WRX vs GTO - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on WRX vs GTO within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by enash99 Do you mean that for a stock wrx? Yeah, its unlikely but assuming theres some one ...

Quote Originally Posted by enash99 View Post
    Do you mean that for a stock wrx?
    Yeah, its unlikely but assuming theres some one other than my firend capable of running a 15.6 in a modded GTO, you could have a chance.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I just traded my '04 stage 1 WRX for an '06 GTO, and I've got to tell you that the difference is in the torque. As you all know, it's very easy to catch a WRX off boost (it happened to me a number of times). This GTO has mucho torque all the time in every gear it seems. I've only had it a few days, but compared to my WRX with Accessport, it's like night and day. The GTO gives up around 600 lbs (3700) to the WRX's 3100, so that's +1 to the Subie. But tack on 6.0/400hp/395lbs torque at the crank stock and it's hard to believe the weight difference would lead to a clean kill for the WRX. I'm not turning on you guys, I'm just saying this unmodded GTO would eat my ~250hp WRX for lunch any day. Just my $.02.

What's really lost on people is the difference RA gears make. I went from a VF30 with stock gears to an 18G with RA's, and, due to the the difficulty in building boost in 2nd gear (and a recently broken right wrist), my 1/8 times actually dropped. However, I picked up almost 9 mph in the back half—not all of that can be due to the 18G. I've since moved on to a built engine, but I was running neck-n-neck with stage 2's, WS6s', M3's, GN's, etc., until I hit the 1/8, then it was bye-bye.
    N.E. F4
    Mods

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    Yeah, its unlikely but assuming theres some one other than my firend capable of running a 15.6 in a modded GTO, you could have a chance.
    Well my car is no monster in anyway shape or form (288 whp@17.9psi and over 300 @ 21 psi ) and I have had no problems putting away 1 5.7 GTO and 2 6.0's Now maybe its driver ( which would be good for me ) but i doubt all 3 cases the driver of the GTO didnt know how to drive. I could be wrong about the drivers but from a roll I have beatin both.

I think that is the thing about forums. If you beat a car that by the numbers you souldnt then its either a crappy driver or the driver wasnt racing, but any given day closely matched cars ( power/weight ) can have suprising results.

based on my results, i believe he did beat him.
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

Quote Originally Posted by enash99 View Post
    Well my car is no monster in anyway shape or form (288 whp@17.9psi and over 300 @ 21 psi ) and I have had no problems putting away 1 5.7 GTO and 2 6.0's Now maybe its driver ( which would be good for me ) but i doubt all 3 cases the driver of the GTO didnt know how to drive. I could be wrong about the drivers but from a roll I have beatin both.

I think that is the thing about forums. If you beat a car that by the numbers you souldnt then its either a crappy driver or the driver wasnt racing, but any given day closely matched cars ( power/weight ) can have suprising results.

based on my results, i believe he did beat him.
    I strictly meant a stock wrx. With mods anything is possible. 288whp is quite a bit more than stock. I believe you.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

The run he had with the GTO is completely believable if it was the 5.7L. I ran against my buddy's 5.7L auto (i'm stg 2 ots) and it was dead even (we started from a low roll cuz my clutch was going, didn't wanna launch) 1-2, 3rd i even pulled a hair, then i hit 4th and he was gone for we all know how top end is on stock gears and a stock turbo. With gears and a protune i could deff see him pulling on the 5.7L
    2003 WRX wagon-COBB stage 2

1970 240z-28,000 mi, unrestored original, mint

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.