WRX vs GTO - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs GTO within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; It's okay to call bull****, believe what you want. Anyway i guess this thread is done - take care guys...

It's okay to call bull****, believe what you want.

Anyway i guess this thread is done - take care guys

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thought I might add something.

Last night walking out of the gym to my car, 06 WRX TR, I heard someone rev a big V8. I look up and it's a yellow GTO cutting thru the parking lot so as to skip a traffic light. Then he heads south on a 4 lane street(Woodman Dr.) squealing his tires a little and running his car pretty hard. I get in my car and head home, the same way the GTO was heading. I get up to a light and see 4 cars in one lane and the GTO in a lane by himself set to keep going down Woodman. Well I pulled up behind him for ****s and giggles. As I sat behind him I noticed that the GTO had dual exhaust, between the dual exhaust pipes was a grey piece of trim at the bottom of the rear bumper.

The light goes green and I stay pretty close to his back bumper. We took off pretty fast and he pulled over to the next lane. I kept going and got a car length ahead of him before I let off. After I let off he flew past me and let off himself. I stayed about 2 cars behind him as we came up to a redlight. I had my car in 3rd gear, a little less than 3k rpm waiting for the light to go green. When the light went green I could hear the GTO driver punch the throttle and start squealing the tires. (Made me think he had an auto tranny) So I floored it, walked right past him and was a car length ahead of him when we both let off, (top of 4th gear maybe). I turned right to head down the highway and he sat behind a couple of cars at the light reving his motor and power-braking his car

So is that a legit kill?

Quote Originally Posted by Earshot View Post

Last night walking out of the gym to my car, 06 WRX TR, I heard someone rev a big V8. I look up and it's a yellow GTO cutting thru the parking lot so as to skip a traffic light. Then he heads south on a 4 lane street(Woodman Dr.) squealing his tires a little and running his car pretty hard. I get in my car and head home, the same way the GTO was heading. I get up to a light and see 4 cars in one lane and the GTO in a lane by himself set to keep going down Woodman. Well I pulled up behind him for ****s and giggles. As I sat behind him I noticed that the GTO had dual exhaust, between the dual exhaust pipes was a grey piece of trim at the bottom of the rear bumper.

The light goes green and I stay pretty close to his back bumper. We took off pretty fast and he pulled over to the next lane. I kept going and got a car length ahead of him before I let off. After I let off he flew past me and let off himself. I stayed about 2 cars behind him as we came up to a redlight. I had my car in 3rd gear, a little less than 3k rpm waiting for the light to go green. When the light went green I could hear the GTO driver punch the throttle and start squealing the tires. (Made me think he had an auto tranny) So I floored it, walked right past him and was a car length ahead of him when we both let off, (top of 4th gear maybe). I turned right to head down the highway and he sat behind a couple of cars at the light reving his motor and power-braking his car

So is that a legit kill?
    Yeah i'm starting to think those cars are really heavy...
    Thanks for hi-jacking

Quote Originally Posted by P8baller07 View Post
    Yeah i'm starting to think those cars are really heavy...
    Thanks for hi-jacking
    I use these WRX vs. The World as a reference, in a folk tale kind of way. Just adding my experience vs. the GTO. I was also wondering is someone would chime in on the grey trim at the bottom of the rear bumper. I don't know my GTO trim packages.

I use these WRX vs. The World as a reference, in a folk tale kind of way. Just adding my experience vs. the GTO. I was also wondering is someone would chime in on the grey trim at the bottom of the rear bumper. I don't know my GTO trim packages.

umm thats a 6.0 GTO they all have that grey trim, my friend has one, i ran him in my stage II wrx once, i rolled through a light that he was stopped at at about 10mph once i heard him hit it (i was still a car ahead) i punched it also, by the time we hit 60mph he was coming up hard and going to pass me but we both slowed down. The only way you could possibly keep up with a 6.0 GTO unless the driver ****s up is to run him from a dig till 70mph or so, once you pass that he is going to rape you. My car ran a best of a 13.6 and my best trap was 101mph for reference.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

So is that a legit kill?

