Damn cobra SVT's, poor C5 vette.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Damn cobra SVT's, poor C5 vette. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Got owned in my stock wagon by a SVT cobra mustang, from a light i pulled on him in 1st ...

Damn cobra SVT's, poor C5 vette.

Got owned in my stock wagon by a SVT cobra mustang, from a light i pulled on him in 1st as he was spinning. Then he went by me like i was sitting still. So i pull up to him at next light and we exchange the thumbs up and i ask him stock? He says it runs 11s, and i bet it does.

So then i come home, its a beautifull day. Decided to take my 87 GN for a spin, T76/T4 1.15AR P trim turbine, 96lb injectors, cam, built TH350 trans, 5k rpm stall with line lock and 2 step, stock block motor never opened, 10.5" DOT drag slicks etc etc etc. Best pass on 16psi boost was 10.81@126.79mph...... Not looking for any races as im just taking a cruise, these 2 punk kids in a C5 keep tailing me, i doubt they were over 18 years old. Finally we come to a light and they keep reving on me, so i get annoyed and hit the 2 step POP POP POP POOOOOOOP, scare the crap out of them while building boost, light turns green im stalled 5k rpm with 10psi of boost, i let them get the launch with them thinking they won but then i let all hell break loose on them and put atleast 15 cars on them by 100. Point is i hate cocky kids in their daddys vettes, dont play with a GN

Sorry i dont street race, havent done it in years or ever plan on it. But today the sh*t hit the fan.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

GNs are super sweet....

What year Cobra? Terminator or not?
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

It was a 04 SVT supercharged.

Quote Originally Posted by MJez View Post
    It was a 04 SVT supercharged.
    Not to notpick, but just saying 04 is enough, (you coulda said 03-04 as well). All Cobras are SVT and all 03-04 Cobras are supercharged.

I was this close, (imagine my fingers eeny weeny together) to buying an 04 Cobra vert... but I soooo wanted the 05+ body style... sometimes I regret the decision... those Terminators are sooooo frickin sweet....
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

Yeah, i know the 03-04s are all supercharged. Just letting some other guys know if they didnt. I almost bought one as well, but i have enough toys as is and i needed a awd car for the snow up here in MI. I hate to race on public streets as well, i shut down at 50mph with the cobra as i saw him owning me. Thats why i built the GN, just for the track.

Yeah, i know the 03-04s are all supercharged. Just letting some other guys know if they didnt. I almost bought one as well, but i have enough toys as is and i needed a awd car for the snow up here in MI. I hate to race on public streets as well, i shut down at 50mph with the cobra as i saw him owning me. Thats why i built the GN, just for the track.

Hey, I understand completely... I bought my 02 WRX when I found out I had orders to Anchorage, Alaska, getting rid of my 99 Cobra, (a very sweet machine for sure). When I found out I was coming back to Arkansas, I made plans... they were almost de-railed by a Labor Day sale when my buddy bought his 04 F-150...

So my 05 is a fast machine... if I had to chose between the two for a road trip, the scoob would win, because the Stang is a bit harsher on the road. Not to mention, that my vert can't make it up my folks driveway without scraping now.

I love the AWD of my scooby... but my vert has SOOO much power... its just... stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Herknav View Post
    Hey, I understand completely... I bought my 02 WRX when I found out I had orders to Anchorage, Alaska, getting rid of my 99 Cobra, (a very sweet machine for sure). When I found out I was coming back to Arkansas, I made plans... they were almost de-railed by a Labor Day sale when my buddy bought his 04 F-150...

So my 05 is a fast machine... if I had to chose between the two for a road trip, the scoob would win, because the Stang is a bit harsher on the road. Not to mention, that my vert can't make it up my folks driveway without scraping now.

I love the AWD of my scooby... but my vert has SOOO much power... its just... stupid.

Yeah i hear ya, i wasent gonna do anything to the sooby either, just keep it stock but you know how that is. AWD is awesome, I have a 04 nissan pathfinder for winter as well, but the wrx is alot more fun in the snow. I have a 69 SS396 camaro, that is sitting in the garage with hole in the block, the GN, and 70 fastback mustang but the mustang is a long project, it needs pretty much everything, 93 infiniti G20 with the driftorific SR20DET but in FWD form. Now i got the sooby to play with heh.
    Last edited by MJez; 11-25-2006 at 08:17 PM.

Yeah i hear ya, i wasent gonna do anything to the sooby either, just keep it stock but you know how that is. AWD is awesome, I have a 04 nissan pathfinder for winter as well, but the wrx is alot more fun in the snow. I have a 69 SS396 camaro, that is sitting in the garage with hole in the block, the GN, and 70 fastback mustang but the mustang is a long project, it needs pretty much everything. Now i got the sooby to play with heh.
    69 Camaro is super sweet... I would keep that thing away from the weather myself... and I love the ducktail spoiler... I even have one for my Stang...

I love my Scooby for the snow now. Not to mention the rainy days.

GN's are great.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Sounds like a sick GN!

I miss my Cobra
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice33 View Post
    I miss my Cobra
    I miss mine too...

I bet we could start a decently sized self-help group, lol
    SOLD:
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

Heh... my current "cure" is to drive my GT...

Quote Originally Posted by Herknav View Post
    Heh... my current "cure" is to drive my GT...

but I am Stangless, and the Evo can only help me so much.

My cure will have to be the GT500 with a 2.8KB, that should do.
    SOLD:
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning

Quote Originally Posted by Juice33 View Post
    My cure will have to be the GT500 with a 2.8KB, that should do.
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast