Stock WRX vs Lotus Elise - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 41

This is a discussion on Stock WRX vs Lotus Elise within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by cavallino333 Lotus kicks ass. Nice death The insane thing about the Lotus is that it's basicly a ...

  1. #16
    Registered User LegacyMyth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    Lotus kicks ass. Nice death

    The insane thing about the Lotus is that it's basicly a Celica, but way lighter, better chasie, and tuned. They just stay flat in corners it's amazing. And they just accelerate so quick, by the time you get to their speed they're about a mile away. lol Gotta love that insane power:weight

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    Moderator YBNormal07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    6,244
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by LegacyMyth View Post
    The insane thing about the Lotus is that it's basicly a Celica, but way lighter, better chasie, and tuned. They just stay flat in corners it's amazing. And they just accelerate so quick, by the time you get to their speed they're about a mile away. lol Gotta love that insane power:weight

    ummmm....I'm sure you didn't mean it that way, but to say the Lotus is basicly a Celica is an insult. It may have the same engine and tranny, but the rest of the car shares nothing whatsoever with a Toyota. It's a total composite box frame (if that means anything to you) which is extremely hard to manufacture and exotic in it's methods. Shame shame.......
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

  4. #18
    Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    3,814
    Basically a Celica?! I gotta agree with YBNormal, the only thing the two cars have in common is motor and tranny. That's like putting an Enzo's drivetrain in a Civic and saying the Civic is basically an Enzo...


    ...
    *1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

    *2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning

  5. #19
    Registered User 05wrx4U2nv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    maryland
    Posts
    1,128
    i think they are the ugliest cars created other than the fj.i wouldnt buy one if it was 20k.

  6. #20
    Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    3,814
    Quote Originally Posted by 05wrx4U2nv View Post
    i think they are the ugliest cars created other than the fj.i wouldnt buy one if it was 20k.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder... the vast majority of the general public would say a WRX/STi is ugly... I agree that the Elise's exterior is not beautiful by traditional standards, but I judge a car's beauty by performance first, and looks second...
    *1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

    *2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning

  7. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by 05wrx4U2nv View Post
    i think they are the ugliest cars created other than the fj.i wouldnt buy one if it was 20k.
    +1. They are really ugly. The Elise, FJ, and RX8....they all make me throw up a little bit in my mouth.

    I would take an Exige...they look kinda cool.

    And the Elise is basically a Celica (to the other guy....)? Son, you need to get your priorities straight....

  8. #22
    GraysonSubaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    4,686
    The exterior of the Lotus is kinda neat. I dont care much for the interior at all..especially how hard it is to get in and out of.

    we have a local with a red one that thinks he is the stuff, but never will back any talk up.

    i played with one at the dragon a few times. I knew the road better so he couldnt keep up when i let him keep chase. it was a lot of fun though. they are probably the best ones that i look for when i go up because they handle so much better than me, but knowing the road makes up for my car's shortcomings on that road so it is pretty even usually.

    haha a couple weeks ago when i was up there and he and i were running through, a civic and SRT-4 tried to keep chase...i dont know what ever happened to them, we lost them about 5 corners in.

    Ive never driven the lotus but did sit in his. he tells me to drive it, but i just dont really have any interest in one i guess. really hard to get in/out of with the top on.

    there was an awesome black one up there this past weekend. I didnt get to run around with him because of my power steering pump issue that day, but it was definitely the nicest one I had ever seen...black, black wheels, little spoiler. he was running around with a black NSX and yellow Viper.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

  9. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by GraysonSubaru View Post
    The exterior of the Lotus is kinda neat. I dont care much for the interior at all..especially how hard it is to get in and out of.

    we have a local with a red one that thinks he is the stuff, but never will back any talk up.

    i played with one at the dragon a few times. I knew the road better so he couldnt keep up when i let him keep chase. it was a lot of fun though. they are probably the best ones that i look for when i go up because they handle so much better than me, but knowing the road makes up for my car's shortcomings on that road so it is pretty even usually.

    haha a couple weeks ago when i was up there and he and i were running through, a civic and SRT-4 tried to keep chase...i dont know what ever happened to them, we lost them about 5 corners in.

    Ive never driven the lotus but did sit in his. he tells me to drive it, but i just dont really have any interest in one i guess. really hard to get in/out of with the top on.

    there was an awesome black one up there this past weekend. I didnt get to run around with him because of my power steering pump issue that day, but it was definitely the nicest one I had ever seen...black, black wheels, little spoiler. he was running around with a black NSX and yellow Viper.
    What else would you expect from a Honda or a Neon? They're like the "Backstreet Boys" of the automotive world: Laughable.

    I prefer the way the Exige looks to the Elise. They're kinda cool. I'm pretty far from the Dragon, so I've already started planning my trek out there for next year. It's gonna be awesome!