Unless you have some decent mods (more than stage 2) that is not a kill. He probably wasn't trying to race you or he really sucked at driving. He has A LOT of HP on you, and Tourqe, to more than easily make up for the wieght difference. You may have just heard a loud exhaust and thought that he was pushing hard, which is very possible from the sounds of it.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

Quote Originally Posted by P8baller07 View Post
    -5 speed Transmission w/STi RA gears
    RA gears are shorter, so beating a GTO in third is totally believeable. Third and fourth are nuts.
    N.E. F4
    Mods

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    I know the GTO's have crazy HP & torque but I think the automatic GTO's don't have the best gearing when doing a roll race around 60mph. An LS2 GTO and I went at it from a 60mph roll (honked 3 times, he knew we were racing)... We were pretty even till I had to shift to 4th, then he had 1/2 a car on me. Then he shifted to 4th (I think? Maybe 3rd, I think it was an auto) and I started to catch up again so he was only a few feet ahead. Not long after he shifted he started to walk away pretty hard.

He definitely won but I sure as hell kept up alot better than I thought I would. He gave me the thumbs up and pulled off the next exit.
    Last edited by farBeyondDriven; 11-11-2006 at 12:21 PM.
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

Quote Originally Posted by elohdaeh78 View Post
    umm thats a 6.0 GTO they all have that grey trim, my friend has one, i ran him in my stage II wrx once, i rolled through a light that he was stopped at at about 10mph once i heard him hit it (i was still a car ahead) i punched it also, by the time we hit 60mph he was coming up hard and going to pass me but we both slowed down. The only way you could possibly keep up with a 6.0 GTO unless the driver ****s up is to run him from a dig till 70mph or so, once you pass that he is going to rape you. My car ran a best of a 13.6 and my best trap was 101mph for reference.
    I think he may have been new to driving the car and probably had a friend or 2 with him showing off. Reving his motor like that thru the parking lot and taking off fast out of the parking lot for no reason makes me think that. Also from a roll with those trannies, if they are an auto and you are new you can get smoked by a lesser car. I think when I heard him punch it, his auto tranny had him in a higher gear and dropped a gear when he punched it, squealed the tires, and had to shift up again. That's how I got him. I got one of my friends in the same way with my manual 5.0 when he first got his Z28 LS1 brand new. I ran his ass until he figured out how to manually go thru the gears in that car.

I think he may have been new to driving the car and probably had a friend or 2 with him showing off. Reving his motor like that thru the parking lot and taking off fast out of the parking lot for no reason makes me think that. Also from a roll with those trannies, if they are an auto and you are new you can get smoked by a lesser car. I think when I heard him punch it, his auto tranny had him in a higher gear and dropped a gear when he punched it, squealed the tires, and had to shift up again. That's how I got him. I got one of my friends in the same way with my manual 5.0 when he first got his Z28 LS1 brand new. I ran his ass until he figured out how to manually go thru the gears in that car.
    My friends GTO is a 6 speed so I really have no idea how well an auto would do.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

speaking of the s2000 race I had a stage 2 when I raced my friends stock s2000 and he would whoop my ass after 4th gear. Then the bastard got gears for it and would spank me when I was in third too. I just had to shut up him so I picked up a VF34 anyway just saying the s2k is pretty nice package outta the box when its in v-tec yo!

If the GTO was an Auto, how can you blame it on the driver? All you gotta do is floor it
    '06 WRB WRX

Quote Originally Posted by le wagon View Post
    my guess it was a 5.7l cause my friends sti with intake and turboback exhaust will be lucky if he can beat a 6.0l with exhaust
    Does the STi have EM? Stage 2 Sti pulls GTo 6.0's as well as my vf-34 moded wrx. Seems like everyone around my area has GTO's there everywhere..
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

A friend of mine ran a 15.6 with his GTO w/ headers, intake and catback. I guess that means given a dumb enough driver in the GTO a WRX could win.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    I guess that means given a dumb enough driver in the GTO a WRX could win.
    Do you mean that for a stock wrx?
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.