WRX vs Ion Redline - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs Ion Redline within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by DTR rex Do not overlook the fact that Ion RL's respond quite well to mods as well.... ...

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    Do not overlook the fact that Ion RL's respond quite well to mods as well.... In fact, mod for mod they will put down more whp than the all mighty 06' wrx (on the td04 of course).

Doing research > being a bandwagon fanboi
    You should follow your own advise my friend, and not judge others by their post count.

Here are the stats for the Ion redline. It has 205 Hp (crank) and as you can see from their won advertisement on the page, a claimed 0-60 of 6.2
    http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/sp...=Ion&trimid=-1

Mod for mod, (i.e intake for intake, exhaust for each, etc.) The redline is already behind in horsepower and torque. To help the original poster answer his question, race him and find out. But the Ion is already behind by 25 horses and 35 lb.s of torque if the guy who started the thread owns the 06 WRX. I never said the 06 is almighty, maybe others do, but I will simply reflect what Subaru built it with: 230 hp (crank, and 235 torque). SO 1) the Ion is already behind.
    2) a mod like exhaust or intake done on both, will not help the Ion overcome the hp and torque it is behind, as both cars are similar in weight.

Assuming the Kdub has the manual, he would win in 0-60, WRX scores 0-60 in 5.49 and 1/4 mile in 14.11) You can find that here:
    http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/Sp...reza&trimid=-1

I looked into the Wrx and its competitors long and hard before I bought my 06 WRX, so I am familar with its stats, are you?

P.S. Did you see the Superman movie? It was bad. Superman with a kid? At least Batman is cool though.
    Don't hate on others, you should simply follow your own advise next time and do or post the research yourself.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    but OMGZ its the 06, it has teh 2.5 litre

If a saturn sky redline came as a coupe I'd hit it like a ton of bricks. I'll buy a car from any company as long as its a its good car that I want.
    The redline isn't a bad car, and their marketing comercial a few years ago when it came out to point out that it was faster than the BMW in 0-60 was a bold statement of Saturn beginning to switch into the performance market as well. They have and continue to do a good job of coming into the market.

That said, I would still take my 06 WRX, or any previous year WRX over it, just my preference.

Arrow Done.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmmy View Post
    usually I don't condone internet bench racing but this is pretty obvious that there is no contest.
    Yeah, he said it pretty well in the third post of this thread.

subaru ftw
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by rr1911 View Post
    subaru ftw
    Yep. All day.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaWRX View Post
    I looked into the Wrx and its competitors long and hard before I bought my 06 WRX, so I am familar with its stats, are you?

P.S. Did you see the Superman movie? It was bad. Superman with a kid? At least Batman is cool though.
    Don't hate on others, you should simply follow your own advise next time and do or post the research yourself.
    This thread is reminding me of why I don't hang out in this particular forum any more.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

You should follow your own advise my friend, and not judge others by their post count.

Here are the stats for the Ion redline. It has 205 Hp (crank) and as you can see from their won advertisement on the page, a claimed 0-60 of 6.2
    http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/sp...=Ion&trimid=-1

Mod for mod, (i.e intake for intake, exhaust for each, etc.) The redline is already behind in horsepower and torque. To help the original poster answer his question, race him and find out. But the Ion is already behind by 25 horses and 35 lb.s of torque if the guy who started the thread owns the 06 WRX. I never said the 06 is almighty, maybe others do, but I will simply reflect what Subaru built it with: 230 hp (crank, and 235 torque). SO 1) the Ion is already behind.
    2) a mod like exhaust or intake done on both, will not help the Ion overcome the hp and torque it is behind, as both cars are similar in weight.

Assuming the Kdub has the manual, he would win in 0-60, WRX scores 0-60 in 5.49 and 1/4 mile in 14.11) You can find that here:
    http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/Sp...reza&trimid=-1

You have got to be kidding me

1) MSN uses 6.2 for their claim of a 0-60. Do you not realize that the Ion RL is FWD and therefore will generally put down less than stellar 0-60 times... And do you also realize that much of the educated automotive community no longer looks to 0-60 times to demonstrate a cars capabilities because it means next to nothing except traction? Funny how the WRX will post better 0-60 making YOU think it is faster, and yet the RL will post higher trap speeds. Perhaps you should look into things further before running your mouth.

2) Mod for mod the redline is behind in hp and t/q? That is funny considering most 06' WRX cap out on the stock td04 turbo at less than 235whp while the redlines are hitting 250whp with similar mods of full exhaust, intake, ecu, and pulley.

3) So the ion is behind 25 hp is it. Well yeah, if you are stupid and look at crank horsepower. For the more intelligent people here we know that american companies underrate their cars and take that into consideration... Therefore we look at whp. The iron redline while only rated at 205 crank horsepower makes 200whp STOCK. And a bit more torque as well.
    So you see, it is the uniformed ones such as yourself that look purely at crank horsepower and make assumptions.. and it is the rather well informed ones such as myself that know about underrated horsepower and Ion RL's making whp rated similarly to their crank horsepower.

