A new Civic Si on the horizon - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on A new Civic Si on the horizon within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; so give an AWD bus/minivan 285 wide tires and see how well it handles......

so give an AWD bus/minivan 285 wide tires and see how well it handles...
    2006 STI OBP - SOLD
    2007 True Red Mazda 3 Hatchback
    Bye bye performance
    Hello MONEY! How I missed you!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

so how many people here actually have taken a car a track or event before?

Quote Originally Posted by schoolloans View Post
    More grip out of the same tires, on a heavier car???

You are retarded....

Next: Explain why Subaru RS's can't keep up with NON-Si (NON LSD) civic's on autox courses???

Or why ITR's DOMINATE WRX's on autox courses????

You think there is a HUGE difference bwtween an ITR and the new Si??? Think again, and only a fool would say that a WRX can beat an ITR around an average autox course...
    understeer

yes, there is a very large difference in handling capabilities between a dc2 itr and an 06 civic si.

how many cars do you want to compare here?

so far you've tried to turn this into a 7 way comparison between the itr, gsr, rs, si, wrx, non vtec civic, and mugen civic.
    Last edited by $lick Rick; 11-01-2006 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by schoolloans View Post
    More grip out of the same tires, on a heavier car???

given your logic, my 95 civic ex coupe should eat sti's and evo's for breakfast in the corners

but keep up the name calling, it's really helping your case
    Last edited by $lick Rick; 11-01-2006 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by $lick Rick View Post
    understeer

yes, there is a very large difference in handling capabilities between a dc2 itr and an 06 civic si.

how many cars do you want to compare here?

so far you've tried to turn this into a 7 way comparison between the itr, gsr, rs, si, wrx, non vtec civic, and mugen civic.
    don't forget the type R, the GTR, the kompressor, the vtec, the zetec, the getec, the ecotec, and the inspectadeck!
    2006 STI OBP - SOLD
    2007 True Red Mazda 3 Hatchback
    Bye bye performance
    Hello MONEY! How I missed you!

Quote Originally Posted by $lick Rick View Post
    the wrx on a whole is a much more capable vehicle, tires being equal the wrx will run circles around the civic si
    Seems I don't even have to argue with you. I have 3 or 4 people already doing that for me
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by n00bulat0l2 View Post
    funny....i'm getting flashbacks to the thread about the mazdaspeed 3...
    ^ That's funny

I Support ClubWRX
    Kia Rio > Civic Si > WRX in auto-x
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    Seems I don't even have to argue with you. I have 3 or 4 people already doing that for me
    you might want to chime in, those 3 or 4 people arent bringing anything to the table
    Last edited by $lick Rick; 11-01-2006 at 06:03 PM.

FWD is good if you don't make a lot of power. AWD starts being more advantageous once you start adding gobs of power to your car, or you're out to squeeze that last 100th of a second of your 1/4 time.

but if you auto-x, you're never gonna exploit gobs of power anyway, so whether it's FWD, AWD, or RWD, it's all about the chassis tuning at that point. if you road race, drag race, or rally, you can forget about FWD, but cars like the Mini, Civic Si, even regular Mazda 3 can easily outhandle WRX's once you start dodging cones.

anyone who's even minutely informed would think this is common sense, but i'm astounded at the amount of denial and ignorance.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

it's amazing how personally some of you take bench racing
    Last edited by $lick Rick; 11-01-2006 at 08:41 PM.

Registered User project_skyline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelBoy View Post
    FWD is good if you don't make a lot of power. AWD starts being more advantageous once you start adding gobs of power to your car, or you're out to squeeze that last 100th of a second of your 1/4 time.

but if you auto-x, you're never gonna exploit gobs of power anyway, so whether it's FWD, AWD, or RWD, it's all about the chassis tuning at that point. if you road race, drag race, or rally, you can forget about FWD, but cars like the Mini, Civic Si, even regular Mazda 3 can easily outhandle WRX's once you start dodging cones.

anyone who's even minutely informed would think this is common sense, but i'm astounded at the amount of denial and ignorance.
    I fail to see why you think if your road, drag, or rally racing that you should just forget about using FWD?

weightshift & spin!

HONDA CIVICS rule. My friend use to have a stock 1987 Civic Hatch that can out handle my WRX. That thing was a beast, all 60 HP of it.

Now that I think about it, why did I buy a WRX? I think I will go trade it in for an 87 civic hatch, it is clearly the better car...

p.s. In general, hopped up Civics are for kids that can't afford a WRX or EVO.
    Last edited by 05silverWRX; 11-02-2006 at 09:06 AM.
    2013 WRX SWP

Quote Originally Posted by project_skyline View Post
    I fail to see why you think if your road, drag, or rally racing that you should just forget about using FWD?
    drag racing - if you look at your slip, right at the top is your 60ft. FWD nets you the worst 60ft times, and the more power you add ,the worse it gets.

rally - you're barely on paved roads, and have to cross ponds.. kind of self explanatory.

road racing - power is important here - long straights, fast sweepers, powering out of a corner flooring it. FWD is a huge disadvantage.

auto-x ~ my personal opinion, FWD AWD RWD all on equal footing. it's all about how you tune your car at that point. notice, that all beginners start with auto-x and graduate to road racing or rally. this is where most people belong on this forum, and where the WRX's AWD "advantage" dissipates.

i know who i am, and who i'm not. i'm *not* a professional race car driver. i've been to a few track days, i post wh0re on car forums, i hit up my favourite set of switchbacks, but overall, i'm nothing. if the most i'm ever gonna accomplish is learn how to control a car at the limit on an auto-x course, then FWD is just fine.
    Last edited by AngelBoy; 11-02-2006 at 11:49 AM.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.