A new Civic Si on the horizon - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 91

This is a discussion on A new Civic Si on the horizon within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 05silverWRX p.s. In general, hopped up Civics are for kids that can't afford a WRX or EVO. ...

  1. #61
    Registered User DTR rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chi-town, IL
    Posts
    27,076
    Quote Originally Posted by 05silverWRX View Post

    p.s. In general, hopped up Civics are for kids that can't afford a WRX or EVO.

    That is a bold statement considering the car in question is a civic si which costs rather similarly to a wrx.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #62
    Registered User 05silverWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    357
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    That is a bold statement considering the car in question is a civic si which costs rather similarly to a wrx.
    Not really, the average sticker for an Si is about 22 and the average sticker for a WRX is 26. Add in insurance and what your parents will let you get and that rules out the WRX and EVO for most people. If you poll civic si owners, I would bet that the majority of them would say they would rater have a WRX or and EVO. Of course there will always be a few diehard Honda lovers.
    2013 WRX SWP

  4. #63
    Registered User DTR rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chi-town, IL
    Posts
    27,076
    Quote Originally Posted by 05silverWRX View Post
    Not really, the average sticker for an Si is about 22 and the average sticker for a WRX is 26. Add in insurance and what your parents will let you get and that rules out the WRX and EVO for most people. If you poll civic si owners, I would bet that the majority of them would say they would rater have a WRX or and EVO. Of course there will always be a few diehard Honda lovers.
    1) Most people do not pay $26k for a new wrx. The only wrx's going for that price are the fully loaded limited wrx's with leather, heated seats, and sunroof.

    2) Most wrx's go for about $24k. TR's go for 1.5k less and Limited's go for 1.5k more.

    3) It is the base si that goes for $21k. Start adding options and they reach $23/24k.

    4) Insurance is all relative to your company and driving record.... but while the wrx is expensive to insure, I would assume the 2door 200hp sport induced si is not that much less. My wrx is not much more to insure than my GSR was.

    5) To bring the si price even further, the si in question here is the mugan si which is running $25k+ with some figures and people here saying nearing $30k (do not know the accuracy of that figure though).

    6) Why do you say wrx/evo. Yes, I could see someone getting an si because they couldn't afford an Evo, which runs nearly $6k more, but the wrx is a different issue all together. It is priced somewhat similarly to the si, the evo is not. I hardly doubt all si owners or even most (as you claim) would have bought a wrx if given the chance considering the wrx is only a grand or two more which means a total of $20 extra per months of a finance term, lol.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

  5. #64
    Registered User 05silverWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    357
    So people get discounts on all WRX's but not Civics?? hmm. Interesting...
    Like my original statement said, I still think kids that have hopped up civics in general would rather have a WRX. As to why they didn't get one, that is up for debate, and I still think money is an issue. You can disagree with my statement and good for you, but that is still my opinion.

    I payed 25.3k for mine, and it is definiately not loaded. Because it was new, there weren't any discounts. You can play the discount card all day, but it works both ways. If you go to a Subaru lot, the average sticker is well over 25. Most are in the 27 and 28 range. Does that mean that is what you pay?? No but it is in general what people go off of when shopping for a car. The only time you actually get that final number is when you are pretty much signed up to buy it. As a Civic shopper you might not ever get to that point and leave as soon as you see the 27k sticker and go to the 23k sticker at Honda. 4k can make a difference.
    2013 WRX SWP

  6. #65
    Registered User SixDaysToSunday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Niagara Falls, NY
    Posts
    567
    Awd > Fwd
    2010 WRX: "Archer"
    #2127 of the Stinkeye Mob
    Honorary Member of the Hawkeye Alliance
    Give it up for the boys in Blue, USAF; 3H071
    Jack T, also known as BOOSTPUNK on Buffaloscooby

  7. #66
    Registered User 05silverWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    357
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    1) Most people do not pay $26k for a new wrx. The only wrx's going for that price are the fully loaded limited wrx's with leather, heated seats, and sunroof.

    2) Most wrx's go for about $24k. TR's go for 1.5k less and Limited's go for 1.5k more.

    3) It is the base si that goes for $21k. Start adding options and they reach $23/24k.

    4) Insurance is all relative to your company and driving record.... but while the wrx is expensive to insure, I would assume the 2door 200hp sport induced si is not that much less. My wrx is not much more to insure than my GSR was.

    5) To bring the si price even further, the si in question here is the mugan si which is running $25k+ with some figures and people here saying nearing $30k (do not know the accuracy of that figure though).

    6) Why do you say wrx/evo. Yes, I could see someone getting an si because they couldn't afford an Evo, which runs nearly $6k more, but the wrx is a different issue all together. It is priced somewhat similarly to the si, the evo is not. I hardly doubt all si owners or even most (as you claim) would have bought a wrx if given the chance considering the wrx is only a grand or two more which means a total of $20 extra per months of a finance term, lol.
    By the way, I think you need to relax a little bit. This is a WRX board. We are allowed to talk a little trash here and there. Every comment doesn't have to be backed up by 15 points, a power point presentation and supporting graphs. Just have some fun
    2013 WRX SWP

  8. #67
    Banned juanes287's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    broomfield,CO
    Posts
    370
    Quote Originally Posted by SixDaysToSunday View Post
    Awd > Fwd
    Great info there.

  9. #68
    Registered User $lick Rick's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    eugene
    Posts
    766
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    4) Insurance is all relative to your company and driving record.... but while the wrx is expensive to insure, I would assume the 2door 200hp sport induced si is not that much less. My wrx is not much more to insure than my GSR was.
    my insurance went down $30 a month when i went from my gsr to my wrx

  10. #69
    Registered User cavallino333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Campbell CA
    Posts
    11,850
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    4) Insurance is all relative to your company and driving record.... but while the wrx is expensive to insure, I would assume the 2door 200hp sport induced si is not that much less. My wrx is not much more to insure than my GSR was.
    I don't know when I got the Z my insurance went down almost a couple hundred.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

  11. #70
    Registered User $lick Rick's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    eugene
    Posts
    766
    Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    I don't know when I got the Z my insurance went down almost a couple hundred.

    i think we're just proving his point, insurance costs varry

  12. #71
    Registered User cavallino333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Campbell CA
    Posts
    11,850
    Quote Originally Posted by $lick Rick View Post
    i think we're just proving his point, insurance costs varry
    well he still has a point. The Z is purchased by alot of of older, non street racing people. (I'm not saying all just alot).
    Where as the Si is bought by alot of street racing younger people and kids, so insurance could be closer.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

  13. #72
    Registered User DTR rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chi-town, IL
    Posts
    27,076
    Quote Originally Posted by 05silverWRX View Post
    So people get discounts on all WRX's but not Civics?? hmm. Interesting...
    Like my original statement said, I still think kids that have hopped up civics in general would rather have a WRX. As to why they didn't get one, that is up for debate, and I still think money is an issue. You can disagree with my statement and good for you, but that is still my opinion.

    I payed 25.3k for mine, and it is definiately not loaded. Because it was new, there weren't any discounts. You can play the discount card all day, but it works both ways. If you go to a Subaru lot, the average sticker is well over 25. Most are in the 27 and 28 range. Does that mean that is what you pay?? No but it is in general what people go off of when shopping for a car. The only time you actually get that final number is when you are pretty much signed up to buy it. As a Civic shopper you might not ever get to that point and leave as soon as you see the 27k sticker and go to the 23k sticker at Honda. 4k can make a difference.

    WTF are you talking about?

    When did I bring up discounts. You can have your opinion, but the data seems to disagree with your opinion. Even your own price you payed for your wrx is in line with my numbers, lol.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

  14. #73
    Registered User 05silverWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    357
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    WTF are you talking about?

    When did I bring up discounts. You can have your opinion, but the data seems to disagree with your opinion. Even your own price you payed for your wrx is in line with my numbers, lol.
    Don't take it so personally...It is just a debate...
    2013 WRX SWP

  15. #74
    Registered User Bboy AJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    487
    I'm a little late, but this needs to be said:

    Anyone out there saying that the S2000 is an overpriced Miata is a ****ing idiot.

    Maybe today, it isn't that fast. But when she came out, you tell me of another roadster costing $30k that kept up with $70k roadsters and blew anything in its price range out of the water. No other roadster out there could touch it. This little wonder did what the Boxster S did and saved you a huge chunk of change at the same time.

    In typical Honda fashion, however, it hasn't been improved at all since. That is why it's "overpriced" right now, but what do you expect them to do? Lower the price of a car $5k? Not happening. And it's an actual purpose built sports car, not like something like the Z, the parts bin car.
    2006 WRX TR

  16. #75
    Registered User cavallino333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Campbell CA
    Posts
    11,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Bboy AJ View Post
    In typical Honda fashion, however, it hasn't been improved at all since. That is why it's "overpriced" right now, but what do you expect them to do? Lower the price of a car $5k? Not happening. And it's an actual purpose built sports car, not like something like the Z, the parts bin car.
    I agree with that. Its expensive because its purpose built and when it came out it was as fast as all the high dollar roadsters. However I don't think the price is competitive enough. I spent 27K on the Z and the S2000 starts at 34K. The Z is faster, 7K in mods could kae it be even faster or handle just as well if not better. I like the S2000 and its a great car, but for 34K theres alot of other cars I'd be looking at. Just because its purpose built doesn't mean its better than everything thats not. A new S2000 is coming out soon and perhaps that will be deserving of its price.
    Last edited by cavallino333; 11-08-2006 at 07:26 PM.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •