Damn cobra SVT's, poor C5 vette. - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Damn cobra SVT's, poor C5 vette. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; not to be uber n00b but GN?...

not to be uber n00b but GN?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by airmanhanna View Post
    not to be uber n00b but GN?

Buick Grand National. It is from the 80s. Turboed V6. Ultra-mega-badass car.
    Last edited by Juice33; 12-06-2006 at 09:28 AM.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

Kind of off subject but Im going to be swapping out a caddy 3.2 CTS with a GN motor and tranny. Should be fun.
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

When ever an SVT beats me I just think of him in snow and how much he spends on gas, then I smile.
    Tuned by Jorge at P&L, 240.83whp 239.60wtq at 14.8psi on 2.0L with stock td04 (But doesn't run)

Whatever gets you through those long, lonely nights...
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

nice slap.

Quote Originally Posted by bcyb1029 View Post
    When ever an SVT beats me I just think of him in snow and how much he spends on gas, then I smile.
    I knew a guy that drove his 590 rwhp Cobra year round in Massachusets through snow storms and everything. I thought he was stupid for it but he never had a problem. I guess he used some sick snow tires but the car was fine. Another sad thing to mention is my 466 rwhp Cobra got better gas mileage than my stock Evo. I think something is wrong with the Evo.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Herknav View Post
    DAMN that a nice car !!!
    "Love each other or perish" Morrie Schwartz
    "The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." Morrie Schwartz
    06 crystal grey metallic wrx wagon SOCAL F4 #24
    MY SPACE! Hawk-Eye Alliance #039
    Originally Posted by Speedette
    "modding is a disease...but a positive disease, like Chlamydia!"

Man, that GN story makes me wish I had my 80 Sunbird up here. I've already got the 3.8 in, I just need to set up the turbo stuff. I kind of miss having an over powered rear driver.
    My water heater has a blow off valve.

ah the great stuff, I bet their jaws were somewhere along the floorboards hehehe I love GN's

Quote Originally Posted by MJez View Post
    Got owned in my stock wagon by a SVT cobra mustang, from a light i pulled on him in 1st as he was spinning. Then he went by me like i was sitting still. So i pull up to him at next light and we exchange the thumbs up and i ask him stock? He says it runs 11s, and i bet it does.

So then i come home, its a beautifull day. Decided to take my 87 GN for a spin, T76/T4 1.15AR P trim turbine, 96lb injectors, cam, built TH350 trans, 5k rpm stall with line lock and 2 step, stock block motor never opened, 10.5" DOT drag slicks etc etc etc. Best pass on 16psi boost was 10.81@126.79mph...... Not looking for any races as im just taking a cruise, these 2 punk kids in a C5 keep tailing me, i doubt they were over 18 years old. Finally we come to a light and they keep reving on me, so i get annoyed and hit the 2 step POP POP POP POOOOOOOP, scare the crap out of them while building boost, light turns green im stalled 5k rpm with 10psi of boost, i let them get the launch with them thinking they won but then i let all hell break loose on them and put atleast 15 cars on them by 100. Point is i hate cocky kids in their daddys vettes, dont play with a GN

Sorry i dont street race, havent done it in years or ever plan on it. But today the sh*t hit the fan.
    a lone Honda in a sea of Turbo goodness

Quote Originally Posted by e-merlin View Post
    I kind of miss having an over powered rear driver.
    My stang is sick right now, and I am taking her to get better saturday...

damned right I miss having a blatantly overpowered RWD car...

I love the scoob... but after a month and a half, I miss my mustang...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.