modded s2000 vs my stage 2 bugeye - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on modded s2000 vs my stage 2 bugeye within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by SjpWrx Strange i would have thought you would have beat him. I ran my friend who has ...

Quote Originally Posted by SjpWrx View Post
    Strange i would have thought you would have beat him. I ran my friend who has an S2000 we went from the dig and i beat him till 100 and i only had a DP exhaust, and a manual boost contoller.. Now i would rape him.. wonder what he had under the hood....
    Well a dig is a different story. I would hope a stage2 powered wrx would take a stock s2000 from a dig. The race in question was from a roll though and in that territory the s2000 has the upper hand. They trap stock what a stage2 wrx does (100-101) and with bolt on's the s2000 was likely running that will put him around 103/104 which is out of reach for a td04 wrx for the most part.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

schoolloans
    Quote Originally Posted by SjpWrx View Post
    Actually its the oppisite. Now i have a Ecu-tek Reflash and im much faster then when i had the manual boost controller.
    Your missing what I"m saying. An OTS map, Cobb, ecu-tek, whichever is obvioulsy more powerful at full boost. in 3rd gear +, there's no contest...

What I'm saying is that normally, an OTS mao doesn't allow you to see full boost in 1st and 2nd gear. This can give an MBC a big advantage early on given their instant boost building.

You rarely see a 13.1-13.2 from an OTS "stage 2" car these days. Back in 02, when guys were just running an MBC and a TBE, you'd see 13.1's at 100+ all the time. All the while only putting down about 200-210 whp, a good bit less then the same setup with EM puts down.

The reason the under powered cars were outrunning EM equiped cars in the 1/4? Full instant boost in teh lower gears.

Of course my Cobb reflash DESTROYS my old BC/TBE setup on the highway. From a dead stop though...there is little as entertaining and downright violent in 1st and 2nd gear as an MBC equiped car.

I wouldn't trade in the power for the quick spool of course, but beware...below about 100, an MBC/TBE equipped car isn't going to get pulled an inch on a "stage II" setup from a dig. There's a full year of time slips to show it as well.
    Last edited by schoolloans; 12-01-2006 at 12:23 PM.

when my car had just MBC/TBE, it felt as fast or even faster in 2nd gear compared to OTS stage 2 or protuned stage 4 setup.

BPU S2000 will not trap as high as 103-104mph.

Quote Originally Posted by schoolloans View Post

You rarely see a 13.1-13.2 from an OTS "stage 2" car these days. Back in 02, when guys were just running an MBC and a TBE, you'd see 13.1's at 100+ all the time. All the while only putting down about 200-210 whp, a good bit less then the same setup with EM puts down.
    +1.

When my wrx was running tbe+up+mbc I ran a 13.3 @ 101 and at the time I was able to take stage2 wrx's using ECU. And from personal driving experiences the first, second gears felt stronger with the MBC than ECU.

However, the ECU setup has more consistant topend and is obviously much more reliable. This post is not to condone MBC. You are much better off going ECU, but I totally understand what people say about the MBC being faster than stage2 because I tested it.
    Just call me Clark Kent

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    +1.

Even the Z4 costs considerably more so it is basically the s2000 and 350Z sitting alone in that catagory right. 350Z is for people who want torque and a smooth motor and s2000 is for people who take handling as 100% priority and love to let the rpm's scream.

Thats a good point, the 350Z roadster is kind over priced IMO $35K-40K, the S2k is quite a bit cheaper in most cases. Part of it is because the roadster comes with alot of things that are optional on the coupe, you can get a base model Z but not a base model roadster. I drove one and it felt very different from the coupe, and not in a good way. I kept comparing the S2000 to the coupe but it really isn't a fair comparison for someone who is looking strictly for a roadster.
    Last edited by cavallino333; 12-02-2006 at 04:51 PM.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    Thats a good point, the 350Z roadster is kind over priced IMO $35K-40K, the S2k is quite a bit cheaper in most cases. Part of it is because the roadster comes with alot of things that are optional on the coupe, you can get a base model Z but not a base model roadster. I drove one and it felt very different from the coupe, and not in a good way. I kept comparing the S2000 to the coupe but it really isn't a fair comparison for someone who is looking strictly for a roadster.
    Yeah, I road in a 350Z roadster convt. and was THOROUGHLY unimpressed.

However, I have driven 350Z coupes and I like the car a lot. Hard to imagine the convt. being so different. And for the price they want, it is not even close to be worth it IMO unless you are a woman who want a "showy" convertable and cannot afford a Boxster or SL55.
    Just call me Clark Kent

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.