Great Victory, Better death! LGT 20g, SLK32 AMG
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Great Victory, Better death! LGT 20g, SLK32 AMG within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; SO last night on my way home from Compusa just minding my own business i hear a loud BOV, I ...

Great Victory, Better death! LGT 20g, SLK32 AMG

SO last night on my way home from Compusa just minding my own business i hear a loud BOV, I look over and see a new LGT with the perrin exhaust and BOV off loud as hell.. So i toss it in thrid at about 60 and we both hit it, I pull 1.5 car and stay there till about 100 then shutdown. Again he comes back up on me after waiting for traffic to clear. We were next to each other empty 3 lanes in front of us, this time he gets up beside me and hits it so i follow pulling past for about 1 cars and we stay there. Then we catch the stop light, rolls down the window and turns out to be a guy i know from tamparacing.com and he got his tuned the same day as me. He has an 05 LGT with a 20g and air/water cooled IC. Beautiful car! He got tuned for 116 OCT the day i was with him so he wasnt running that map, Im not sure which he was running. We nailed it from a dig and damn I pulled him again. He gave me props for the car and he turned off. Nice guy.

At the very next light i have an SLK 32 AMG next to me and he is revin a bit and sounds loud, SO we get to about 50 or so and we hit it. I pull about 1cars and soon as we get to 80MPH he goes passed me like i miss shifted. I mean maybe 1 foot every second was about the distance he was putting on me. so he slows down and we try again this time im in the meat of 3rd gear. And I get a GREAT jump on him and pull about 2 cars. then about 80-90 again he goes roaring passed me. And this time i had my window down and heard how LOUD his supercharger is. We get to a light and a nice guy with a heavy Italian accent tells me nice car "must not be stock" . hehe I told him no i have a vf-34 setup. I ask him if his car is stock Supercharger and he says "stock no, no stock, this is 410 WHP" i was like that makes sense, He put the smack down on me. So then he wanted to run a little slower to give me a bit of the advantage so we rolled down to 30mph or maybe even a bit lower but we both get in it and this time i do get a much better launch but by 90 he is again going passed me like a rocket. Wave and go our seperate ways.

SO good victory but killer death!

So searching on the web i find the owner on streetfire and tons of vids of his car kicking ass.
    http://videos.streetfire.net/uploaded/661cadec.htm bunch of him at our local track.
    Last edited by enash99; 11-04-2006 at 04:18 PM.
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I may be a little biased but I think the LGT owner needs to get a retune or a replacement turbo. A 20g should easily outflow a VF34 (by half again as much) and should do that much better when attached to a 2.5 liter. Maybe that funky IC setup he has is to blame? Either way, you know a 20g'ed car should be faster, with a minimum of 115 mph traps.

Edit (added):

Watched a few of his videos. I don't see how his car is supposed to be fast - it runs whopping 8.70s and maybe 81-83 mph in the 1/8th mile -- a whole tenth quicker than what my Legacy did stock. My Stealth would have made him look stupid.
    Last edited by John M; 11-04-2006 at 07:54 PM.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

when they go from a dig the clk is passing the wrx in second gear, it barely gets half a car length on the slk?? is your setup that gnarlier?

That SLK is no joke!

Quote Originally Posted by John M View Post
    Edit (added):

Watched a few of his videos. I don't see how his car is supposed to be fast - it runs whopping 8.70s and maybe 81-83 mph in the 1/8th mile -- a whole tenth quicker than what my Legacy did stock. My Stealth would have made him look stupid.
    I agree with the 20g statement. The LGT is an auto and he was tuned for race fuel and he did tell me he was running the 93 oct map. So i assume that isnt a "tuned" map only an off the shelf map. When Scott Seigel was down here a few weeks ago he only had a small amount of time to tune the LGT before he had to catch his flight home so the owner of the LGT choose to have it tuned with Race Fuel for track runs. You can find him on tamparacing.com The IC setup is pretty pimp. I am looking for some pics online and if i find them ill post em.

As for the SLK32, in the 1/8 i was taking him, its what happens after that. Believe me i can pull on our modded M5 and this little slk is mean from 80 +

Quote Originally Posted by ScstealthVR6 View Post
    when they go from a dig the clk is passing the wrx in second gear, it barely gets half a car length on the slk?? is your setup that gnarlier?
    I would like think so. But there are to many other variables with his run and mine, driver, track, my mods vs his mods. Also to note the slk guy posts that he is running an sti, but they are WRX's, and a side note I trap about 108-110 in the 1/4 around 12.6-12.5, But now i need a clutch = )
    Last edited by enash99; 11-05-2006 at 09:42 AM.
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

Quote Originally Posted by enash99 View Post

I would like think so. But there are to many other variables with his run and mine, driver, track, my mods vs his mods. Also to note the slk guy posts that he is running an sti, but they are WRX's, and a side note I trap about 108-110 in the 1/4 around 12.6-12.5, But now i need a clutch = )
    Those traps on a TMIC? You have any slips to post up, thats a strong vf-34.
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

Quote Originally Posted by PolarisSnT View Post
    Those traps on a TMIC? You have any slips to post up, thats a strong vf-34.
    Let me get my new clutch and ill post some fresh ones. As long as the tranny continues to hold .. lol
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods

Well, I guess you vs. the 20g just goes to show that it's not always about what parts are bolted onto the car. I was always told my Stealth wouldn't go quicker than 13.0s on the stock turbos too...

FWIW, I'm going straight to a Green and FMIC for my LGT when the time comes. No need to fool around with anything in between
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Quote Originally Posted by John M View Post
    FWIW, I'm going straight to a Green and FMIC for my LGT when the time comes. No need to fool around with anything in between

That is going to be on sick LGT. Keep me posted on how it goes. I have another friend here at work that just bought a new LGT last week and in a couple of months might consider upgrades = )
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.