2004-05 Audi S4 vs vf34 bugeye
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2004-05 Audi S4 vs vf34 bugeye within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Mods are in my sig. Driving to work today I was running late, so I was going to speed a ...

2004-05 Audi S4 vs vf34 bugeye

Mods are in my sig. Driving to work today I was running late, so I was going to speed a little anyway. Ran up on a blue S4 and figured I'd have some fun. Nothing exciting - kind of stupid to do this on the NJ Parkway, but we did 3 runs from 80. I pulled on him hard as hell each time. Don't know if he was just leaving it in top gear or what - but I was running from 80 in 4th up to 110ish. By 100 I had several car lengths on him. I was expecting more from an S4.

Oh, and I'm a bad person for racing, I don't condone it, but I did it anyway. Had I been pulled over, I would have been pretty screwed unless my standard excuse of using my brothers name helps (he's a cop).

Anyway - just thought I would share. Has anyone else raced an s4?
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    Mods are in my sig. Driving to work today I was running late, so I was going to speed a little anyway. Ran up on a blue S4 and figured I'd have some fun. Nothing exciting - kind of stupid to do this on the NJ Parkway, but we did 3 runs from 80. I pulled on him hard as hell each time. Don't know if he was just leaving it in top gear or what - but I was running from 80 in 4th up to 110ish. By 100 I had several car lengths on him. I was expecting more from an S4.

Oh, and I'm a bad person for racing, I don't condone it, but I did it anyway. Had I been pulled over, I would have been pretty screwed unless my standard excuse of using my brothers name helps (he's a cop).

Anyway - just thought I would share. Has anyone else raced an s4?
    Ive driven the 06 S4 both 6speed and 6AT and its a fast car but it never pulled as hard (butt dyno) as my VF34'd WRX. Then again the S4 also had great power in every gear unlike the 34 that needs a downshift for a decent powerband.

Stock they do 0-60 in 5.3 and id assume a high 13/ low 14 1/4mi. Big motor, but very heavy.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

I raced a guy my friend rode with to NOPI one year. It was an 00-02 S4.Anyway he had exhaust and was chipped. I pulled a little all the way to about 145mph.

P.S. I dont street race anymore so dont bust my balls, this was really late on I95 in ATL for Nopi.
    2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L Belize Blue Pearl

2000 Yamaha R6
    10.123 At 131.9mph (Dyno Drags)
    111.1hp@wheel

2002 Aspen White 5MT WRX - Sold

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.