'07 TC 5spd vs RB20DET 240SX? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on '07 TC 5spd vs RB20DET 240SX? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Seattle206 nope, all of his car is stock other than the rb20, fmic, bov, intake are the ...

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle206 View Post
    nope, all of his car is stock other than the rb20, fmic, bov, intake are the only mods he has. he has stock rims, suspension, and all of that. everything is stock on his car.

as for me racing him, i'll race him if i know the area is safe i'll wait until spring when our tracks open.

now my friend with the tc who originally posted this on yoursciontc.com has had mixed reviews and how wants to delay the race until spring. the friend with the tc is angry cause of all the smack talk the tc guy has given.

btw. very nice silvia. i want.
    lol he has alot to do as hp and no suspension work will result in Traction issues . good choice on finding a safe place to race. does he have a bc or injectors? have any pics of his car k later

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    maxboosted, that is a very nice silvia, where did you end up finding that little gem. Looks hella clean as well for its age.

i picked up the car up the stevenson express way. it was in IL. about 4 hours from me in michgan. but thanks for the comment

Nice Silvia!

How is it driving a RHD car on a daily basis?
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

not bad just right hand turns are some times hard and when like my wife is with me i need her to tell me when its clear but the car is driven mainly on track day's ohiodrifting.com and projectaspec.com
    but its fun to see peoples reactions

Quote Originally Posted by maxboosted View Post
    the car pictured in the picture is my new silvia not the one i built and no i did not use the stock manifold. I had the manifold from peakboost with a t3 flange. The rb20 for a race motor is not exactly a real competitor when your talking about being against the rb25 and sr20 or a stroked sr2.2l. but you have my car confused with my 96 usdm 240. the silvia in the pic has tomei cams and cam gears 264/272, sard 800 cc injectors, tomei rocker arm stoppers, and and a tomei tuned ecu,hks boost controller. "of course the car has a full exhaust and a hks BC. but its cool doesnt matter to me everyone one can have their own opinion. nissan will always be my first love
    Haha reading is fundamental, sorry for jumping the gun.

Registered User project_skyline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHPAW View Post
    The original poster said the car had a Skyline motor, in post #1... people are questioning whether it is really an SR20DETT.
    NO.

I said it wasn't a skyline motor as the author said.

THey don't even make a SR20DETT!

The SR20DET wasn't even put in a skyline thus its not a skyline motor nor is it a sr20dett because none such exists.

And last, nobody puts the rb20 in 240's.

Oh ya, very nice rhd 240... those cars are sexy leet.

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by project_skyline View Post
    NO.

I said it wasn't a skyline motor as the author said.

THey don't even make a SR20DETT!

The SR20DET wasn't even put in a skyline thus its not a skyline motor nor is it a sr20dett because none such exists.

And last, nobody puts the rb20 in 240's.

Oh ya, very nice rhd 240... those cars are sexy leet.

Ok, my mistake, I threw in an extra "T", I'll be the first to admit, I'm no Nissan expert. My point is , in post #1, he says the car has a "Skyline motor" swap...

91' 240SX fast-back 5spd
    RB20DET skyline
    Front-Mount intercooler
    short ram intake
    BOV.
    and the rest of his car is stock.

Several posts later, people are questioning whether it's really an SR20 motor...

I'm no Nissan nut but, are you sure it's not a SR20 red top? (From a Silvia)

...and you're telling me "NO", why...?
    *1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by MJez View Post
    Haha reading is fundamental, sorry for jumping the gun.
    how far from detroit are you?

and its ok happens to everyone

Im 180 miles straight west on I94 from detroit, pretty much on lake michigan. But i do go up there few times a month.

TC's are dirt slow... unless you do big turbo power and somehow find traction. Saw a TRD supercharged one with bolt ons do low 15's... definitely not the way to go.

RB swaps in 240's are very straightforward swaps and it has been done many times before. an RB20DET is pretty worthless... most people i know just toss them, so maybe this kid chose that to do it on the cheap.

In any case, most swapped 240's I've seen were done poorly and not running right. (and i'm in So Cal) Chances are that this car is troubled with boost leaks and other problems. Slow, it very well could be, but the Scion TC is slow. Could this be the world's saddest planned street race on our hands here?

Quote Originally Posted by SonicYellowWRX View Post
    TC's are dirt slow... unless you do big turbo power and somehow find traction. Saw a TRD supercharged one with bolt ons do low 15's... definitely not the way to go.
    Yeah, I ran a TRD s/c'd tC a while back my rex was only TBE and even then he didn't stand a chance.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by SonicYellowWRX View Post

RB swaps in 240's are very straightforward swaps and it has been done many times before. an RB20DET is pretty worthless... most people i know just toss them, so maybe this kid chose that to do it on the cheap.

In any case, most swapped 240's I've seen were done poorly and not running right. (and i'm in So Cal) Chances are that this car is troubled with boost leaks and other problems. Slow, it very well could be, but the Scion TC is slow. Could this be the world's saddest planned street race on our hands here?

+1,000,000 haha
    for the rb20 being a POS
    +1 for this is the most saddest planned Street Race
    +1 for most swapped 240s being POS's

werd

YES, for the record, my friends 240 is a RB20DET! not a SR20DET!

he thinks its fast, I've driven it and sat in it a billion times are I do not think its fast at all. It is just an average car with a below average engine, the only good thing you can get out of it is it's a "SKYLINE ENGINE". it might not even be a skyline engine it couldve been from a pos 80's nissan.

Registered User SixDaysToSunday's Avatar
    Please tell them not to do it. I'm afraid between the crappily swapped Nissan and the dirt slow tC that they will both die.

Really.

It's the truth as stated above; World's saddest street race
    2010 WRX: "Archer"
    #2127 of the Stinkeye Mob
    Honorary Member of the Hawkeye Alliance
    Give it up for the boys in Blue, USAF; 3H071
    Jack T, also known as BOOSTPUNK on Buffaloscooby

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast