A new Civic Si on the horizon - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on A new Civic Si on the horizon within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by farBeyondDriven I actually considered the new Civic Si couple and Acura RSX-S (another small, girly car). The ...

Quote Originally Posted by farBeyondDriven View Post

I actually considered the new Civic Si couple and Acura RSX-S (another small, girly car). The Civic Si seemed a little larger so I looked into it. But having no torque and waiting for the powerband sucked. Yeah, it's lightweight and you'll catch up eventually but I like that low-end "off-the-line torque" more than anything. Driving my girlfriend's RSX and waiting for the powerband sucks.
    Yeah, I understand that for sure.

I am bigger guy at over 200lbs and that coupled with the lack of torque in my integra gsr was pretty annoying. I felt a bit cramped, plus the initial wait of power until 5.5k rpms was one of the main reasons I sold the car. It is really fun when you play in the upper rpm band, but for daily driving it can be annoying.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaWRX View Post
    I simply was stating my opinion and some facts to back up simply that, my opinion. People are allowed and encouraged to do that on forums, to help learn and spread info, as well as have fun discussing cars and topics, such as this. I am not sure why you feel threatened, but your thoughts show lack of maturity and e-thuging reflects poorly on you and the site.
    Again, when you are trying to disprove something, (like which car handles better) it is probably not a good idea to bring your "opinion" into the matter and then bring up irrelevant topics to help support your points
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    Granted, the si is on sport tires, while the wrx runs all seasons but that is no ones fault but subaru's.

the wrx on a whole is a much more capable vehicle, tires being equal the wrx will run circles around the civic si

schoolloans
    Quote Originally Posted by $lick Rick View Post
    the wrx on a whole is a much more capable vehicle, tires being equal the wrx will run circles around the civic si
    Are you serious????

Tell me you're kidding...

The lighter Si, with a LSD, is still a SIGNIFICANTLY tidier handlign car than a stock WRX. Tires will bring the WRX's GRIP up....NOT change the balance/handling of the car.

Now you'll have a heavy, understeering, bodyrolling WRX with more grip...THATS ALL...

Where do you people come up with this stuff...

Better tires on the WRX will result in more grip, same handling, just higher limits...

Quote Originally Posted by schoolloans View Post
    Are you serious????

Tell me you're kidding...

The lighter Si, with a LSD, is still a SIGNIFICANTLY tidier handlign car than a stock WRX. Tires will bring the WRX's GRIP up....NOT change the balance/handling of the car.

Now you'll have a heavy, understeering, bodyrolling WRX with more grip...THATS ALL...

Where do you people come up with this stuff...

Better tires on the WRX will result in more grip, same handling, just higher limits...
    your logic is all f00ked up bro.

getting more grip to go through a corner being able to mantain a higher speed = better handling

body roll can effect handling, but it itself does not determine handling ability.

so tires being equal, the wrx would be able to travel through corners at higher speeds

while the lsd in the civic is nice, it still suffers greatly from understeer.

getting more grip to go through a corner being able to mantain a higher speed = better handling
    no, more grip = more grip. you still have spring rates, shock damping, corner weighting, weight distribution, roll bars, steering geometrics, etc.

in almost every category the WRX has become inferior, including the FWD competition. if i had to choose a car (< $30K) for an auto-x event, it would probably be a FWD Mini Cooper S or the new Civic Si.

body roll can effect handling, but it itself does not determine handling ability.
    you're right, but it's certainly annoying in the WRX. way too much for a sports sedan that continues to approach the $30K mark.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

The WRX does not handle very well. It understeers alot, and has a tone of body roll. It has alot of grip but the suspension technology is inferior at this point.

EDIT: Angelboy beat me to it.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

schoolloans
    your logic is all f00ked up bro.

so tires being equal, the wrx would be able to travel through corners at higher speeds

while the lsd in the civic is nice, it still suffers greatly from understeer.
    Clueless....sorry fanboy....

Subaru has MORE BODY ROLE, MORE WEIGHT, and MORE UNDERSTEER.

How is a car with a SOFTER suspension, MORE weight, MORE bodyroll/understeer etc. on EQUAL tires going to get through a corner faster????

^^^ Please, explain it to us....

schoolloans
    You don't have to listen to us man...

How about you just get out there and compete...be it on an autox/track whatever...

You'll QUICKLY see your stereotypes are old and silly.

The only people who immedaitely knock modern FWD cars and hype-up their WRX's stock handling are those with no competion experience what-so-ever...

Think RS's on equal tires can get through an autox faster than their NON-Si Civic competition???? Not even close...check out the STS Nationals results...

I just ran a track days at Summit, drove two cars, my WRX (EM, TBE, V7 suspension, F+R sways on 225 RT615's) and also ran two sessions in an old integra GSR...that I'd only driven once before...also on 225 615's. Guess how close the Integra's laptimes were (both me driving)? It would make you cry....
    Last edited by schoolloans; 11-01-2006 at 02:27 PM.

Clueless....sorry fanboy....

Subaru has MORE BODY ROLE, MORE WEIGHT, and MORE UNDERSTEER.

How is a car with a SOFTER suspension, MORE weight, MORE bodyroll/understeer etc. on EQUAL tires going to get through a corner faster????

^^^ Please, explain it to us....
    it's simple, grip is one of the GREATEST determining factors for handling.
    you could have all of the body roll in the world, but if your tires arent slipping than you're going to be able to maintain higher speeds through the corner.

dont get me wrong, the subaru does have some understeer problems... but nowhere near the problems the si has

fanboy eh?

after the dozens of honda's i've built/owned, many many track events i've attended, and my 3 years of moderating a civic forum larger than this, i bought my first subaru.
    now dont get me wrong, i really like most honda products... but comparing the si to the wrx is almost apples to oranges
    Last edited by $lick Rick; 11-01-2006 at 02:30 PM.

funny....i'm getting flashbacks to the thread about the mazdaspeed 3...
    2006 STI OBP - SOLD
    2007 True Red Mazda 3 Hatchback
    Bye bye performance
    Hello MONEY! How I missed you!

schoolloans
    it's simple, grip is one of the GREATEST determining factors for handling.
    you could have all of the body roll in the world, but if your tires arent slipping than you're going to be able to maintain higher speeds through the corner.

dont get me wrong, the subaru does have some understeer problems... but nowhere near the problems the si has

fanboy eh?

after the dozens of honda's i've built/owned, many many track events i've attended, and my 3 years of moderating a civic forum larger than this, i bought my first subaru.
    now dont get me wrong, i really like most honda products...

So explain how on EQUAL tires, the wrx carries more speed through a corner being that its a heavier car...???

Please....its simple physics...just how does a heavier car, on the same size tire carry more speed????

Go drive your WRX 10/10th....then go drive a NEW civic Si 10/10ths....report back on which cars has MORE understeer...its not the Si...

I'm 100% sure at this point you've never been at speed in the new Si, or you'd know better...
    Last edited by schoolloans; 11-01-2006 at 02:34 PM.

So explain how on EQUAL tires, the wrx carries more speed through a corner being that its a heavier car...???

Please....its simple physics...just how does a heavier car, on the same size tire carry more speed????

more grip, less understeer.... it's simple physics

yay fwd.

schoolloans
    more grip, less understeer.... it's simple physics
    More grip out of the same tires, on a heavier car??? You are retarded....

Next: Explain why Subaru RS's can't keep up with NON-Si (NON LSD) civic's on autox courses...

Or

Why ITR's DOMINATE WRX's on autox courses...

All the results point to you being a super fanboy...

(And I wouldn't trade my WRX for the world...)
    Last edited by schoolloans; 11-01-2006 at 02:46 PM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast