2 runs vs. E36 M3

This is a discussion on 2 runs vs. E36 M3 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My buddy and i finally got a chance to race. I knew he wanted to for a long time so ...

2 runs vs. E36 M3

My buddy and i finally got a chance to race. I knew he wanted to for a long time so we finally got it out of the way. Both races from a stop. His performance mods are unknown by him cuz he bought it modded for autox so it has a full bushing kit and sway bars and springs/struts and all that. On top of it, we think he has a lightweight flywheel and performance clutch w/ a short shifter and 3 series gearing which is shorter than the M3. He has intake and an accessory pulley kit also.

1st race i launched pretty decent but my clutch was slipping cuz of a bad incident w/ the wife the week previous and trying to teach her 'the handbrake trick'. So i launched about 4-5k and eased the clutch out halfway then dumped it. He had a bunch of wheel hop after revin to 3k or so. I had 1 car halfway through 2nd gear then we hit 3rd and he pulled 2 cars on me. I was pretty much shifting at redline the whole time or a little under.

The second race, i rev'd to about 4k and feather'd it till the light turned green, he didn't launch so i raped him off the line by a bit then he gained 2 cars by 75-80 ish and we shut down.

All in all, i'm quite impressed w/ my stock '04.
    Blobeye Syndicate #2004
    Military Militia #30-06

2004 WRX - JBP:Stage 2:13.93 @ 96

Wingless alas. Too bad it took a 50 ton truck to make it happen.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    Nice, my stock 04' still surprises me at times but I am definitely feeling the need to uncork it already. LOL Feels like she wants to give out more.

I hear ya. I have an uppipe ready to go in but am waiting on a gasket. I also figured that if i'm gonna do the uppipe, i may as well do the dp at the same time just to make it easier on myself. I can't wait to see the look on my friends face when i go stage 2 and blow the doors off of him. Sorry, ive never had a faster car than him.
    Blobeye Syndicate #2004
    Military Militia #30-06

2004 WRX - JBP:Stage 2:13.93 @ 96

Wingless alas. Too bad it took a 50 ton truck to make it happen.