4) You wanna talk about being firmiliar with stats? Just look above, where you just got 0wn3d. I have been nice up until now and put up with you running your mouth and giving inaccurate information to the other members here and now I am starting to get really sick of it. Learn your stuff, or just STFU and stop spreading incorrect information and poisening the minds of the other members here with the pooh related substance that seems to flow from your mouth that you might tend to call "words" from time to time.
    Last edited by DTR rex; 11-01-2006 at 01:15 PM.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Smile

Chill pill FTW!

The redline wheel horsepower may be closer to its crank horsepower as has been dicussed earlier, but if you click the link I posted above, the WRX wins on not just 0-60 but 1/4 mile as well, stock vs. stock. If you disagree that's fine, but in the three road reviews and track tests done by edmunds com, msn.com (where I linked to above) and motor trend, the WRX is faster 0-60 and 1/4 mile time. Numbers, especailly consistent ones don't lie, but if you wish to disagree that is fine, that is one of the beautiful things about forums.

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    This thread is reminding me of why I don't hang out in this particular forum any more.
    +1^^^^. Seems like it turns into a pissing contest as to who knows the most. You guys should just agree to disagree.
    "I spent a lot of of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." -George Best

Quote Originally Posted by mortimer View Post
    +1^^^^. Seems like it turns into a pissing contest as to who knows the most. You guys should just agree to disagree.
    no we shouldnt

FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Now that I think about it agreeing to disagree wouldn't be as funny . That is what I get for waking up and posting
    "I spent a lot of of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." -George Best

Chill pill FTW!

The redline wheel horsepower may be closer to its crank horsepower as has been dicussed earlier, but if you click the link I posted above, the WRX wins on not just 0-60 but 1/4 mile as well, stock vs. stock. If you disagree that's fine, but in the three road reviews and track tests done by edmunds com, msn.com (where I linked to above) and motor trend, the WRX is faster 0-60 and 1/4 mile time. Numbers, especailly consistent ones don't lie, but if you wish to disagree that is fine, that is one of the beautiful things about forums.
    Once again, you fail to comprehend what I am saying. I never stated the Cobalt had superior 0-60 times or 1/4mile times in respect to the 5mt wrx. However I did say they both run similar times if you are talking about an auto 06' wrx (which is how this all started) and then I stated the ss not only ran a similar 1/4mile but trapped higher and will make more whp with similar mods. I am right about all of this, and it is beyond me why you are still sitting here trying to argue it
    Just call me Clark Kent

Quote Originally Posted by mortimer View Post
    Now that I think about it agreeing to disagree wouldn't be as funny . That is what I get for waking up and posting
    funny, but yeah, we will have to agree to disagree. If you are really into racing, then yeah, 0-60 might not mean as much to you. But since for me, about 80% of the speeds I travel ar 0-60, it can be a good way to evalute a car's accleration and performance, if that is what you are into. Granted the AWD helps alot with this, as well as offering great traction in dry, dirt, gravel, and the elements, thus another reason a lot of us prefer the WRX (myself included ) so in the end, we'll simply have to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    Once again, you fail to comprehend what I am saying. I never stated the Cobalt had superior 0-60 times or 1/4mile times in respect to the 5mt wrx. However I did say they both run similar times if you are talking about an auto 06' wrx (which is how this all started) and then I stated the ss not only ran a similar 1/4mile but trapped higher and will make more whp with similar mods. I am right about all of this, and it is beyond me why you are still sitting here trying to argue it

Again, I am not trying to combat you, you are talking here about the auto, I was posting about the manual WRX. You are right on about the auto WRX being similar to cobalt SS, I was discussing the SS vs. manual times, which is what most people have. I am right too about a manual vs. manual, stock vs. stock, the Suby will walk it all day 0-60 and 1/4 mile. But, alas, we will have to disagree about manual vs. manual with same mods which one would do better.

Again, I am not trying to combat you, you are talking here about the auto, I was posting about the manual WRX. You are right on about the auto WRX being similar to cobalt SS, I was discussing the SS vs. manual times, which is what most people have. I am right too about a manual vs. manual, stock vs. stock, the Suby will walk it all day 0-60 and 1/4 mile. But, alas, we will have to disagree about manual vs. manual with same mods which one would do better.
    Here (below) is your post that started it all... The very essence of what we have been discussing... and this how the debate came to be, with your post about the auto wrx (06' specifically) beating an Ion RL.

Yeah, the Impreza would win, (pending a good driver,) bar none. Even the autos (which I have too ) tested a 0-60 of 6.4 by Motor Trend, so even an auto is .1 behind a manual redline, both stock. Heck, switch to sythentic, or get a basic mod, and an auto would tie or win just stock.

But yeah, especially from a roll? The WRX FTW!!!
    Please review your post, or for that matter, all posts you have made in this thread because you seem to have difficulties making relevant relations to previously posted material.. Even if it was posted by yourself

I never stated the SS had superior 0-60 and 1/4mile times compared to a 5mt wrx. Seems you just pulled that one completely out of your ass crack. And as for the modding issue, I still do not see why you are arguing that the wrx will make more whp mod for mod compared to a wrx, when that is simply not true (manual vs manual). I posted actual numbers, and you have not.
    Please revise your strategy and get back to me.
    Just call me Clark Kent

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast