A new Civic Si on the horizon
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on A new Civic Si on the horizon within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; http://vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=628560 A quick teaser: The name MUGEN symbolizes Honda performance throughout Asia and around the globe. MUGEN, under license by ...

A new Civic Si on the horizon

http://vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=628560

A quick teaser:
    The name MUGEN symbolizes Honda performance throughout Asia and around the globe. MUGEN, under license by M-TEC Co., Ltd., of Japan, has been closely associated with Honda for decades in the design and manufacture of racing and premium performance components. The Civic MUGEN Si Sedan draws inspiration from a "Formula Sport" concept, adding an aggressive dimension of performance to the Civic Si Sedan with a track-tuned suspension, aerodynamic body styling and a performance exhaust system. The track tuned suspension, tested at the Twin Ring Motegi racing circuit in Japan, lowers the vehicle by 0.6 inches (15mm) with highly aggressive spring and damper tuning for enhanced handling performance. The full-vehicle aero-package adds a front spoiler and sports grille, side spoilers, a rear diffuser and a rear wing. The lightweight MUGEN forged alloy wheels measure 18x7.5 inches and are shod with high grip 215/40R18 summer tires. The sports exhaust system reduces back pressure from the catalytic converter back resulting in an enhanced power curve. Additional accoutrements include front and rear MUGEN emblems along with a serial number placard on the instrument panel. A spherical 50 mm MUGEN aluminum shift knob replaces the standard aluminum and perforated leather shift knob. Planned for production in a limited quantity of 500 units a year, the Civic MUGEN Si will be available at U.S. Honda dealers starting in spring 2007 with a manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) of less than $30,000 and includes a full factory warranty.
    '06 WRB WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Cool

Don't know don't care. A car that is .6 lowered and has some side skits for 30,000? It should be a hit with Honda kids, but I'll take my Impreza WRX still. Independent sport suspension, AWD, turbo charged, for thousands less? Vs. a stock (powerful, but still) 4 cyl.? NO contest

WRX FTW.

Keep walking, nothing to see here.

From what I've seen, Japan's version might be supercharged...
    '06 WRB WRX

FWD still sucks.

Considering how well the current Si already handles, I am sure this thing will attack the tracks.

Over-priced IMO, but should be a neat car nonetheless.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I Support ClubWRX
    Wait, you're saying it's going to have an aluminum shift knob? No facking way.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    Wait, you're saying it's going to have an aluminum shift knob? No facking way.
    Way.

Oh yeah, don't forget it's not just any aluminum shift knob...it's spherical.
    '06 WRB WRX

Looks nice.....After trading in my Civic SI on my 06 wrx, I still would prefer a wrx hands down even though Honda's quality and reputation are top notch. AWD, Turbo FTW.......
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #666
    Stage 2

Thats more than I paid for the Z.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

All We'll Drive

a honda is still a ricer no matter what you do to it and 30k
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Quote Originally Posted by rr1911 View Post

a honda is still a ricer no matter what you do to it
    Tell that to the stock civic si which looks less flashy than a wrx as he beats the wrx around a track.

Or tell that to the s2000, a sport car icon that produces handling and balance to offset any logical assumption of it being "rice.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Arrow What?

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    Tell that to the stock civic si which looks less flashy than a wrx as he beats the wrx around a track.

Or tell that to the s2000, a sport car icon that produces handling and balance to offset any logical assumption of it being "rice.

first off, happy halloween everyone!

Second, WHAT/ Are you kidding me?

TehWRX can outhandle a civic SI, is faster in both 0-60 and 1/4 mile times, and has great everyday handling and can tackle all conditions, including rain and snow for cheaper. If you are just giving respect to Honda, (which they deserve) or like Hondas is cool, but are you kidding me? I would take my 06 WRX which is cheaper, over ANY civic SI anyday. ( I think that while the civic Si is great and has a stong following as well, most of the general public would make the same choice, WRX>SI.) Sport suspension, AWD, low center of gravity with the flat four, and boost! PLUS Subaru's dependability and response to mods? NO contest WRX for the win. (FTW for those keeping score at home.)

No one really calls the s2000 'rice' that I know of, but for $35,000? I'll take a striped down base EVO or STI over that literally 100 times of 100. Both Evo and STI will literally run circles and outgun that Miata upgrade ANYDAY.
    Don't get me wrong, the s2000 is a really nice car, and is more than capable, and it definitely has a target audience, but in terms of specs and handling, sure it can rev really high, but I would take an EVO or STI over that two seater Miata prince anyday.

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaWRX View Post

TehWRX can outhandle a civic SI, is faster in both 0-60 and 1/4 mile times, and has great everyday handling and can tackle all conditions, including rain and snow for cheaper. If you are just giving respect to Honda, (which they deserve) or like Hondas is cool, but are you kidding me? I would take my 06 WRX which is cheaper, over ANY civic SI anyday. ( I think that while the civic Si is great and has a stong following as well, most of the general public would make the same choice, WRX>SI.) Sport suspension, AWD, low center of gravity with the flat four, and boost! PLUS Subaru's dependability and response to mods? NO contest WRX for the win. (FTW for those keeping score at home.)

No one really calls the s2000 'rice' that I know of, but for $35,000? I'll take a striped down base EVO or STI over that literally 100 times of 100. Both Evo and STI will literally run circles and outgun that Miata upgrade ANYDAY.
    Don't get me wrong, the s2000 is a really nice car, and is more than capable, and it definitely has a target audience, but in terms of specs and handling, sure it can rev really high, but I would take an EVO or STI over that two seater Miata prince anyday.
    + alot
    come on now.... 30k for a civic
    ok i give props to the s2k but 35k + vs an evo or STi come on now what are you smoking ?
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    POST WH0RE KING

S2K would of sold alot more and been alot better if it was a higher class honda (an acura)
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    POST WH0RE KING

A few notes: They're saying the price will be *under* $30K which could be some where around $25K or what have you.

The improved handling and MUGEN tuning are what will really make this deal shine, imo. I hope there are some things that they left off of that feature list, especially in the power department. If indeed the only engine mod is a catback exhaust, I'm not too thrilled. There's a lot more MUGEN parts they should throw in there, CAI, decent headers, high-flow cat, ECU tuning, etc. Those could make a real big difference in power, given the K20's insane response to mods. Especially since I've seen fully built K20s that still easily pass emissions.

The best news about this, is not the car itself, or the mods/body kit/price, etc. It's the fact that they'll be offering a MUGEN-spec tune vehicle in the US for the first time. Which could open the door for a MUGEN S2000, NSX-successor, TSX, future Honda models, etc. Which would be awesome.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.