'07 TC 5spd vs RB20DET 240SX? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on '07 TC 5spd vs RB20DET 240SX? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; me own a scion tc? no, my friend does. he works at uwaj in chinatown....

me own a scion tc?

no, my friend does. he works at uwaj in chinatown.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

here's a pic of my friends tc and thats my crystal gray 06 wrx.

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle206 View Post
    here's a pic of my friends tc and thats my crystal gray 06 wrx.
    I like the looks of the TC but i like the wrx better..
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Subie do View Post
    Who said anything about a SR20 being a Skyline motor? .....

The original poster said the car had a Skyline motor, in post #1... people are questioning whether it is really an SR20DETT.

I own a 2005 tC auto (my wifes car) and it cant even hang with my friends '05 2.5RS. Tell your buddy to stick to racing non-vtec Civics. Ricers...
    *1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD

TCs look nice but they are slow. My gf's friend had one and he raced us when we were in a late 80's blazer full of people and it was dead even. I was disappointed. I dont know the cost but maybe they are a good buy?

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Damien83 View Post
    TCs look nice but they are slow. My gf's friend had one and he raced us when we were in a late 80's blazer full of people and it was dead even. I was disappointed. I dont know the cost but maybe they are a good buy?
    They are definately a good buy. $16K and change for a 5 speed and $17k and change for an auto... you get quite a bit of car for the money. I chose this car for my wife over the Civic coupe for a lot of reasons...
    *1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle206 View Post
    me own a scion tc?

no, my friend does. he works at uwaj in chinatown.
    My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHPAW View Post
    The original poster said the car had a Skyline motor, in post #1... people are questioning whether it is really an SR20DETT.
    Like me.

Darn Kids!

I have driven a TC 5speed and it was slow! My neighbor has one and it is alright and extremely practical for driving, but come on...I drove a 5speed Impreza and it was faster - even without the AWD launch! I come from a 2000 civic, so maybe I am biased from switching to an 06 WRX. Plus, I notice that my car continually pulls after like 6300rpms.

Dude, that 240 must have some balls if it is actually a skyline motor swap.
    Isnt that what they used in Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift for the Mustang?
    Cobb Stage 2 - 2006 OBP WRX Sedan Hawkeye Alliance #12 Modifier's Anonymous Roll Call #2
    My Baby -> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2493032/1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    omfg... you made me think you lost your little peter or something with a thread title like that...
    Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx View Post
    if you think about it, bugeyes sorta resemble boobs.

From the research I've done in the past regarding the TRD s/c on tC's, there's no way in hell. If that's in any way a clean running RB swap of just about any kind, the tC will get smoked hard, especially from a dig. Hell, a well tuned NA KA24 240sx could probably beat it in the quarter, just by nature of being right wheel drive.

Despite the current popularity of drifting, and subsequent popularity of the 240sx, there's a reason why people buy those cars. There fairly light, good handling cars, and peppy even with the stock KA engine. With a good SR or RB swap, they're downright monsters, fairly easily throwing down 300+whp with light tuning.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Subie do View Post
    Like me.
    He was pretty specific, so it probably is an RB20DET

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_RB_engine#RB20
    Dirty Jersey
    Part-Time Grammar Nazi
    RIP- '02 PSM Wagon
    08 Candy White MK5 GTI 6spd

Moderator:Tri-State and Transmission & AWD forums

ok i guess its time for me to give insight to your buddy i have a 96 nissan with s14 blacktop sr20(det) not twin turbo , i am pretty sure someone said TT but anyways, my 240 has a DP,BC 24psi, 20g, and injectors with all the other mods to support that. the car puts a very conservative 425Crank and about 380 or so at the wheels according to the dyno jet. on just 17psi boost with my car stock with just the apexi power fc pro-tune intercooler, full turboback and invidia DP, my car was just over 300hp. the RB20det is a turd and if he infact does have one, it is like the bas turd child of the nissan family and by no means has very much potential let alone beat sti's or even the wrx? you should race him to , in fact the rb stock hardly makes 215 hp at the crank and by his list of mods he should be around maybe 260hp flywheel and about 240 at most to the RW. here is the numbers for a stock RB20DET:
    RB20DET red top
    1986-1987: 178bhp (NICS version)
    1988-1989: 190bhp (ECCS version)
    RB20DET silver top
    1989 onwards: 215bhp

