New Mustang commercial (vs sti?) - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

This is a discussion on New Mustang commercial (vs sti?) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; that com was crap. A kid being intimidated by an adult to street race. Good job promoting that message to ...

that com was crap. A kid being intimidated by an adult to street race. Good job promoting that message to kids

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wow, that commerical was complete crap. Ford owners should be ashamed of that! "badest, best motors on the planet"
    It's a freaking mustang GT v8.... Not even CLOSE to being one of the best motors out there. I wouldn't even consider an LS1 as one of the best motors on the planet and an LS1 ownz the hell out of a GT v8.

Either way, that commercial was made for Texas people, and we all know how they think
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    Either way, that commercial was made for Texas people, and we all know how they think
    Steers and Queers?

Quote Originally Posted by afbluesv1k View Post
    Steers and Queers?

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    Wow, that commerical was complete crap. Ford owners should be ashamed of that! "badest, best motors on the planet"
    It's a freaking mustang GT v8.... Not even CLOSE to being one of the best motors out there. I wouldn't even consider an LS1 as one of the best motors on the planet and an LS1 ownz the hell out of a GT v8.

well I think the commercial was aimed at adults rather than kids. That Subaru motor isn't one of the best out there either - if this commercial was really about best motors they'd have an accord and a Camry sitting next to eachother.

...and Ford doesn't make an LS1 - so why the hell would they advertise one? I think you missed the whole point of the commercial - its purpose is not to get a bunch of Subaru fanboi's fired up, it purpose is to sell Mustangs.

Mustangs = teh suck for implying that Subaru's aren't the best cars ever made. Heck I bet a properly modded Subaru could even beat an SRT-4 (ok...I KNOW I'm going to get flamed for saying that).

...and nice prejudiced statement at the end there...I'm sure everyone in Texas is exactly like that...and everyone who watches Smallville is gay.

hey, I understand how a commercial claiming that another car is cooler than yours can get your panties all in a bunch when the only commercials YOUR car gets have a guy who rides bicycles and only has one nut.
    Last edited by blarg; 11-15-2006 at 11:04 AM.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    I had a '95 Mustang GT, my mom currently has an newer Expedition. The only 2 Fords I ever had experience with and they were both lemons. My mom drives her Expedition like a grandmom b/c she's 52 years old and her flywheel, heater core and a few relays went before 60k miles. As for my Mustang, the auto tranny starting slipping around 55k miles. Just my experience with Fords.

However, the new GT is no slouch and hopefully it's more reliable then their past vehicles. There was a brand new Mustang GT at the track last week that ran almost a 12 flat (12.1 @ ~115mph) when he was next to me. It had SCT badging (not decals but a chrome badge), it also had a different front lip or entire front bumper along with a rear diffuser connected to or part of the rear bumper. I know SCT makes reflashes for Mustang ECU's but this thing had to be supercharged, too. It also had drag radials. Is there any special SCT edition GT that came out recently?
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

There are no SCT specials, likely the car was SCT tuned, (probably dyno-tuned). It probable also had a chin spoiler of some type like these.

At 12 flat and 115 it has some sort of power-adder, thats for sure. Did you not notice a whine? Was he purging?
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

Quote Originally Posted by Herknav View Post
    There are no SCT specials, likely the car was SCT tuned, (probably dyno-tuned). It probable also had a chin spoiler of some type like these.

At 12 flat and 115 it has some sort of power-adder, thats for sure. Did you not notice a whine? Was he purging?
    teh SRT-4 motor swap ....or maybe just a turbo from a GNX.
    go f*** yourself

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    I thought it was silly.
    Agreed! this commerical was just plain lame.. as is FORD. They wonder why their sales are through the floor, Plastic crap cars with no ingenuity. Their interiors are about as boring as watching paint dry. If your going to make a car that is absoutly that boring inside and out it better perform out of the box as well as a compeitor that cost twice as much.

new MUSTANG GT = same old boring ford
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

I love lamp.

The first car I ever drove was a V6 mustang.

To be fair Subaru isn't above this stuff either. There was a newspaper add proclaiming that the Forester FXT with 4 people and 2 doggs in it was faster than a 350Z which is not true. Moral of the story all car companys have BS commercials. Except Ferrari because they don't advertise.
    Last edited by cavallino333; 11-15-2006 at 12:24 PM.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Quote Originally Posted by enash99 View Post
    Agreed! this commerical was just plain lame.. as is FORD. They wonder why their sales are through the floor, Plastic crap cars with no ingenuity. Their interiors are about as boring as watching paint dry. If your going to make a car that is absoutly that boring inside and out it better perform out of the box as well as a compeitor that cost twice as much.

new MUSTANG GT = same old boring ford
    the same could be said of Subaru.

lets have a look at the allmighty Subaru -

Sales through the floor? - Check! (Subaru's aren't exactly flying out of the showroom, and Ford sells more Mustangs than all Subaru's combined)
    Plastic crap interior? - check! (a classic since 2001)
    no ingenuity? - check! (unless you consider re-designed cup-holders "ingenuity"...otherwise, why mess with a "classic")
    borring interior? - check! (although if they paid more attention to how their paint dries maybe it would come off so easily)
    out-performs $50k sports cars? - big red "X" (A WRX won't even out-perform a same-priced GT).

...and if you're going to compare the top-of-the-line sti's, you should be comparing them to top-of-the-line GT500's
    Last edited by blarg; 11-15-2006 at 12:54 PM.
    go f*** yourself

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg View Post
    the same could be said of Subaru.
    It seems all this less-then-love for the Mustangs/Ford, really DOES get under your skin, doesn't it.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    It seems all this less-then-love for the Mustangs/Ford, really DOES get under your skin, doesn't it.
    meh. Just bugs me when people say something dumb that applies just as well to them as to whatever they're trying to put down.

its just a commercial people! all commercials lie. get over yourselves.
    Last edited by blarg; 11-15-2006 at 12:55 PM.
    go f*** yourself

Registered User SixDaysToSunday's Avatar
    BMW 335i > Ford Mustang

2010 WRX: "Archer"
    #2127 of the Stinkeye Mob
    Honorary Member of the Hawkeye Alliance
    Give it up for the boys in Blue, USAF; 3H071
    Jack T, also known as BOOSTPUNK on Buffaloscooby

Quote Originally Posted by blarg View Post
    well I think the commercial was aimed at adults rather than kids. That Subaru motor isn't one of the best out there either - if this commercial was really about best motors they'd have an accord and a Camry sitting next to eachother.

...and Ford doesn't make an LS1 - so why the hell would they advertise one? I think you missed the whole point of the commercial - its purpose is not to get a bunch of Subaru fanboi's fired up, it purpose is to sell Mustangs.

Mustangs = teh suck for implying that Subaru's aren't the best cars ever made. Heck I bet a properly modded Subaru could even beat an SRT-4 (ok...I KNOW I'm going to get flamed for saying that).

...and nice prejudiced statement at the end there...I'm sure everyone in Texas is exactly like that...and everyone who watches Smallville is gay.

hey, I understand how a commercial claiming that another car is cooler than yours can get your panties all in a bunch when the only commercials YOUR car gets have a guy who rides bicycles and only has one nut.

You are being rather blind and irrational here Blarg.

I never stated that subaru was better, I never stated that mustang = teh crap, or anything of the sort. I am of, if not the most unbias person on the board and always give others cars a fair chance... and if memory serves I stood up for your mustang purchase when others were down talking it.

My only problem with the commercial was that (1) It seemed immature (2) It states the motor being one of the best on the planet... which is FAR from true... but I never said the subaru motor was any better.. You just implied I was saying that for some reason unknown to me (3) Why does ford have to compensate with such ridiculous commercials. Their goal is to sell cars, this I understand. But the majority of people that view this are likely to see this as Ford exposing themselves in a negative light. (much like most people here see it as).

This has nothing to do with being about subaru. The other car could have been a modded civic or a vw gti for all I care... I still would have thought the same about the commercial.

Lastly, statement about Texas was a joke. I dont like this new found panties in a bundle attitude you develop whenever a stang-involved thread is brought up.
    Lighten up and stop making assumption and blindly implying things about other members intentions that just are not there.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.