiar blinking yellow lights ahead of me. Yes! It's on! That school bus doesn't stand a chance! I figure he had his lights on just to let me know he wanted a piece of me. He sat there waiting for me to line up. I pulled up next to him and waited. He dumped a bunch of kids on the curb (I figure for weight savings), and revved his engine. I knew I probably wouldn't stand a chance when I heard his turbo, and air brakes going PPPSSSHHTTT!!!, but I wanted to try anyway. I waited and waited for his horn, but he never beeped. He waited until I went to change a CD, and he launched! By the time I got her back in first gear and launched, it was too late. He was already waaaaay ahead of me putting his flashers on again. God I wish these people would learn how to street race!

I Support ClubWRX
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

uke
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    That happened to me this morning. I was on my way to work in teh Andyspeed 626 looking for a kill. As I was driving up a local 4 lane road, I saw those familiar blinking yellow lights ahead of me. Yes! It's on! That school bus doesn't stand a chance! I figure he had his lights on just to let me know he wanted a piece of me. He sat there waiting for me to line up. I pulled up next to him and waited. He dumped a bunch of kids on the curb (I figure for weight savings), and revved his engine. I knew I probably wouldn't stand a chance when I heard his turbo, and air brakes going PPPSSSHHTTT!!!, but I wanted to try anyway. I waited and waited for his horn, but he never beeped. He waited until I went to change a CD, and he launched! By the time I got her back in first gear and launched, it was too late. He was already waaaaay ahead of me putting his flashers on again. God I wish these people would learn how to street race!
    Allright, allright! I get it
    06 GTO - yeah, it's pretty quick
    Grand Prix GTP-gone

Trainrex knows what it's like...

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

Uh, just because the guy drives a Subaru doesn't mean he's not a ricer with ricer tendencies. Subaru owners can be douches like anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Flat 4 View Post
    Uh, just because the guy drives a Subaru doesn't mean he's not a ricer with ricer tendencies. Subaru owners can be douches like anyone else.
    un-possible, i R not belieb dat yo
    14.160@96.011
    90 degree weather
    airhog, removed silencer, and removed stock catback exhaust (stock DPs in place) and craptacular california 91 octane piss water

Quote Originally Posted by Flat 4 View Post
    Everyone knows that WRX owners are of superior moral fiber and possess FAR greater intellect than any other automotive enthusiasts.

That is, everyone except you, NOOB!! AHAHAH OMFG LOLZOR PWNED!!111!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.