now for my insight on the race
    nissan>scion
    rb20 240 is no better then a mid 14 car maybe low but the tc is slow and will still lose even though the 240 is also not very fast, like i said take your wrx against him and smoke him
    the tc has very little torque and remember toque is what gets the car moving from a roll and if they are going to go from a roll even just weight difference will be enough to win the race "horsepower and torque to weight ratio" the 240 will win but, and i do mean but if the tc's driver is as good as he says he is he will still watch the fireworks from the 240 as it pulls and pulls on him. . but if the car had a real potentialy monster motor like the RB25det which is very popular being that sr20's are becoming harder to find in good condition since most of them are redtops from mid 80's early 90's along with the rb20. the rb25>sr20/rb20 in power from stock, but the sr20 has a larger Aftermarket, due to it's popularity in drifting and time attack events.

ok im going to sut up now but your friend with the TC has no chance and you friend in the RB20 240 should come to ohio or detroit and see some real nissans , but you my friend should take your Scooby and smoke them both . ok take care and post a video when you have one and keep us all posted on what happens
    later,
    Waseem

btw does the kid in the 240 have a lsd or any suspension work or different tires? because if he has a open lsd with some skinny 7inch wide tires from ebay he could lose due to traction issues.

ok im done haha

its hard to tell boostleak, traction, driver, could be close

well anyways here is a pic of my new s14 i picked up 2 months ago its a 1994 jdm s14

this the day i picked her up from chicago enjoy and goodluck later guys

^^^ Im sorry but how did you get a 20G on a stock manifold with a T2 flange?????????? 425 crank hp on a T25?, even S15 GT28R? Thats a bone stock SR20DET. Sorry. The RB20 is not a turd, it may be out of date yes, but it can still perform. It has a T3 with a super 60 like compressor. All it needs it is a FMIC with some decent piping and exhaust, 18psi and you have a 300hp car. Lets see a T25 SR put down more than 240whp at 15psi, which is a lil bit to much for a stock T25.

Ive played with SR20s for over 10 years, in FWD form before all this drifting bull **** started and everybody started buying 240s. My Infiniti G20 has put down 441whp on a untouched stock DET with 740cc NISMOs, GTi-R pulsar ecu, and SAFC, with a T67/T3.

btw does the kid in the 240 have a lsd or any suspension work or different tires? because if he has a open lsd with some skinny 7inch wide tires from ebay he could lose due to traction issues.
    nope, all of his car is stock other than the rb20, fmic, bov, intake are the only mods he has. he has stock rims, suspension, and all of that. everything is stock on his car.

as for me racing him, i'll race him if i know the area is safe i'll wait until spring when our tracks open.

now my friend with the tc who originally posted this on yoursciontc.com has had mixed reviews and how wants to delay the race until spring. the friend with the 240 is angry cause of all the smack talk the tc guy has given.

btw. very nice silvia. i want.
    Last edited by Seattle206; 11-23-2006 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MJez View Post
    ^^^ Im sorry but how did you get a 20G on a stock manifold with a T2 flange?????????? 425 crank hp on a T25?, even S15 GT28R? Thats a bone stock SR20DET. Sorry. The RB20 is not a turd, it may be out of date yes, but it can still perform. It has a T3 with a super 60 like compressor. All it needs it is a FMIC with some decent piping and exhaust, 18psi and you have a 300hp car. Lets see a T25 SR put down more than 240whp at 15psi, which is a lil bit to much for a stock T25.

Ive played with SR20s for over 10 years, in FWD form before all this drifting bull **** started and everybody started buying 240s. My Infiniti G20 has put down 441whp on a untouched stock DET with 740cc NISMOs, GTi-R pulsar ecu, and SAFC, with a T67/T3.
    the car pictured in the picture is my new silvia not the one i built and no i did not use the stock manifold. I had the manifold from peakboost with a t3 flange. The rb20 for a race motor is not exactly a real competitor when your talking about being against the rb25 and sr20 or a stroked sr2.2l. but you have my car confused with my 96 usdm 240. the silvia in the pic has tomei cams and cam gears 264/272, sard 800 cc injectors, tomei rocker arm stoppers, and and a tomei tuned ecu,hks boost controller. "of course the car has a full exhaust and a hks BC. but its cool doesnt matter to me everyone one can have their own opinion. nissan will always be my first love

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.