modded s2000 vs my stage 2 bugeye
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on modded s2000 vs my stage 2 bugeye within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; the other day pulled up next to a nice looking silver s2000 on the highway. we slowed down to about ...

modded s2000 vs my stage 2 bugeye

the other day pulled up next to a nice looking silver s2000 on the highway. we slowed down to about 40ish and had a go...twice. dead even both times. i dont know what he was running, but when we ran the first time i heard a noise and shut down to hear better....it was his v-tech i think...nasty sound .

my mods:
    -invidia 4"-3" DP
    -Cobb AP stage 2
    -short shift
    -shifter bushings
    -steering rack bushings
    -HyperVoltage GT grounding system
    -no AB
    -heavy ass 18s (about twice the weight of stockers)

im ETing at mid/high 13s at 97mph with that setup.
    Objects In Mirror Appear To Be Losing....

MySpace

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good run

There is no shame in a stock turbo wrx losing to a modded S2000. They traps 100-101 stock and with basic bolt on's they can reach 103/104mph traps.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Not to differ the outcome by price, but I don't see why the S2000 is in the mid 30's (I think that's way too over priced), brand new.

I mean, I think you get more "bang for the buck" with the STI or Evo which are in the same price range. I'm talking about functionality, practicality and performance in the picture. I've always tried to figure it out and I just can't seem to see it.

Nice runs though!
    Last edited by Me&05WRX; 11-24-2006 at 12:48 AM.
    I might be back in the market for the new STI sedan!

Quote Originally Posted by Me&05WRX View Post
    Not to differ the outcome by price, but I don't see why the S2000 is in the mid 30's (I think that's way too over priced), brand new.

I mean, I think you get more "bang for the buck" with the STI or Evo which are in the same price range. I'm talking about functionality, practicality and performance in the picture. I've always tried to figure it out and I just can't seem to see it.

Nice runs though!
    They sell pretty well, so Honda must be doing something right, regardless of price.

I do agree they are slightly over-priced, but people might choose one over and STi/Evo because they want a true sports car. And STi/Evo will never have the handling feel of an S2000.... and some people actually prefer watching their motors scream to an 8500rpm redline.

I thought the S2000 was over-priced and over-rated too... Until I drove one.
    Just call me Clark Kent

^^^ Yea, personal preferences and taste are factors in terms of choosing cars. You know, I just recently drove my friend's S2000, but unfortunately, it didn't change my mind about it. The handling was definitely much more nimble due to its body type, but the "go" was like a HUGE turbo lag for me.
    Last edited by Me&05WRX; 11-24-2006 at 10:54 PM.
    I might be back in the market for the new STI sedan!

Quote Originally Posted by Me&05WRX View Post
    The handling was definitely much more nimble due to its body type, but the "go" was like a HUGE turbo lag for me.
    Yeah, I am not sure I could drive on a daily basis due to the lack of torque and having to wait for power, but there is nothing like go through some twisties in that car with vtec fully engaged and never letting your rev's drop below 6,000 rpms. You can basically utilize 6,000rpm's-8,500rpm's through twisties... perfect and beautiful.
    Just call me Clark Kent

I don't think S2000 is over priced at all.

Some people just don't want an ugly car like the WRX/STi/Evo (face it, we have ugly cars), or they want a sporty convertible, or they don't know anything about a WRX/STi/Evo and that is why they choose the S2000. Think about from an average consumers standpoint. If you really don't know anything about the 4 door econo turbo cars, and they (well, the STi & Evo) are priced around the same as the S2000, they will go with the cute drop top probably, their decision, their loss or gain.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

Once again: Anyway, it is overpriced now, yes. But do you really think Honda would lower the price of the car $5k? That would kill the value of the older cars. It's just Honda's way of doing things. Come up with an amazing car where nothing else can touch it and leave it alone forever until it becomes a joke. See: NSX.

In 2000, the S2000 was king. It matched the Boxster S, a car twice as much.
    2006 WRX TR

Strange i would have thought you would have beat him. I ran my friend who has an S2000 we went from the dig and i beat him till 100 and i only had a DP exhaust, and a manual boost contoller.. Now i would rape him.. wonder what he had under the hood....

schoolloans
    Quote Originally Posted by SjpWrx View Post
    Strange i would have thought you would have beat him. I ran my friend who has an S2000 we went from the dig and i beat him till 100 and i only had a DP exhaust, and a manual boost contoller.. Now i would rape him.. wonder what he had under the hood....
    A DP and an MBC at 16 psi is enough to net a low 13 at 100. Often the full boost in 1-2 will give you enough of an edge to outrun a WRX with similar mods and EM.

Quote Originally Posted by WRXreX View Post
    I don't think S2000 is over priced at all.
    right. it's a completely different kind of car
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!
    I have 5 infraction points. What do you have?

S2000 isnt really overpriced.

350Z Roadster and BMW Z4 are its only true competitors and are priced higher.
    Miata has always been underpriced, and the Sky/Solstice are new to the scene so they dont effect the S2K's pricing yet.

Also, the S2000 is hand-built in japan at the NSX plant. Costs a lot to pay craftsmen.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Quote Originally Posted by schoolloans View Post
    A DP and an MBC at 16 psi is enough to net a low 13 at 100. Often the full boost in 1-2 will give you enough of an edge to outrun a WRX with similar mods and EM.
    Actually its the oppisite. Now i have a Ecu-tek Reflash and im much faster then when i had the manual boost controller.

Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT View Post
    S2000 isnt really overpriced.

350Z Roadster and BMW Z4 are its only true competitors and are priced higher.
    Miata has always been underpriced, and the Sky/Solstice are new to the scene so they dont effect the S2K's pricing yet.

Also, the S2000 is hand-built in japan at the NSX plant. Costs a lot to pay craftsmen.
    +1.

Even the Z4 costs considerably more so it is basically the s2000 and 350Z sitting alone in that catagory right. 350Z is for people who want torque and a smooth motor and s2000 is for people who take handling as 100% priority and love to let the rpm's scream.
    Just call me Clark Kent

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.