02 WRX vs 05 Legacy GT - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 02 WRX vs 05 Legacy GT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Damn, I'm a little upset I didn't go with the '06 LGT. However, I did save some money for my ...

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    Damn, I'm a little upset I didn't go with the '06 LGT. However, I did save some money for my house buying the '06 WRX. How does the LGT's 2.5L compare with the WRX's 2.5L?

Also, how does the LGT's 5MT compare to the '06 WRX's 5MT?

YBNormal, you seem to know your specs...
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by farBeyondDriven View Post
    Damn, I'm a little upset I didn't go with the '06 LGT. However, I did save some money for my house buying the '06 WRX. How does the LGT's 2.5L compare with the WRX's 2.5L?

Also, how does the LGT's 5MT compare to the '06 WRX's 5MT?

YBNormal, you seem to know your specs...
    Anyone?
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

Subaru's 2.5 is the same across the board, whether in an STi, LGT, and I assume the WRX as well. I don't mean similar -- I mean it's been shown that the STi's shortblock has the same part number as the LGT's.

I don't know how the two 5mt's compare spec-wise but it's safe to say they're both stronger than the original WRX parts were.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by John M View Post
    Subaru's 2.5 is the same across the board, whether in an STi, LGT, and I assume the WRX as well. I don't mean similar -- I mean it's been shown that the STi's shortblock has the same part number as the LGT's.

I don't know how the two 5mt's compare spec-wise but it's safe to say they're both stronger than the original WRX parts were.
    I'd agree with this assessment.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12