Cayman S vs Cobb Stage II what do you think?

This is a discussion on Cayman S vs Cobb Stage II what do you think? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My friend just got a Cayman S I read that they run 13.7@104mph or so, I know from a roll ...

Cayman S vs Cobb Stage II what do you think?

My friend just got a Cayman S I read that they run 13.7@104mph or so, I know from a roll I would get it handed to me, but how about in a 1/4-mile race, of course that 13.7 is with a professional driver so in this colder NJ weather what do you guys think? I ran my car at the track and i ran a 13.9@100mph in the summer should be closer to a 13.7 now that its cold out. Has anyone encoutered one of these yet? I know I know just go race him, maybe I can work that out sometime. Nevermind I found a review that rana 13.4@105mph, I guess I am at a dissadvantage, but who knows tenths of a second are not alot when it comes down to it.
    Last edited by elohdaeh78; 11-04-2006 at 08:29 AM.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by elohdaeh78 View Post
    My friend just got a Cayman S I read that they run 13.7@104mph or so, I know from a roll I would get it handed to me, but how about in a 1/4-mile race, of course that 13.7 is with a professional driver so in this colder NJ weather what do you guys think? I ran my car at the track and i ran a 13.9@100mph in the summer should be closer to a 13.7 now that its cold out. Has anyone encoutered one of these yet? I know I know just go race him, maybe I can work that out sometime. Nevermind I found a review that rana 13.4@105mph, I guess I am at a dissadvantage, but who knows tenths of a second are not alot when it comes down to it.

tenths of a second are car lengths. example. raced at the strip awhile ago a friends sti. he went 12.9 to my 13.3 he was 5 cars ahead. either wayu look at it ur 25k wrx can keep up with a what 45-50k car? thats worth losing by a few cars anyway.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 View Post
    tenths of a second are car lengths. example. raced at the strip awhile ago a friends sti. he went 12.9 to my 13.3 he was 5 cars ahead. either wayu look at it ur 25k wrx can keep up with a what 45-50k car? thats worth losing by a few cars anyway.
    Well yeah on the track they are i raced a Z06 that ran a 13.0 to my 13.9 and it was so far ahead, but on the street its a different story. My friends stock wrx that runs 14.7@91.6mph at the same track that I ran 13.9@100mph keeps up with me on the street pretty easily until 3rd gear, it all comes down to who hits the gas first, .8 seconds is not much of a difference on the street, but yes a big difference on the track.
    Last edited by elohdaeh78; 11-04-2006 at 12:07 PM.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Quote Originally Posted by elohdaeh78 View Post
    quick answer to your question....if you are a good driver, its possible to beat that car in a quarter mile. Stage 2s (2.0) have run in the very low 13s. 13.7 is actually a pretty slow time for a stage 2. And most likely a random person on the street isnt gonna know enough about their cayman to run a 13.4.

If you want to really have some fun, go find a base boxster to mess with. The cockier the driver the better
    Last edited by ElBartoRex; 11-04-2006 at 10:47 AM.
    Current: 05 Mini Cooper S R53
    Former: 06 Acura RSX Type-S
    Former: 00 Integra GSR
    Former: 07 Mazdaspeed3
    Former: 04 WRX Stage 2+
    www.jscspeed.com

^^^ +1 on that brutha!
    I might be back in the market for the new STI sedan!

Your 13.9 is pretty slow for a stage2 wrx. A better driven stage2 is good for consistant mid 13's which would put you in Cayman-S territory. I say just race and see what happens. From a dig if you drive well it will be close and you might even edge him out. If you drive the way you did at the track (13.9 @ 100) you will likely lose. From a roll.... I think you know the answer to this.

Best of luck.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I Support ClubWRX
    I would probably crash into a tree while looking over and drooling at the Cayman S during the race.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    I would probably crash into a tree while looking over and drooling at the Cayman S during the race.
    I would do the same except my hand would be in my pants.

+1

Quote Originally Posted by juanes287 View Post
    I would do the same except my hand would be in my pants.
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #44
    2006 SGM WRX
    Cobb Stage 2
    APS 3" Catted TBE
    H-Tech Springs
    Eibach 10mm Spacers

Well I took his car out for a drive tonight, he wanted me to get on it as hard as I wanted to so I got a real good feel for it. Here is my thoughts.

The car handles like a dream, there is no way my car could even come close to keeping up to it on a non straight road. The shifter is tight and smooth and the sound of the motor is quite pleasing. The headlights are as bright as the sun and the seats hold you really well. The car pulls like a V8 in the upper RPM range near 5k to 7k, if you drop it below 5k its really not that impressive. It would be a really close race, the wrx seems a touch quicker and would jump on the porsche faster unless the porsche was driving around at 5k-7k rpms. I didn't launch the porsche so I am not sure of its potential off the line, I am taking my car to the track tomorrow so hopefully I will run a better time, I don't think my friend will be running his porsche anytime soon, but its hands down a amazingly fun car to drive, I got it up to nearly 90mph on back roads shhhh there were no cars around only had to worry about deer.

tru dat
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Well I ran a 13.6@101mph today at the track so I guess I would have a decent shot.