  10. #24
    GraysonSubaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    4,686
    [QUOTE=Flat 4;1749288]What else would you expect from a Honda or a Neon? They're like the "Backstreet Boys" of the automotive world: Laughable.
    QUOTE]

    thats funny.

    the FWD cars may be able to handle pretty well, but with the way the dragon is done, the FWD cars cant get on the gas early enough in the corners to really accelerate out of well without burning off the inside front tire.

    RWD does ok there as long as you are good with throttle control and try to keep it from drifting out on you. drifting on the dragon = crash and/or death

    It seems that AWD vehicles do the best. Daryl from killboy.com has a modified evo that when you take his car with all of the mods along with him knowing the road insanely well (he is there typically 7 days a week), it makes him VERY fast on that road.

    Id love to get a huge meet together there in the spring. that way the weather should be nice. plus if you are from out of town, it can make for a nice weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

  11. #25
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    87
    [QUOTE=GraysonSubaru;1749295]
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat 4 View Post
    What else would you expect from a Honda or a Neon? They're like the "Backstreet Boys" of the automotive world: Laughable.
    QUOTE]

    thats funny.

    the FWD cars may be able to handle pretty well, but with the way the dragon is done, the FWD cars cant get on the gas early enough in the corners to really accelerate out of well without burning off the inside front tire.

    RWD does ok there as long as you are good with throttle control and try to keep it from drifting out on you. drifting on the dragon = crash and/or death

    It seems that AWD vehicles do the best. Daryl from killboy.com has a modified evo that when you take his car with all of the mods along with him knowing the road insanely well (he is there typically 7 days a week), it makes him VERY fast on that road.

    Id love to get a huge meet together there in the spring. that way the weather should be nice. plus if you are from out of town, it can make for a nice weekend.
    A few years ago when I owned my 2002 GTI, this douche pulls up next to me in an SRT-4 with his boy riding shotgun and his hoe riding "b*tch." He just starts revving on me and starts talking all this sh*t about how I drive a "f*ggot car," and all kinds of junk. I hadn't even said a word to the guy. I was just driving down the street! Then his hoe decides to launch a 32oz. Burger King soda at my car. I pulled up next to him and told him to pull over, but he didn't. Instead, he continued to talk sh*t and run his mouth. Not paying attention to the traffic, he didn't notice the red light up ahead, and ended up rear-ending someone. Along the way, I kept taunting him, chanting, "A tisket, a tasket, my f*ggot Neon looks like an Easter basket!"

    Anyway, a few weeks later I saw the guy again and this time he was by himself. I pulled up on him and was like, "Yeah, you ain't got your boys with you now! You wanna throw sodas at my car? Throw'em now, b*tch!" He gets this concerned look on his face, "I DIDN'T THROW NOTHIN'! I DIDN'T THROW NOTHIN'! I'M SORRY, MAN! I'M SORRY, MAN!"

    But yeah, I can't wait to hit the Dragon next season.

  12. #26
    Registered User cavallino333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Campbell CA
    Posts
    11,850
    Quote Originally Posted by LegacyMyth View Post
    The insane thing about the Lotus is that it's basicly a Celica, but way lighter, better chasie, and tuned. They just stay flat in corners it's amazing. And they just accelerate so quick, by the time you get to their speed they're about a mile away. lol Gotta love that insane power:weight


    All you do is flame other cars. First the rants about mustangs now this.



    Back on topic I think the elise looks cool. Very exotic looking.
    Last edited by cavallino333; 11-29-2006 at 10:37 AM.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

  13. #27
    Registered User viperuws's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Algonquin, Illinois
    Posts
    865
    I love the elise. I don't think I would trade my WRX for one unless it was a straight trade and I get to sell it for a STI. I tried sitting in one and I didn't fit too well. No matter how good a car is, if I can't be seated comfortably, I wont buy it. (my Tiburon was pushing the comfort envelope constantly but I didn't have a choice at the time.) Same goes for the 350z I sat in at the autoshow. Maybe there was a better way to adjust the seat but I didn't get much time in it.
    Last edited by viperuws; 11-29-2006 at 11:55 AM.

  14. #28
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post


    All you do is flame other cars. First the rants about mustangs now this.

    Back on topic I think the elise looks cool. Very exotic looking.
    "The insane thing" is that he actually thinks a RWD Lotus platform has anything in common with a FWD Toyota platform.

    Let him flame all he likes. With the statement you quoted, he's done thrown the little credibility he had right out the window.

  15. #29
    Moderator YBNormal07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    6,244
    I Support ClubWRX
    It's all good. I'm sure he meant the tranny and engine...not the entire car. Wait to see if he posts again...I'll bet that is what he meant. No harm, no foul.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

  16. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07 View Post
    It's all good. I'm sure he meant the tranny and engine...not the entire car. Wait to see if he posts again...I'll bet that is what he meant. No harm, no foul.
    I surely hope so! However, Lotus did do the tuning themselves.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •