05 wrx vs. 07 eclipse gt??
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 05 wrx vs. 07 eclipse gt?? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; what do you guys think will win.. an 05 manual wrx with an hks catback or an 07 autostick eclipse ...

05 wrx vs. 07 eclipse gt??

what do you guys think will win.. an 05 manual wrx with an hks catback or an 07 autostick eclipse gt in a 1/4 mile race?? im thinkin the wrx. could i be wrong?? specs favor the wrx from what ive seen in the 0-60 and 1/4 mile areas..

p.s. how many hp would a wrx have with an ap, up pipe, down pipe, and catback have?? 1/4 mile?? jw..

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

the cat back does nothing

the other mods would make it a stg 2 wrx making around 280hp at the crank.

if the eclipse is auto itll slow its launch in the 1/4 but i think those have about 265 hp so its trap will be good. good driving u might keep it close but im giving it to the eclipse. but i feel sick so im not researching that at all.

the eclipse comes w/ 263hp @ the crank
    the wrx comes w/ 230hp @ the crank
    w/ thoes mods i think you should have something like 280 @ the crank like vr6 said...
    my cousin has one of thoes 07 junks and i race him all the time in my wrx and it all comes down on how fast i shift through the gears pretty much( the rex is still stock btw)...i always get him on the jump... then again he dosent know how to drive so

well i guess what im trying to say is w/ thoes mods you should be able to take him

WRX FTW
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Driver's race...if either driver can't launch, the other will win. Assuming equal drivers, it should be about even at the end of the quarter.
    2013 WRX SWP

Not sure about the auto, but the Manual GT runs a 14.0 1/4mi stock at a higher trap than the EJ20T WRX.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

for a true stg II or close to it you would also need some sort of EM or MBC...otherwise your not going to be making 280
    <<<<<<<< LOOK AT MY NAME!!! lol
    COBB stg II

Quote Originally Posted by adWRXi View Post
    p.s. how many hp would a wrx have with an ap, up pipe, down pipe, and catback have?? 1/4 mile?? jw..
    224whp.

Quote Originally Posted by jugger View Post
    for a true stg II or close to it you would also need some sort of EM or MBC...otherwise your not going to be making 280
    He said AP, so he would have a true Stage 2.

my bad your correct
    <<<<<<<< LOOK AT MY NAME!!! lol
    COBB stg II

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    Damn, those new Eclipse's run a 14 flat. I heard they were dogs. They do have alot of HP but I just assumed they were fairly heavy.
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

Quote Originally Posted by farBeyondDriven View Post
    Damn, those new Eclipse's run a 14 flat. I heard they were dogs. They do have alot of HP but I just assumed they were fairly heavy.
    Big motor+fwd = great top end

thanks for the reply guys. i think id still give it to the wrx with just a catback.. because the eclipse is an auto. i really hope im right.. im also seeing a 6.55 0-60 and a 14.96 1/4 mile on some sites.. i doubt this is correct but it couldnt be off that much could it

pss. now what about a 98 gsx stick. with catback, intake, downpipe?

Quote Originally Posted by adWRXi View Post
    thanks for the reply guys. i think id still give it to the wrx with just a catback.. because the eclipse is an auto. i really hope im right.. im also seeing a 6.55 0-60 and a 14.96 1/4 mile on some sites.. i doubt this is correct but it couldnt be off that much could it

pss. now what about a 98 gsx stick. with catback, intake, downpipe?
    Go to the new Eclipse message boards, there is a guy who ran 14.0 w/ slips, etc.

98 GSX w. catback, intake, dp, id assume his boost is turned up too? Unless the car is breaking-down he will destroy a Stock WRX.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by farBeyondDriven View Post

Nope, they are not a 14 flat. Here are the numbers from msn.com, and the 6 speed manual is getting a 15 second run, at 14.96. Here is the link, just click and scroll down:
    http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/Sp...ipse&trimid=-1

Still not bad numbers at all, and the 0-60 is still really good, but it is no where near a 14 flat. If you want to know who would win, just go and race him and find out.

I always wondered how they would do, and they are nice cars, but I would never buy one as Mitsubishi looks to be in serious financial trouble, check out why on this thread:
    http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14134
    Last edited by ArizonaWRX; 11-10-2006 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaWRX View Post
    Nope, they are not a 14 flat. Here are the numbers from msn.com, and the 6 speed manual is getting a 15 second run, at 14.96. Here is the link, just click and scroll down:
    http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/Sp...ipse&trimid=-1
    As well all know, Magazines and Websites dont always know the BEST way to launch or race a car. Usually they take the average of 3 runs. They are almost always slower than the cars true potential.

Bone Stock GT 6speed: 14.02 @ 101.13
    Proof: http://videos.streetfire.net/video/0...23E2CB0A15.htm

Street or a race, anything could happen, so just go and race him. Most of the magazines aren't too far off, usually by a few tenths of a second if that. They do several runs with qualified or professional drivers. But, like I said, you could end all speculation by simply racing one. Good luck!

(BTW , the msn.com link of the manual running a 14.96 might have BEEN with a great pro driver, yahoo has the car pulling a 15.10 on the 1/4 time, others on the same link have it at 14.6, so just race him and find out. Click here to see it:
    http://autos.yahoo.com/2006_mitsubis...t-performance/

On edmunds from someone who actually owns the car, he ran it stock at the track and got a 14.99. You can see that here, third review down:
    http://www.edmunds.com/new/2006/mits..._consumer.html

The Eclipses aren't bad cars, but the base price on a manual base shift GT is over $28,800, and they also weigh over 3,600 lbs. (for the base model). Check out this good review of the car as well if interested, by edmunds.com, the review of the new 07 Eclipse. They too tested the car at 14.9 in the quarter mile. This review covers everything you could/would want to know about the Eclipse from handling, to performance, to suspension. (Quote from the article: " With its large 40 foot turn radius... U-turns can take weeks!")
    http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=110151

Allright, I have done some research for you, but again simply race one and find out, the Eclipse is a cool little car. Good luck!
    Last edited by ArizonaWRX; 11-10-2006 at 10:21 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast