b16 crx hatch vs stock 05 wrx
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on b16 crx hatch vs stock 05 wrx within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; raced my friends stripped down b16 swap crx hatch. Went from a roll (60mph) on the freeway and i walked ...

b16 crx hatch vs stock 05 wrx

raced my friends stripped down b16 swap crx hatch. Went from a roll (60mph) on the freeway and i walked him like nothing. From a stop i beat him by like 2 buslengths. His mods are b16 swap, headers, CAI, exhaust, stripped down. My mods are turboxs catback and with a 300 pound passanger. He thought his car was fast because it had a swap and it was stripped with his mods. Guess he was wrong.
    2005 Ubaru Impreza WRX Sedan Crystal Grey Metallic
    Mods: In my profile
    http://www.myspace.com/scottycruz

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

humm not bad can he drive? and whats done to the REX?what exactly does stripped liek back seats and carpet or the whole shibang? but either way goodjob your just lucky he doesnt have a TypeR head and a b18 setup on it. or like a h22 hatch civic, well good kill

Quote Originally Posted by maxboosted View Post
    humm not bad can he drive? and whats done to the REX?what exactly does stripped liek back seats and carpet or the whole shibang? but either way goodjob your just lucky he doesnt have a TypeR head and a b18 setup on it. or like a h22 hatch civic, well good kill
    +1

I raced a guy in a nice looking hatch with a h22 a few weeks ago and he was right beside me from like 40-90. I was pretty impressed.
    2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L Belize Blue Pearl

2000 Yamaha R6
    10.123 At 131.9mph (Dyno Drags)
    111.1hp@wheel

2002 Aspen White 5MT WRX - Sold

a b16 crx is good for low 15's..... whoopy!

crx's dont have back seats

and I think you're talking about the poor man's typeR, which would be a b16 head and a b18a/b block... which still couldnt have taken a stock wrx unless it had more than the ls/vtec and boltons
    Last edited by $lick Rick; 11-22-2006 at 08:10 PM.

im talking about the b18a with a type r head and a full strip inside, from a roll in a b18a with even a small turbo at maybe 7psi would kill a stock wrx/ possibly a mildly modded one considering who is driving and what the terms are, and cost 3times less but,in the end of the night the civic will still be a civic

anycar can be fast its just that many people dont understand how to make them fast and dont understand the reason why other cars are faster or viceversa

but i understand what your saying on the about the crx and the backseat but i was talking a bout a civic hatch . a civic hatch with a k20 or maybe a bolt-on h22 will be a easy 12's to low 13's car with very little invested. but for the b16 crx yes its slow haha but i understand were your coming from

14.4 stock vs low 15's with"driver mod"

SUBARU 4 LIFE

im talking about the b18a with a type r head and a full strip inside, from a roll in a b18a with even a small turbo at maybe 7psi would kill a stock wrx/ possibly a mildly modded one considering who is driving and what the terms are, and cost 3times less but,in the end of the night the civic will still be a civic

anycar can be fast its just that many people dont understand how to make them fast and dont understand the reason why other cars are faster or viceversa

but i understand what your saying on the about the crx and the backseat but i was talking a bout a civic hatch . a civic hatch with a k20 or maybe a bolt-on h22 will be a easy 12's to low 13's car with very little invested. but for the b16 crx yes its slow haha but i understand were your coming from

14.4 stock vs low 15's with"driver mod"

SUBARU 4 LIFE
    b16 and b18cR heads are the same cast, but the itr head has a 3 angle valve job and is 5x+ more expensive lol
    never heard of anyone doing an itr head, allot more money for the same results

a 5th gen hatch with a k20 and boltons can run high 12's, but it's going to run you $7k in parts alone for the swap, boltons are extra
    h22's in a 5th gen hatch is good for 13's, but the swap is kind of a PITA

this kid is going to have one hell of a civic when he's done
    http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=89156
    BUILT h22 with a big turbo in a civic hatch that is going to be show quality. he's aiming for 600whp

my car is basically stock. BTW im not even a good driver. The best I ran was a 15.2 @ 89 mph with a 2.0 60ft at the local drag strip.
    2005 Ubaru Impreza WRX Sedan Crystal Grey Metallic
    Mods: In my profile
    http://www.myspace.com/scottycruz

No surprises here. It was only a bolt on B16 crx. It makes big improvements over stock, but in the long run it is still only good for lower 15's. It is when you move into the B18's and H22's that you have to worry about your wrx losing.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I dont know much about hondas but why does it seem like it's easier to get a honda well over 400 hp than it is to get a subaru there?

Because there is a lot of rice in this world
    Vag-eye Militia #1
    Military Militia #3

Quote Originally Posted by WRXED06 View Post
    Because there is a lot of rice in this world
    that makes no sense... unless you concider making large amounts of whp rice

the simple answer is because honda makes good engines
    high compression + pretty strong block + moderate amount of boost = easy and cheap hp

though for 400hp you'd probably want to get the block sleeved

well it sounds like I didn't to as bad as I thought for that H22 hatch to be about even with me. Frumaroll
    2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L Belize Blue Pearl

2000 Yamaha R6
    10.123 At 131.9mph (Dyno Drags)
    111.1hp@wheel

2002 Aspen White 5MT WRX - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by scotts05 View Post
    my car is basically stock. BTW im not even a good driver. The best I ran was a 15.2 @ 89 mph with a 2.0 60ft at the local drag strip.
    Judging by your 15.2 @ 89 mph, if you only beat him by 2 bus-lengths, I'd have to give credit to the Honda. It was pretty quick!

Quote Originally Posted by Damien83 View Post
    I dont know much about hondas but why does it seem like it's easier to get a honda well over 400 hp than it is to get a subaru there?
    Actually, not many honda's go near the 400whp mark. At that point, it is basically useless because of traction issues. However, if you are refering to why is it so easy to make a honda fast over a subaru, that is because of (1) great engines and (2) low weight.

Properly modded hondas have an excellent power/weight ratio.
    A honda hatch with a B18C1 (GSR motor) and bolt on's to accompany can be a 13sec car with 105mph traps (same goes for H22 and KA motors) even thought the car is only making like 190whp. You must remember though, hatches only weigh about 2,400lbs. And then once you throw boost in the equation, you can have a B18 LS block that is boosted and making 260whp+ and with the proper tires the car is good for 12's.

With hondas it is about good engineering, great power to weight ratio's and easy platform (motor) sharing/swapping.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    Actually, not many honda's go near the 400whp mark. At that point, it is basically useless because of traction issues. However, if you are refering to why is it so easy to make a honda fast over a subaru, that is because of (1) great engines and (2) low weight.

Properly modded hondas have an excellent power/weight ratio.
    A honda hatch with a B18C1 (GSR motor) and bolt on's to accompany can be a 13sec car with 105mph traps (same goes for H22 and KA motors) even thought the car is only making like 190whp. You must remember though, hatches only weigh about 2,400lbs. And then once you throw boost in the equation, you can have a B18 LS block that is boosted and making 260whp+ and with the proper tires the car is good for 12's.

With hondas it is about good engineering, great power to weight ratio's and easy platform (motor) sharing/swapping.
    No doubt a great power/weight ratio, but it's still FWD, and torque-steer is gonna be the special of the day.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.