Damn cobra SVT's, poor C5 vette.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Damn cobra SVT's, poor C5 vette. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Got owned in my stock wagon by a SVT cobra mustang, from a light i pulled on him in 1st ...

Damn cobra SVT's, poor C5 vette.

Got owned in my stock wagon by a SVT cobra mustang, from a light i pulled on him in 1st as he was spinning. Then he went by me like i was sitting still. So i pull up to him at next light and we exchange the thumbs up and i ask him stock? He says it runs 11s, and i bet it does.

So then i come home, its a beautifull day. Decided to take my 87 GN for a spin, T76/T4 1.15AR P trim turbine, 96lb injectors, cam, built TH350 trans, 5k rpm stall with line lock and 2 step, stock block motor never opened, 10.5" DOT drag slicks etc etc etc. Best pass on 16psi boost was 10.81@126.79mph...... Not looking for any races as im just taking a cruise, these 2 punk kids in a C5 keep tailing me, i doubt they were over 18 years old. Finally we come to a light and they keep reving on me, so i get annoyed and hit the 2 step POP POP POP POOOOOOOP, scare the crap out of them while building boost, light turns green im stalled 5k rpm with 10psi of boost, i let them get the launch with them thinking they won but then i let all hell break loose on them and put atleast 15 cars on them by 100. Point is i hate cocky kids in their daddys vettes, dont play with a GN

Sorry i dont street race, havent done it in years or ever plan on it. But today the sh*t hit the fan.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

GNs are super sweet....

What year Cobra? Terminator or not?
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

It was a 04 SVT supercharged.

Quote Originally Posted by MJez View Post
    It was a 04 SVT supercharged.
    Not to notpick, but just saying 04 is enough, (you coulda said 03-04 as well). All Cobras are SVT and all 03-04 Cobras are supercharged.

I was this close, (imagine my fingers eeny weeny together) to buying an 04 Cobra vert... but I soooo wanted the 05+ body style... sometimes I regret the decision... those Terminators are sooooo frickin sweet....
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

Yeah, i know the 03-04s are all supercharged. Just letting some other guys know if they didnt. I almost bought one as well, but i have enough toys as is and i needed a awd car for the snow up here in MI. I hate to race on public streets as well, i shut down at 50mph with the cobra as i saw him owning me. Thats why i built the GN, just for the track.

Yeah, i know the 03-04s are all supercharged. Just letting some other guys know if they didnt. I almost bought one as well, but i have enough toys as is and i needed a awd car for the snow up here in MI. I hate to race on public streets as well, i shut down at 50mph with the cobra as i saw him owning me. Thats why i built the GN, just for the track.

Hey, I understand completely... I bought my 02 WRX when I found out I had orders to Anchorage, Alaska, getting rid of my 99 Cobra, (a very sweet machine for sure). When I found out I was coming back to Arkansas, I made plans... they were almost de-railed by a Labor Day sale when my buddy bought his 04 F-150...

So my 05 is a fast machine... if I had to chose between the two for a road trip, the scoob would win, because the Stang is a bit harsher on the road. Not to mention, that my vert can't make it up my folks driveway without scraping now.

I love the AWD of my scooby... but my vert has SOOO much power... its just... stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Herknav View Post
    Hey, I understand completely... I bought my 02 WRX when I found out I had orders to Anchorage, Alaska, getting rid of my 99 Cobra, (a very sweet machine for sure). When I found out I was coming back to Arkansas, I made plans... they were almost de-railed by a Labor Day sale when my buddy bought his 04 F-150...

So my 05 is a fast machine... if I had to chose between the two for a road trip, the scoob would win, because the Stang is a bit harsher on the road. Not to mention, that my vert can't make it up my folks driveway without scraping now.

I love the AWD of my scooby... but my vert has SOOO much power... its just... stupid.

Yeah i hear ya, i wasent gonna do anything to the sooby either, just keep it stock but you know how that is. AWD is awesome, I have a 04 nissan pathfinder for winter as well, but the wrx is alot more fun in the snow. I have a 69 SS396 camaro, that is sitting in the garage with hole in the block, the GN, and 70 fastback mustang but the mustang is a long project, it needs pretty much everything, 93 infiniti G20 with the driftorific SR20DET but in FWD form. Now i got the sooby to play with heh.
    Last edited by MJez; 11-25-2006 at 08:17 PM.

Yeah i hear ya, i wasent gonna do anything to the sooby either, just keep it stock but you know how that is. AWD is awesome, I have a 04 nissan pathfinder for winter as well, but the wrx is alot more fun in the snow. I have a 69 SS396 camaro, that is sitting in the garage with hole in the block, the GN, and 70 fastback mustang but the mustang is a long project, it needs pretty much everything. Now i got the sooby to play with heh.
    69 Camaro is super sweet... I would keep that thing away from the weather myself... and I love the ducktail spoiler... I even have one for my Stang...

I love my Scooby for the snow now. Not to mention the rainy days.

GN's are great.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Sounds like a sick GN!

I miss my Cobra
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice33 View Post
    I miss my Cobra
    I miss mine too...

I bet we could start a decently sized self-help group, lol
    SOLD:
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

Heh... my current "cure" is to drive my GT...

Quote Originally Posted by Herknav View Post
    Heh... my current "cure" is to drive my GT...

but I am Stangless, and the Evo can only help me so much.

My cure will have to be the GT500 with a 2.8KB, that should do.
    SOLD:
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning

Quote Originally Posted by Juice33 View Post
    My cure will have to be the GT500 with a 2.8KB, that should do.
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.